Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-25-2004, 10:18 PM   #91  
KAR

Congrats Bandit on your weight loss! I went to and had my second weight in and measurement done tonight. I have lost another two pounds. So that makes it a total of 4 pounds since I joined at the end of Dec. Plus I lost 1/4 of inch in each arm. I stayed the same in everything else though. I just don't know why that is though? Does anyone have any suggestions for this? Or how to break out that slump?
SO how is everyone doing this week? I am great. I have to Curves two times this week so far. I am planning to go either once or twice more. I guess I just need to see what the rest of my week looks like. Well I need to go and get some work done before I go to bed. Talk to you all later.
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 02:04 PM   #92  

Angry 1st weigh and measure at Curves

I joined Curves a month ago and was weighed and measured today. Lost 12 lbs and inches at bust, thigh, waist. I was thrilled. I go 3 to 4 times a week. I had jeans laying on closet floor with the tags still on them. Today they fit. Curves is the place for me. Its fast, convenient.
busdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 10:32 PM   #93  
KAR

Welcome and Congrats Ruth! That is great news. I try to go three to four times a week. I usually only make it 3 times. Unless it is a very stressful week and then I will go 4 times. That is what I ended up doing last week. I knew if I didn't I would be mean and then drown my sorrows with sweets and junk food. Not a good thing to do.
I cleaned out my closet and drawers last night of some of my old clothes. They are way to big on me now. So I am going to have a yard sale this spring or summer. What ever money I get, I plan to use to buy new smaller, skinner clothes. I even got rid of my winter sweaters and sweatshirts, because I don't plan on being that size next winter. If I don't have it then I wouldn't have to think that I still need to fit into it. Plus this will give me an excuse to go shopping for new clothes. LOL. I hope everyone is enjoying the nice spring like weather we had this weekend. I hope it stays like this until Spring is offically here. It was nice to walk to church this morning and hear the birds singing. I hope everyone is doing fine. Enjoy your workouts this week at Curves.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:57 AM   #94  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry

Good Morning Curver's

"WELCOME to our thread RUTH!
You have done a wonderful job and are very inspiring!!!!
Thank-you so much for sharing!!!

Well, I got my exercise & 64oz of water (sometimes more) in the last few days. Joe has been off work and so I wasn't able to get to my Curves (we begin our days together way too early & I don't do Curves at night). So here was my schedule last week:

Thursday: Elliptical - 4.6mi in 30 min
Friday: Elliptical - 4.5mi in 31min
Saturday: Elliptical - 4.4mi in 30min
Sunday: Rested
TODAY: 4.5mi in 31min so proud of myself in that I have been consistent - which is something I really do need to work on and have been trying so hard.

Tomorrow is my Curves Workout Morning & now that Joe is back to work I am back on schedule

I have also been following the Michael Thurmond's food & exercise program (he's the trainer from the extreme makeover shows) and never felt better! I eat every 2- 3 hours. Schedule is: 6:30 / 8:30 / 10:00 / Noon / 3:00 / 6:00 / 7:00 - fresh fruit for dessert.
His site: http://www.sixweekbody.com/6wk_main....05257312281367

Our weather has been such a boost for the emotions!!! It has been wonderful to see the sunshine and feel the temps of 61* yesterday! Today... rain, but at least it's not snowing

You all have a wonderful OP day!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 03:02 PM   #95  
~ Berry Happy ~

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I had such a great time while my sister, her husband, and my niece were in. We did a lot of shopping, and spending time together. It was really nice.

My niece Haley is getting SO big! She is 2 1/2 years old, and you would think she is much older. She talks most of the time using complete sentances, and she really seems to understand a lot that is going on. She is at such a fun age right now.

I got some more good news last night. My mother's boyfriend asked her to marry him last night! He called me last night to let me know that he popped the question, and she said yes. I am really happy for them both.

Yesterday afternoon I got some walking in. It was REALLY beautiful outside. Mid 50's is quite comfortable to me. Today I didn't get to go out and walk because it is kinda rainy. Blah...don't like rainy days...lol. (That's why I want to get the WATP tapes)

I've been trying to exercise everyday, trying to get back in the swing of things. Still haven't actually gone on an "eating plan" as of yet. That is soon to come though. My sister thinks I should do the Atkins thing, but I really think I'm just going to start reducing my Fat and Calories again - with the help of www.fitday.com - Fitday really helped me stay on track before, so since I know how to use it, I think I will keep using it.

SunnyD57 - That Michael Thurmonds program sounds good. I remember reading once that it is best to eat every 2 - 3 hours because it keeps your blood sugar normal. I - for some reason have never been able to stick to the every 2 - 3 hour plan. I always do the three times a day thing. I really need to try eating every 2 - 3 hours though, because I can get kinda crabby if I don't eat for over an extended period of time lol

Well - guess I'd better get going. I have to leave for work in about 45 min. I hope everyone has an OP day! Keep on Curvin!

