Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-26-2004, 10:50 AM   #1  
Legend in my own mind

Default motivated by music

Any one like to play loud music and dance to it?
I really don't like to "exercise" and who does anyway.
but I love to play loud music, and looking at my avatar and signature I would assume most of you figured out how much I love Korn. I love to dance to Korn and do the Jon Davis freaky dance. I also dance to Static X and Tool and Twisted Method, and Linkin Park, and it is a really fun work out. I do it when no bodys around and its fun. I had taken Belly dancing lessions in the past and love that dance but hate the music. How can I get motivated listening to that stuff?
Other than that I do walk a lot.
Partytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 12:07 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

Hi Partytime, I don't dance at ALL (if you saw, you'd understand!) but I do have to have music on all the time when I exercise. I listen to most anything except country/western if it has a good beat - while I exercise. I'm more choosy otherwise. I'm also a Linkin Park and Korn fan - whew, Chester...

Anyway, back to the subject - do you listen to music while you walk? I can't really do the treadmill or walk alone without it. I mix CD compilations and burn them and use that for walking. I usually start moderate, move to faster and have the end of the CD with a slower pace to cool down. Also, I don't listen to that CD anywhere except when exercising, so I don't get bored as quickly. That's about the best way for me to exercise. Get the music you are passionate about and let your mind carry you away while you walk (or your preference) to the beat. Makes a big difference for me!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:33 AM   #3  
Legend in my own mind

Hey Jennifer. Yeah Chester is cool isn't he? I met him at a meet and greet when I saw Linkin Park Feb 13th. He signed my poster for me. they all did.
I don't usually take a CD player with headphones when I go out walking.
but I listen to music a lot. I play violin and so I play along to all my fav music.
last night I practiced for about 2 hours.
thing about me is, I have music playing in my head all the time, its like I can listen to anything I want too and it never stops. Don't want it to stop.
Partytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 10:53 AM   #4  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC
I'm also a Linkin Park and Korn fan - whew, Chester...
Eh?? Just when you think you know someone...

I only own a little CD walkman with headphones, and don't have a stereo. So that kind of limits me. I do listen to music while on the treadmill and can't walk a step without it. I burn my own CDs of "treadmill music", so I just have what works and don't have to skip past the slow stuff. And yes, I turn it up very loud

We used to have a thread around here somewhere, of suggestions of music to exercise by.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:02 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

Whaddya mean??? I'm hurt, you don't know my musical tastes, and you're blood!

I think the musical suggestion list was in Alternachicks. Do a search on Marilyn Manson and you'll find it!
Old 04-12-2004, 10:20 AM   #6  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Partytime:

I love music as well...not exactly Linkin Park...but I can't exercise without music. I find that Moby or Prodigy are great to exercise to...as well as Bjork.

My absolute favorite is Prodigy's "Fat of the Land" CD. Great stuff!

Girlie
Girlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:21 AM   #7  
WW Moderator

Oooh yeah, that is the best CD. One of those few where I like every song they put on it! Thanks for the reminder. I lost a CD book a while back and that was in it, so I need to buy a replacement.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:11 AM   #8  

Hehehe - you guys just reminded me of my high school days. I was on the basketball team and we had to have warm-up music for home games. Well, when senior year rolled around, there were 4 of us seniors so we decided to alternate who made the tape each game. Our first game we chose some traditional same old, same old "Eye of the Tiger" stuff. Well, the next game was "Prodigy Night" and all the guys in the gym were like "wait a second, we're at a CHICK'S game!?" After that we decided to keep everyone on their toes - it kind of became our small town's favorite game trying to guess what we would choose. We had a "country night", "game-show theme song night", "smurfs night" (where we all died our hair blue and ran out to the theme from smurf's), and my all time favorite was "classical music night" - the other team couldn't even warm up properly to that music.
emilyatau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 03:09 AM   #9  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Party time- I belly dance to Nine Inch Nails (The Fragile), Prince (Seven), Missy Elliot and,although I don't care that much for Britney Spears in general, the songs Toxic and Slave 4U (sp?) are great for belly dancing.

I have even been able to dance to some Korn songs too. Anything with a good strong beat and some rythym can work.
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote