Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2001, 09:02 PM   #1  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Angry

Hellooooo, everyone! I'm nibbling on carrots!

Emmy and Deb:

I'm glad that you guys are getting your workouts in. I need to find a nice tape to do for when I don't want to get outta the house. That way, I have no excuse for bad weather! How long do the tapes usually take you? Can I find them in a store?

Womaninlove:

PEEKABOOSHORTS?! Ha! That's funny! Yes, we do sound similar. Your post brightened me up and I feel much better all of a sudden. It's funny what a little girltalk would do! I'm glad that you still fit into your Umbro's from 1992! I graduated in 1996...yep, I'm a young 'un...I could wear Umbro's too...I like to think of my legs as "soccer girl" legs. I always took solace in the fact that many soccer girls have nice, big, muscular legs. My build has always been "thick". My older brother too, but he used his "thickness" to play football. I wanted to also, but my parents would never have let me! I wished I had gone to a college with a female rugby team. That would have been really cool.

I decided to go to the gym tonite, but I will not go any more than 30 minutes on the elliptical...then come home, shower, and take my medicine and get knocked out. I get off of work late at night, and I have to struggle not to nibble at night, especially after working out. It makes me get the munchies! I went home during my lunch and changed into my workout clothes. I wish I was on a "normal" 9-5 type schedule! At least the gym isn't full at 9pm.

I'll be around, so I hope to hear from one of you again soon. If not, I'll post again tomorrow.

*won't Rose be surprised when she sees that we started a whole new thread already!*

Girlie
Old 03-29-2001, 09:28 PM   #2  
On my way!!

Default I'm so addicted...

To this thread!!!!!

This has to be my last post tonight! I won't be able to get up at 6 and go to the gym!

Girlie, just had to write back to first congratulate you on your very nutritious snack choice!!! I was considering hitting the light chocolate ice cream in the fridge but decided against it after reading your post, so thanks!

My legs are very "thick" and muscular too. I am trying very hard to like them. I always wanted "bird legs" like my mom's, but got what I used to refer to as "tree trunk" legs instead. I much prefer the term "soccer girl legs" though! I am glad they are strong and they are not as bulky as they used to be. My sweetie loves 'em too! :-)

As for my shorts still fitting, after my huge weight gain after college they stopped fitting. I got back into them after my 67 lb loss. It was sure nice to get them on comfortably again!!

All of this exercise and healthy eating really does feel good and will pay off!!! I'm so glad we all have each other to keep motivated. Hope Rose comes back soon too...

Back tommorrow...
womaninlove
Old 03-29-2001, 10:26 PM   #3  

Hey Girlie, good for you for getting on that elliptical machine even though you are not feeling your best...You are doing so awesome Oh to answer your question the tape I have is 30min long (2miles in that time). I got mine online. I know my Mom looked around in the stores & couldn't find them.

Womaninlove...WOW!! You've lost 67 lbs??? That is great!!!!

I am aiming to fit back into my 3/4, 5/6 clothing. After 2 kids I don't know if I will fit back into the 3/4's but at least the 5/6's will make me happy. I have a ton of "skinny" clothes calling my name

I did do my tape today. I am so happy I did it.. Between the tape & my regular walking around the house & such I clocked an even 5 miles/15,861 steps...WOOHOOOO! It's been about a week or so since I do that good. I even kept away from the snacks today. I have not had any at all. I feel great!!! I have to try to be really good this week because next weekend my Hubby is taking me out to dinner for my birthday. We are going to red lobster & let me tell you I have my eye set on that Bananas foster cheesecake..YUMMY!!! At least my weigh in is on thursday so I have time to make up any damage that may cause....

Have a good night!!
Debbie
Old 03-30-2001, 12:14 PM   #4  

Color me surprised! When I got on here and saw we're already at #24! Wow! We are really rolling here.

Girlie-Thanks for starting a new thread! I hate it when they get to two pages. I did go back to read all the posts on the old thread though but I'm afraid I won't have time to respond to all of them. Too busy again today!

