Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-10-2004, 04:46 AM   #1  

Default what does every one think of exercise bikes?

Hi , just wondering what people think of exercise bikes and has any body lot wieght just by using them
I currently do 10Kms a day on a exercise bike and just brought a gym and am starting to do my 10kms on my bike which takes 25 mins plus another 20 mins of weight training on my gym.
I have lost 14 kgs so far but still have about another 40 to go, so just wondering am i waisting my time on this bike or should i keep it up.
Also what muscles do you use the most on the bike, because i would really love to get rid of mu thighs, ***, and stomach.
Cheers for any info
Candyapples78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 02:41 PM   #2  

Hi. When I was a member of a gym, I used to do a 30-minute workout consisting of 20 minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the elliptical trainer. Then, I decided to change my workout so that I spent 10 minutes on the bike, 10 on the treadmill, and 10 on the elliptical trainer. The bike really helped me to see great results in my butt area. Up until that point, I had lost some weight, but my butt still tended to sag. One day, weeks after I’d started using the bike, I happened to glance at my backside in the mirror while I was changing clothes and was shocked at how much firmer I’d gotten. Besides this, the bike also gave me one heck of a great cardio workout.
vmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 02:34 PM   #3  

Bikes are wonderful exercise w/out the jarring effect of running... While they do tone butt, thighs and legs, you will not "spot-lose" of course. The cardio you will get from the bike is a wonderful wy to lose weight all over though... Keep it up, and maintain a moderate, balanced diet... You are doing well!!
conway_1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 11:40 PM   #4  

Talking

Thanks guys it has given me even more motivation to get on that damn bike again and again. Thanks.
Just hope it lasts...lol.....
its been 1 month now with only 2 days without riding the bike, so i think i am going pretty well. but i'm so hard on myself i feel guilty because i have missed 2 days in the month....lol.. i shouldnt worry but i do.
I try and do it every day of the week , 7 days a week, if not i feel like crap. but any way i shouldnt, i had a biscuit today and felt like crap so i better get back on the bike and do anothe r5 kms for that biscuit..lol
any way thanks again
cheers
Old 03-13-2004, 04:46 AM   #5  

Hi CandyApples78

What part of Australia you from? I'm in Melbourne.

I got to gym x5 a week and do an hour of cardio then 20 mins fitball and weights. I've been a gymrat for years and really enjoy it.

I personally don't like the bike, I just find it boring and I find it takes a while to get my heartrate up. I have much more success with the cross trainer as it works both the arms/legs and has really toned up my legs/waist, having lost 10 cms in the last 9 weeks from that area alone.

Have you tried lunges with the fit ball? Rest the ball on a wall about waist high and do lunges with alternating legs and then both legs together. Does this make sense? Fantastic for the thighs and hip area.

Anyways, hope this helps.
wubbabubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 12:46 AM   #6  

Hi wubbabubba,
I'm in NSW, and no i havent ried the ball thingo yet...lol.....but will have to get one if you say there that good. I always thougth they wouldnt do much, but what your saying it seems to be working for u.
I dont go to the gym because i live to far away from one and it would just take to long. So i'm trying to make my own gym if i can say that.....lol... i have a exercise bike, a home gym,a walker and one of those airwalkers, but find them hopless because they hert my ankles and i dont think they work anyway.....
Whats a cross training?