Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-13-2004, 08:19 PM   #46  
WW Moderator

I did the treadmill today instead. I'm not sure how many more WATP tapes I can get in this month. I started Body For Life and instead of cardio tapes, I'll be doing treadmill on a wavering intensity scale, and WATP just doesn't fall into place with it. I'm probably going to do some extra just for fun, anyway, because I'm going to miss it if I don't!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:54 AM   #47  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

well I walked three miles yesterday and one mile today. I am hoping to find time to walk another two miles today.
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:59 AM   #48  

Good Morning Everyone!

I've been doing OK on the workouts. I got another 2 miles in last night. I did her Walk Strong Express and I like this one but she has a tendency not to do the same number of reps on each side during the toning segments and this drives me crazy. I just compensate because I know where they are and balance them out but I just wish she would count more. I just recently bought Denise Austin's Power Zone workout (infomercial) and the cardio portion on this one isn't too bad. It's almost 30 minutes but moves way faster then Leslie and although Denise's Q'ing sucks I can keep up pretty good with this one. I figure that's about 2 miles as well. I'll have to use my pedometer on this one just to make sure.

Jennifer-I'm so tempted to buy a treadmill. I'm in that buying phase and I'm trying to resist. I did Body For Life for a while. How is the eating side for you? I think I've done almost every diet on this planet ! I also did the Larry North Slimdown for Life and that one worked well for me because I didn't have to give up all carbs. The eating 5-6 times a day was a bit of a pain though at work. Keep it up though. Good job.

Kari-I'm glad you had a great Easter! Mine was quiet but I actually worked out on Easter which was a surprise to me! I have to remember to just start. That's always the hardest part for me, getting off the couch !

Bev-good job on getting those miles in. I need to be more consistent. I feel so much better when I am!

Okay back to work for me. Get those miles in everybody!
ras8779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 02:25 AM   #49  
Do or Do Not

S/C/G: 302/267/135

Height: 5'5

I know its been a while since i posted but ive been super busy! THe last time i checked i was at 34. Minus 2.5 and minus 3. So that leaves me at 29.5. lol. Man, im going to have to get the move on..im slacking, specially since there is only about 15 more days in april.
CutieCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 12:54 PM   #50  

Hi !

Cutie-don't feel bad I still have 20 to go. I think I can do it though with two weeks of walks left. I just have to get moving more. Last night I ended up just doing toning. Cardio just didn't appeal to me for some reason, but tonight will definitely be a 2 or 3 mile walk. I have to get them in!

I really like a challenge. It does help me to move more knowing that I have a goal to reach. If you average 40 miles out over a month it's just about 1.3 miles per day (30 day month). That's really not that hard to do if you think about it. Leslie says to aim at 12-15 miles per week which would mean 48 miles a month or more. That sure is allot of ! I hope you all get time to post. I need to get back to work. Take care and have a great day.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:08 PM   #51  
~ Berry Happy ~

Hello everyone! So glad you are all getting your miles in! I was going to to my WATP tapes when I got off work the other night, but I didn't. Then I kept putting them off, until tonight, and I got one mile in. (Shame on me...I could have done more). But atleast I pushed myself to do it. Usually when I talk myself into doing it, I'll keep doing it, so hopefully this stays a routine.

Tomorrow night I think I may try the two mile tape. I just completed the one mile, and I still work up a sweat, but I can feel it getting a wee bit easier. If the two mile is too hard, than I'll just stick with the one mile until I feel I can complete the two mile.

Well - I have to get to bed now. I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow, and I'll post tomorrow night!

~ Kari ~
kari_berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 01:48 PM   #52  

Just a quick hi before I leave for the weekend. I haven't been doing many walks these last few days because I have a toothache. I'm hoping it gets better before the weekend. I'm sure it will end in a root canal! I hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:36 PM   #53  
Wheeeeeeeeee!

Oh dear. I fell off that wagon so hard I think I bounced. I haven't walked in exactly one week Hubby left the state for the funeral of a relative, he's been gone most of the week, and I fell into a slump over it. I hate that. Just about to get off my butt NOW and do two miles, though.

Think happy thoughts! Hope my legs don't fall off!
aphrodeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 02:14 PM   #54  
Wheeeeeeeeee!

Whew! I lived! Yay! Feels good to get back in the groove. Now to wean myself back OFF all the junk I ate this week. Blech.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:34 PM   #55  
~ Berry Happy ~

aphrodeia - I hear ya about falling off the wagon! I don't think we've ever really "fallen off". I think we're still "hanging on" somehow

If we fell off, we certainly would not be here right now

You can get back in the groove, and so can I
kari_berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 06:36 PM   #56  

Is it too late for me to start this thing? I really want to set myself a goal and I think it would be easier if I have somewhere to post to so that I can keep track of how I'm progressing.. My goal is to run 15 miles in the next 12? days I think.. we'll see how that one goes hehe
gillian14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 06:39 PM   #57  
Wheeeeeeeeee!

Never too late, Gillian! Welcome aboard!

Probably no walking for me today, though I've been pretty active anyhow. Rather achey from yesterday LOL Today was the wee one's birthday (eight years old!), so I was chasing kids around at Chuck E Cheese for a few hours. Yeah, I ate the pizza, and a piece of cake, but I think I worked that off.

Happy Sunday all, best wishes for a speedy week!
Old 04-19-2004, 03:39 PM   #58  

Hi All!

aphrodeia-I've been off and on many times. It just takes one time to get you back on a roll again. Don't feel bad about not working out just come on here for some motivation! That's what we're here for!

Gillian-It's never too late. Join us and put down your miles. I need to be pushed to walk too or I would never do any kind of workouts. I'm just lazy sometimes! If I put off my walks for too long I end up not doing them so I have to do them first thing in the morning or right after work! I hope you post often!

Kari-I couldn't agree with you more. I think we do just hang on but never really leave go because we know how good we feel when we do work out! I know it really helps my mood.

I managed a three mile yesterday and some strength training. I did her WATP abs and this one seems to go by fast for me. The color on my video is messed up though. It looks like it was cheaply made or a bad copy. I will have to get this one on DVD I guess. Ok back to work for me!
Old 04-21-2004, 03:15 PM   #59  

Talking Already a WATPer like to take on challenge

Well I am already a WATP exerciser and saw your challenge. I know it is late in the month. My goal is to walk 15 miles a week. I have done 6 so far this week. Keep walking!
kkbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:23 PM   #60  

just checkin in to say i've done 5 miles so far.. but I don't know how much more I'll be doing, because i seem to have hurt my hip a bit, so it may be a few days before I get back onto the treadmill. I've been doin my other exercises in the meantime tho.
gillian14 is offline   Reply With Quote