Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-12-2004, 04:00 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default TaeBo

I absolutely LOVE taebo! I've been doing taebo for about 3 years now. When I first started doing taebo, I lost 65lbs along with a small amount of strength training and diet. I was always working alot, and really never had time for anything else.

I got pregnant in Oct 02. Gained all my weight back plust a few pounds. I'm now back up to 309.5. I started going to the gym 2x week, taebo 3x week, and pilates 1x week. Along with Weight Watchers, and drinking about a gallon of water a day. I would like to lose 2-3lbs a week. I'm looking so forward to weigh in day on Monday to see how much I've lost!

Does anyone else have any Taebo stories they would like to tell?? I would love to read them!

Patience
patientmomx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 08:04 AM   #2  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Patience,
no stories but i love taebo.. everytime i do it i feel so energized afterwords.. Billy really gets you going..
and Sean is adorable..
blugirrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 03:46 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugirrl1
and Sean is adorable..
Thank you so much! He's a little booger

Patience
Old 02-18-2004, 11:40 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

I finally completed the tape from beginning to end - I was terrible the first time! I have no coordination, and my legs aren't the easiest thing to get up in the air. I haven't been able to complete every single move until this morning. I've been counting down for a week on the double speed round kicks at the very end. I could NOT do all 5 sets. I was doing 2, then 2.5, then 3, etc. Finally this morning I did all 5.
I have been exclusively treadmill for years, and this was harder for me than expected.

What kind of Pilates are you doing? Also have you tried the newest Taebo videos? I can't remember what they are called - but they have the handweights. I need the next level up on a workout, and I'm not sure which to buy. I've heard mixed reviews about his tapes, but nothing on the new ones.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 12:58 AM   #5  

I bought Taebo Cardio and Taebo Flex a few weeks ago. I saw an info-mercial for his newest ones... Taebo 2004, but haven't ordered them... I would like to when I get my tax return!!! I love taebo, always have.. always will!! Billy helped me lose my first 65lbs!! I'm sure he can do it again =)
Old 02-19-2004, 02:59 PM   #6  

I decided it was time to shake up my cardio a little and checked out Tae Bo tapes on Ebay. Got the 4 tape set for $12.50 with shipping. I cannot wait to get them and get started!
jolee95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 02:06 PM   #7  
WW Moderator

Have you done the Taebo Cardio? I bought it last night with the WATP 4 mile Super Challenge. I tried the WATP and did it happily last night and this morning. I hope I like as much in the weeks to come. I want to alternate Taebo with it. They didn't have the 2004 Taebo tapes at Target, but the cardio dvd box looked interesting.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:39 PM   #8  

I've done Taebo Cardio. It's like the advanced 1 hour taebo tapes, but it's only 45min. They go fast, and really don't give you any time to catch your breath. I only do Taebo cardio maybe once every 2 weeks. Taebo flex is really easy and a little bit slower paced than the other taebo videos.

I saw WATP at walmart today.. is it really worth it??
Old 02-23-2004, 06:05 PM   #9  
WW Moderator

I tried a WATP video once and I wasn't too impressed, it was too easy. I bought the 4 mile Super Challenge and it was really good. I would like a 6 mile video! But I suppose 90 minutes would be hard to fit in a schedule all the time. I am going to do the WATP with ankle weights and then add on small dumbells to increase the intensity.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:47 PM   #10  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Jennifer, Be careful of you knees please.
I love tae bo! I have not done it is a while, the VCR drives me crazy but I would love more info on the DVD's
-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 11:57 PM   #11  
pin head

sorry to intrude. this might sound like a dumb question.. but im new here so please forgive me..

what is watp??
idontcarebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:18 AM   #12  

No, it's not a dumb question.. I didn't know either until I had to ask someone! WATP-walk away the pounds. It's a tape you follow in your own home.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:37 PM   #13  
pin head

thank you very much!!
Old 03-01-2004, 12:58 AM   #14  
WW Moderator

Oops! Sorry I didn't write back sooner! The tapes are widely available in department stores and on the internet, so if you need something easy to follow (choreography that is), they are a good choice. There are many to choose from, so you can pick your intensity.

Does anybody know if they still make the strap on ankle weights? I can't find any. I had some.....in the 80's I think. Are they still around?
Old 03-05-2004, 09:10 PM   #15  
pin head

i believe i have seen them at target. well atleast at the one around here.