I am just so happy that everyone is so active on this board. It really makes me feel good to log on here and see so much activity. Like Girlie said I've been on here for a long time and I've seen this thread go up and down but I can't remember it ever being this active! I hope we all keep motivated. This is so nice to have so much energy on here. Thanks everybody!

I will try to post more later or maybe even this weekend. Keep moving everybody!
Old 03-30-2001, 01:10 PM   #5  

Default Hello

Hi everyone!! I had alot of errands to run today so I didn't get to do my workout but I figure if I accomplish it at least 5 days a week then I am doing good. I did do alot of walking today though while doing my errands so that should help.

I weighed myself today and I am down 3 pounds. I just started this past monday so that is really good. I have a very long way to go to get to goal. At least 85 pounds need to go!! Slowly but surely I will get there. It just takes time. I will succeed and so will the rest of you.

You all keep me motivated and on track. So glad I found such a supportive forum.

You all take care. I will probably check back in later.
Old 03-30-2001, 01:44 PM   #6  

Hi Everyone!!

Emmy-- Congrats on your 3 lb loss. That is great!!! I know you are happy. You will reach your goal as will the rest of us. I know when I started I thought I'd never get to goal. Now I look back & I'm amazed at how far I've come. Losing it slowly is the best way to go because it will stay off. When you lose too quickly it eventually finds it's way back to you... Good luck to us all

Rose-- Nice to "see" you. I'm looking forward to hearing how you've been doing...

Girlie, Womaninlove-- hope you are both doing good...check in when you get a chance

Well, talk to you all later...

Have a good one!
Debbie
Old 03-30-2001, 02:12 PM   #7  

Hello, all! What's a thread, anyway???I'm not too dumb. I think I made my own the other day, but I wanted to join in with you guys here. I'm doin' my thing with an Orbitrek...it's about 5 weeks now and I'm doin' 10 miles a day, 4/5 days a week. Not much weight loss, though.....I need some support!!!

Last edited by phillym; 03-30-2001 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-30-2001, 03:22 PM   #8  
Bacon Girlie

Default Hello Ladies and Welcome Newbie!

Hey all! I'm feeling a bit better. I did work out last night for 35 minutes. I'm glad I went. It was a good elliptical session..I was wiped out afterward...

Emmy: Hi! Hooray for being down 3 pounds! Don't worry about the Red Lobster. We all deserve a few good treats a week. As long as your exercising, things will be okay. I love Red Lobster! I love Orange Roughy! Watch out with those cheese biscuits! They are so yummy, but they are about 5-6 points apiece (if you're doing WW at all!)

Deb: Size 3/4! 5/6! WOW! I'd never get that small! My thigh probably couldn't get that small! My mom is a size 4/5 and sometimes 3 petite in coats...she's always getting on me for my weight, and that's what I'm dreading about visiting her next month...My goal is a size 10/12 and to maintain it. I'll be so excited! I'm not letting myself go shopping until I drop a size. We all come in different body shapes and types, so it's all good. At least you're not pushing yourself to get into the 3/4s! I'm going to have to check out a video tape!

WomaninLove: HA...I find myself addicted too! It's really exciting! I'm glad I saved you from the dessert monster! You know, that late at night, close to the time I'm off of work, I find that I mostly want to nibble rather than really eat, so I nibble on the carrots because I'm not really hungry...it's just my mouth gets bored. Then I find next thing you know all the carrot sticks are gone and I've got an extra burst of energy! I think that's how I got through my workout last night..I was so tired afterward! I put on my fav. flared wool pants from the Gap and they feel really good today! You know what's funny? I used to hate my legs too, but my BF loves mine too! Isn't that just funny about guys? My BF grew up liking legs like those of Marilyn Monroe and all the other poster girls from the 50's, and he was really glad to meet me 3 yrs ago! Oh, and I must have missed your 67 pound loss if you mentioned it before! If you'd like, can you share your "story" with us? I know I'd be really inspired by it! Maybe I missed it before...

Rose: Hey, welcome back! I figured you wouldn't mind me starting a new thread! I'm sorry you're so busy, but it's FRIDAY!! Yay! I'm going to sleep in tomorrow and get my homework finished and my workout so I can have the rest of the weekend with nothing to do! I hope my BF and I can get our bikes out this weekend!

