3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   What is your favorite exercise accessory? (video, equipment, apparel, etc) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/37358-what-your-favorite-exercise-accessory-video-equipment-apparel-etc.html)

Suzanne 3FC 03-01-2004 06:09 PM

What is your favorite exercise accessory? (video, equipment, apparel, etc)

What item have you purchased for exercise that you can't live without? It could be a treadmill, a certain video tape, some free weights, good shoes, or anything at all that you've bought.

You use it and love it and now we want you to recommend it :)

Meg 03-01-2004 07:29 PM

Without a doubt, it's my iPod. :) I can't do cardio without music. Period.

Close behind is the pad that I put on the barbell before I do squats and lunges. I'm such a wimp that the weighted bar kills my back otherwise. The one the gym has stinks, so I bought my own. :o

Love my new running shoes -- Mizunos Wave Rider 7. Never heard of them before but they were recommended at the store and fit my feet very well.

SeekInnerThinChick 03-01-2004 07:40 PM

My Speedo swimsuit. I doubt they'd let me in the pool without it.

LindaT 03-01-2004 08:40 PM

My aerobics step
collagevideo.com - too many great tapes here. I want all of them
my free weights - just started back lifting and am very happy with results thus far.

katia 03-01-2004 09:59 PM

My favorite accessories are my running shoes. I hesitate to recommend any specific shoe, but instead recommend going to an athletic shoe store and getting properly fitted. I tried a million different brands trying to find comfortable shoes, but it wasn't until someone looked at how my feet hit the ground and talked to me about what I wanted to use the shoes for that I found the right pair.

Tig 03-02-2004 06:38 AM

Everything Katia said about running shoes.

Deborah17 03-02-2004 03:49 PM

My boyfriend...without him...I would not have had the confidence to join the gym...
My gym membership...without it I would still be sitting at home....
My abs ball...which I found at the gym.....and now use all the time at home, including as a chair so I can roll around while working......

mandw46 03-09-2004 04:34 AM

Lifelift

The exercise that has gotten me started down this road to wellness is my Lifelift Aerobic Breathing tapes. I will never be without!

Wanda.

South Dakota Chick 03-12-2004 05:41 PM

I love my balance board. My favorite video is New York City Ballet workout.

Maurene 03-12-2004 08:37 PM

My prospirit workout pants! They don't ride up when I walk or jog like most shorts, yet they are light weight. And, I find them more comfortable than lycra and they don't make me feel self conscious (like lycra and sometimes shorts do). They are also less bulky than standard sweat pants. (They are made out of polyester - but I've never had any chafing problems.)

I own three pairs!

FrouFrou 03-13-2004 05:40 PM

I have three, although here lately they haven't gotten much use. I am changing that though. They are, my treadmill, exercise bike and my WATP video. I absolutely LOVE all three and couldn't/wouldn't live without them.

blugirrl1 03-16-2004 08:11 AM

My workout pants from walmart. about 10 bucks. super comfy. and my WATP dvd. The 1 mile is great for when i am feeling tired in afternoon, to give me that burst of energy and get thru the night. and the 2 mile is perfect for 5- 6 am. when the kids are sleeping . ( my only me time of the day)

JEC 03-22-2004 11:54 PM

Running shoes, treadmill and home gym. I can get any workout I want done without stepping a foot outside my house!

JC

Noodles913 03-25-2004 09:30 AM

My Roller Skates
My Bowling Ball
My Tennis Racket
My Bicycle
My Dog
My Gardening Tools & Gadgets

Last but not least...

My Thrift Store work-out clothing finds. You'd be amazed at how many brand-new-with-tags work out clothes people discard.
:cool: