Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-10-2004, 11:50 AM   #1  

Default What do you do with your keys and stuff?

I don't mean to be a dork and this is not a fake question. The weather has gotten nice and I want to walk and eventually jog outside. I went today and passed a number of other joggers and runners. I feel I need to carry my house keys and a cell phone and maybe a little bottle of water (OK - I could do without the water). So I have a little bag I wear like a messenger bag, but nobody else did. Where do you carry your stuff???
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 06:53 PM   #2  

I don't carry anything but my keys - and I use the spare key and just lace it in to my shoe laces - make sure you unthread your laces atleast one hole to be on the safe side. I don't know where you could put a cell phone, unless you found an arm band that had a pounch where you could put it. I have an mp3 player and its case works like that.
emilyatau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 07:18 AM   #3  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

I buy a mini rucksack every years or so just for this. They are tough poly whatsit, waterproof and easy to wear.

They are made by Animal and I find them in all of the skateboard/surfboard shops!
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:28 PM   #4  

Thanks so much for your responses. I'll keep carrying my bag and who cares what people think. I'm getting fit and that is all that counts.

Last edited by ellenuw; 04-12-2004 at 05:29 PM. Reason: typo correction
Old 04-12-2004, 07:33 PM   #5  

Yeah if you want to carry your stuff around, I would say a messenger bag would work pretty well And I like your attitude about it, don't worry about what people think!
gillian14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 08:17 PM   #6  

I carry tons of stuff when I got for a long run:

I have a water bottle with a hand strap that I carry for anything longer than an hour and fill with a mix of gatorade and water.

I also wear this fanny pack type holder for my cd player. It has a small pocket for keys and money.

I tripped and fell while on a run a while back and had to limp home covered in mud and blood. Ever since I have brought a cell phone or some cab fare when I go out for a run because you never want to be caught miles away from home with an injury.
katia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 09:46 AM   #7  

Thanks for your responses!! I am not a dork, but well prepared