Philly:Welcome to our thread! You can read our past posts to learn more about us, but we're just a group of happy, healthy ladies here to encourage each other! Please feel free to share! WOW..10 MILES A DAY!!? What's an Orbitrek? Is it more of a bike? Oh, a thread is just this particular discussion board...we're on #24 now...when our replies get too long, we start a new thread...you'll see..just stick around and you'll feel like home! If you work out that much a day and aren't losing any weight, you could just be losing inches...also, it could be many things, like what you're eating (or what you aren't eating). Share with us and learn!

Hope your days are great!

Girlie
Old 03-30-2001, 03:31 PM   #9  
Bacon Girlie

Default WomaninLove

Oh, I looked back and found your story! How great! How did you lose the first 74? Any particular plan?
That's really great! The most I've ever lost was 15 pounds last summer, but then I gained it an 5 more back, up to 213 pounds. I'm at 204 now, and I weight myself on Sundays, so I'll report the (hopefully good) news on Monday. My first goal is just to get out of the 200's! 199...here I come!

~G~
Old 03-30-2001, 05:40 PM   #10  

Girlie, thanks for the input. An Orbitrek is an elliptical glider, something like a bike, but no seat. You stand and peddle, and it moves your arms also. It's a pretty good overall workout, and it takes me about an hour to do 10 miles. It has a monitor for time,speed,distance and calories burned. At 10 miles, I'm burning 400 calories at a time. I'm 51 and post-menopausal, so I guess my metabolism is about zero, but I'll keep it up as long as I have to. Heard about this web-site on MSNBC, and I'm glad I did. My weight right now is 157, and I hope to give a progress report every week....I'm so motivated!

Everyone.....be proud, it sounds like you're all doing so well. I hope I can do as well. Here's something I'd like to share......

My husband, John, passed away about 2 years ago from a massive heart attack. He was only 48 and left us quite suddenly. At the time my kids were 16 and 19. At the time of his death I was waitressing and had done so for over 20 years, about 4 nights a week. He had his own business, which I knew nothing about. My son convinced me to take it over and gave me a crash course in Niktronics 101 (Niktronics is named after my son, Nick). Well, I'm still here running Niktronics (it's a one-woman show) and it gets easier as time goes by, but for a long while I was depressed and gained about 30 pounds. I think that the change from being a waitress to having a desk job had something to do with my weight gain also. But looking ahead, I see all good things, including getting back to my closet-full of size 8's! So glad to meet you all.
Old 03-30-2001, 05:54 PM   #11  
Bacon Girlie

Default Hello

Hello, Philly! Welcome! Wow...looks like you've got a lot of 'stuff' on your shoulders...but you are WOMAN! That means you can do anything! I don't think the elliptical that I use measures miles..maybe it does. I usually measure my strides, or rotations...I'm back up to 40 minutes...I used to go about 5 times a week for 60 minutes, but I'll get there again in a couple of weeks! Now I'm just at 40 minutes and about 5500 rotations. Twice I got up to over 10000 rotations...it was a great accomplishment for me and I can't wait to do it again!

Where is everyone else today? Well, I'm sure you have better things to do than post here on a Friday evening!!!

I'm goint to *attempt* to post a pic of myself! I hope it works!

Girlie
Old 03-30-2001, 05:57 PM   #12  
Bacon Girlie

Default Here goes...

I don't know how to post a pic! But you can check out this link! I hope it works!

http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/Boo...omer/nomer.jpg
Old 03-30-2001, 06:44 PM   #13  
On my way!!

Default Hello all you movers and shakers!!

Well, I went to the gym this morning and did my whole personal trainer routine! Hooray! I feel a little sore all over, so I'm guessing it is a good all-over body workout!

I have actually felt a little down today. :-( I feel like I'm eating right, exercising, doing all the right things,etc. Sometimes I just doubt myself I guess...anyone know what I mean?? I'm sure it's just a phase...I must admit after readin all of these energized, positive posts I feel a little better!!

