New to Curves---can't decide!!

• Hi all out there. I'm trying out Curves for the first time this week. I've been walking for the last couple months, pretty consistent 3 days a week....a couple weeks not at all. I'm looking into Curves, but having a hard time justifying the money...I really want to lose weight, but I just don't know if Curves and watching my diet (which is really hard for me) is enough to see results. Any one out there? Help.
  • I think it's more important to be consistent with your exercise, so if this is inconvenient or too expensive, you might not do enough. Walking every day will get you started quickly, and it's cheap. If you can't do that, just turn on the radio and march in place or dance. It might seem silly, but a calorie burned is a calorie burned. I can't emphasize enough how important it is to get in motion, as often as you possibly can. Even a couple of 15-minute sessions per day will help. Just get moving now!
  • I don't ever want to urge anyone to spend beyond their means on a gym, but I will tell you that I love Curves and think it has been a miracle for me.

But if the money is tight, I would suggest adding some strength training at home. There are tons of great books out there that you could buy and follow an easy strength training routine at home - I know its silly, cuz not everyone is in this situation at the moment - but there is a book called Buff Brides that has the most amazing strength training workout - I saw SO much change when I was really following it!! You can find it in the bridal section...
  • Hi I joined Curves two months ago and love it. I have lost four pounds and 11 inches since I started going. I look forward to that 30 or 40 minutes that I am working out at Curves. I think it is really motivating to go there and see all the different people from all walks of life working out and sharing their successes with each other. I think if you had the money, you would not be spending it foolishly. If you don't have the money for it, I would suggest the Leslie Sansone In-Home Walking Videos. They are great and you get a good toning workout too. I hope I was able to help you a little bit.
  • Its not that I don't really have the money, $29/mo is not that bad, I just don't want to join, spend the money and then be dissapointed....but I guess I wouldn't have anybody to blame for the dissapointment but me!!!
  • You cannot put a price on health, but at the same time, you cannot lose weight by simply joining Curves.. It takes a moderate diet, and lots of exercise... If joining the gym is what it takes to get motivated, then by all means join, but if you would rather go for a walk outside, then go do that.. GOod luck though...