3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Picture of fat vs. muscle (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/37091-picture-fat-vs-muscle.html)

sabriena 11-16-2005 08:32 AM

ew, that is disgusting! I would much rather have the neater looking muscle in my body than the flobby sloppy fat! Whew.. what time is it? EXERCISE TIME! :D

Softykins 11-24-2005 02:09 AM

WOOHOO! I've almost lost 5 of those fat replicas!! :dance:

lol!

farukh 12-22-2005 12:07 AM

help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
i am 5.4 and i weighed 163 lbs. in aug i joined an aerobics class n started a healthy food regimen. now after 4.5 months of regular xercise n occasional cheating i look half my original size but weigh 167 pounds??????????
am i ABNORMAL
farukh!

Snoopysgirl 12-31-2005 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farukh
help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
i am 5.4 and i weighed 163 lbs. in aug i joined an aerobics class n started a healthy food regimen. now after 4.5 months of regular xercise n occasional cheating i look half my original size but weigh 167 pounds??????????
am i ABNORMAL
farukh!

I think that I remember reading somewhere that muscle weighs more than fat. (?) But if your clothes are fitting different then you are doing the right thing; ignore the scale!:carrot:

geodessa 01-09-2006 05:49 PM

I had a similar experience about 8 years ago. I worked out with a personal trainer (and on my own) for 4 months everyday (except sundays) without fail and I also followed a diet plan and NEVER CHEATED not even once.
I was extremely motivated at that time. Anyway I was calibrated and weighed by my personal trainer and it showed that I had only lost two lbs on scale and 1 inch. I was fuming, so they had another trainer calibrate me. Same thing. Then my trainer accused me of cheating on the diet and not working out enough. I had worked out for 2 hours a day 6 days a week for four months and never even once cheated on the diet!!!!!
Needless to say that that experience got me so down that i gave up working out for years and packed on the weight even more.
I dearly regreted giving up since my weight climbed to 200lbs. And now it is much harder to loose it because I am older and my metabolism is slower.
DON'T GIVE UP YOU WILL REGRET IT. JUST KEEP GOING YOU WILL SEEEE RESULTS. That's all I am trying to say.

geodessa 01-09-2006 05:54 PM

OH another note:
when I look back and see that I spent an entire decade (my 30's) being overweight and then obese i just want to cry. I am determined not to waste my 40's this way. The way i see it my 40's are going to be my best years.
besides loosing the weight i have plans for a new career and other goals. Goals which will be much much harder to accomplish being overweight.

Wide in Winnipeg 01-13-2006 10:16 PM

I did print that picture and made copies...1 for the bike one for the fridge and one beside the bed to wake up to.Also kept one for my wallet so when I go out to eat I see that pic and order properly!:D
Wendy

WaterRat 01-14-2006 05:27 PM

Quote:

I think that I remember reading somewhere that muscle weighs more than fat. (?)
Both weigh exactly the same - a pound is a pound is a pound. But, as you can see from the photo, a pound of muscle is much denser than a pound of muscle (well, 5 pounds in the photo), and so it takes up less space. Thus, it's easily possible that farukh weighs the same or a little more, yet looks like she's lost a lot. Besides that, muscle is metabolically active, which mean it burns calories all the time, a good thing! :carrot:

nikkster 02-17-2006 02:31 AM

How come I can't see the picture?

Meg 02-17-2006 05:23 AM

Did you click on the link in the first post of this thread? It's still showing up for me. :)

Linds81 03-19-2006 12:47 PM

WideinWinipeg - Great Idea... I'm going to be posting that pic by the fridge too!!!

Thanks for the pic... it is very motivating!

babyprincess 03-20-2006 11:35 AM

wow, that really got me moving! LoL! thanks loads Meg!

lparker777 06-06-2006 10:18 AM

Does muscle weigh more than fat?

Hello, I think not, but don't know for sure? Does muscle weigh more than fat?? Thanks;)

FarmerManda 06-13-2006 09:14 AM

What are the dimensons ?

Ilene 06-13-2006 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lparker777
Hello, I think not, but don't know for sure? Does muscle weigh more than fat?? Thanks;)

Muscle does not weight more than fat but muscle is denser than fat therefore is smaller for the same weight...