Girlie: Thanks! I lost my weight on WW points and have kept it mostly off for almost two years now. I love points! It's sooo easy and it really really works. I'm not into going to the meetings, but I weigh myself every Sunday morning and keep a food journal and use the supplies I got when I joined the first time. I wish I never stopped! But I'm definately on the right track again! I tried to see your picture but I couldn't get it to work :-( There is one of me and my sweetie at www.theknot.com (I'm quite excited about the upcoming wedding!!) Just scroll down to "find couple's web page" and enter "L Knox" --groom--. That's us on vacation last September. Keep trying to get one up of you! That would be cool!

Philly: Welcome! Maybe try shaking up our routine alittle with something new? Try the treadmill or rower or stair climber perhaps? They say sometimes you just need a change to kick start things a bit!

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's passing. That must have been devastating to you and your children. It does sound like you are picking up the pieces and going strong. You can do it!!!

Emmy: Way to go!!! Try this...find something in your house that weighs 3lbs (like potatoes or something) and pick it up...you'll be surprised how much weight you've just melted off your bod! Congrats!

Deb: I'm with Girlie...5/6!?!?! That is so teeny! Iwent from a 14 up to a 18/20 back down to a 12. I'll flip if I can get down to a 10 or 8!!! That would be so great!

Rose: Busy is good! At least it means your active, right?! Check in when you can, we'll be here for you when you return...

Well, I'm gonna go relax a bit now that I'm done with work for the weekend! TGIF!! Hope you all have a great weekend and you keep positive and keep moving!!

Best wishes and warm fuzzy thoughts!
womaninlove
Old 03-30-2001, 06:55 PM   #14  

Default Leslie Sansone

JUST REALIZED I POSTED THIS ON AN OLD THREAD SO HERE I GO ONCE AGAIN.

Hi everyone....I am friends with Debbie and she told me about this exercise board. I would like to join. I am also on WW and have lost 32 since June 2nd of last year. I do exercise pretty regularly each week. I love walking....but have fallen in love with the 2 mile walk by Leslie Sansone (thanks debbie). Some days I do it twice because it is such a good workout. I usually get in 5 days of exercise each week. I alternate walking for 30 min. outside, with her tape. I haven't started any strength training but would like to eventually do that. I have been exercising for years off and on....and have stuck with this since rejoining WW last June. I am addicted to it...I just don't feel right with out getting it in each week. I am going to try my best to pop in here for some extra motivation..AND TO ALSO LEND SOME TO WHOEVER MIGHT NEED IT.

Denise
Old 03-30-2001, 07:28 PM   #15  

First of all I'd like to Welcome Phillym and Denise (hey girl about time you found your way over here ...LOL)!! It's great to have you here. The more the merrier

Phillym-- I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. You seem to be really focused and moving in the right direction. We are here to support you every step of the way.

Girlie-- Don't worry about your visit with your Mom & the weight issue. You are doing this for YOURSELF first & foremost. It doesn't matter how long it takes as long as your are eating healthy & taking care of yourself. In due time it will come off & you'll be in those 10/12's I am really short..I mean really short..LOL.. 4'9" so in a 5/6 I am thin but not scrawny looking. Oh, I look forward to the day I can get back in them

womaninlove-- I can understand how you are feeling. The last 2weeks I have lost but for the 2mos prior to that my weight loss was at a standstill and I was feeling like I was never going to lose anymore. I just stuck with it & finally the scale is starting to move down slowly. Just hang in there & keep doing everything you are doing. We are here to cheer you on

Denise-- hey woman!! Good to see you here. These are a great bunch of ladies & very motivating. They got me to do my tape yesterday along with your encouragement. Everyone was doing so well, I couldn't just sit around Everyone, Denise is soooo good with getting her exercise done. If you ever feel like you don't want to, she will talk you into doing it...LOL..

I have been doing really good with my walking so far today. I already have 3.09 miles/9,209 steps. Not bad considering I haven't done my tape yet. I will do it (I promise Denise..LOL)....

Everyone is doing so great today....keep it up girls....

Talk to you all later...
See ya!
Debbie
Closed Thread