~ Kari ~

kari_berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 04:43 PM   #96  

Hi: Thanks for the nice welcome. Went by my son & dil over the weekend. Usually when there I eat everything but the furniture. This weekend I was so good it was scary. Stayed op the whole time and kept chuckling to myself how good it felt to get into those 2 pair of jeans that didn't fit before. As a matter of fact, the 1 pair is almost too big. I'm going to Curves after 4pm today when it opens again. Its closed from 1-4pm every day. I weigh myself on Wed. on their scale. I'm doing the South Beach diet along with Curves. Slowing starting phase 2 today. I'll keep you posted as to my visits to curves.
busdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:04 AM   #97  

Angry

Good Morning fellow Curver's...

I got home from my Curves class about an hour ago --- boy, does it ever feel good after I go and workout! I feel so tired till I get started. I went a full 3x around & got in my stretching - aprox 45 minutes all together. I also got in my 64oz of water and then some yesterday. Love that mug KAR! That was a real problem area for me, I really have to work at it (part of my being consistent), so far so good.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hi RUTH,
So happy for you!!! Staying OP when you have company or go out is very difficult --- you did well!!!!
Keep up the wonderful work.

Hi KARI,
So good to hear that you had such a wonderful time with your family
Did allot of shopping, eh? What did you bring home?

Congrats to your Mom & her, now, faience (sp?) --- yeah! She must be so happy. Have they set a date?
I take it that you like the man too?

So happy that you got out for a walk the other day - it's raining here also... so I still workout on my elliptical when I am not at Curves. Soon... I will be going for morning walks again! Cannot wait!!! I love going very early before the birds begin to sing (around 5/5:30am) and as I am walking I can hear the birds begin to wake with song - so beautiful! And even more so when we get a sunrise too.

Yes, Michael Thurmond is really a neat guy & he has a great program, knows what he is talking about - you can see he really cares on the show "Extreme Makeover" (on Thursday evenings) for the people.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well guys... I must be going and getting my day started.

God's Blessings with

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 03-03-2004, 09:46 AM   #98  

Angry

Good Morning Ladies!
I went to Curves again this morning as planned.
Got in my 40/45minutes there (3x around)
and then another 15 minutes of chat time
And I drank all my water yesterday (64oz + ) too.

How are you ladies all doing??
Rather quiet here lately
Are you all still Curving?
Sure would love to hear from you :

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 03-03-2004, 01:16 PM   #99  
~ Berry Happy ~

Good Afternoon Ladies... Hope everyone is having a great day so far!

busdriver - Way to go with staying OP at your Son & DIL house! Sometimes it's so hard not to try and sneak in a few extras while you're out, but you stuck on plan, and did great! Keep up the great work! I'm glad that you like Curves! It's so much fun...isn't it??

SunnyD57 - Yes, I did do a lot of shopping while my sister was here. I actually didn't buy much though (which is a shock to even me!) lol. We went to this shopping center called 'Gibraltar Trade Center' and they sell EVERYTHING you can think of. I bought this perfume called "Perceive" and I LOVE it. My mom bought it else where for $29.99 and I got it for $12.99 I also bought a webcam so when my sister and I are "chatting" on MSN messenger, we can see each other.

And yes...I do like my mom's fiance' He's an okay guy...lol I'm happy as long as she is happy. No set date yet. I want to ask her...but I think I'll give it a few weeks. They probably haven't had much time to think of a date yet. They are in the process of buying a house together, so they've been pretty busy. She did say though, that they might want to get married at the house they are going to buy. It is on quite a bit of land, and would make a nice setting for an outdoor ceremony. We'll see though.

SunnyD57, it sounds like you have really been sticking to plan, and exercising about everyday. Way to go! This may sound kinda funny, but I've heard many people say they have an elliptical - what exactly is an ellipitcal? I'd imagine some kind of exercise equipment, but what does it do? Just curios

So today, I had "kind of" a bad experience that really MADE me want to lose weight. I went to the bank to make my car payment, and when I came out, a lady was getting out of her car to enter the bank. She had parked right next to me. In her car were three guys, two teenagers, and one about my age (21 -22). They had their windows halfway down, and started saying things to each other about me, and laughing. They kept saying "Look at her...Look at her...That's your girl!" and they kept laughing. When I got in my car, they kept honking the horn on the car, trying to get my attention, and they kept on laughing. I know it was because of my weight. They certainly were not doing it because they liked me.

At first I was a little upset about it. It kinda hurt my feelings, because I kept thinking, "What exactly were they thinking?" Then I thought...they wouldn't do this to me if I would just lose the weight. I went from feeling like nothing...zip...zero...zilch...to having a lot of confidence, and knew I needed to do something about this.

I know I've been saying that I was going to get back on track, start a new eating plan...but I didn't. So I figured today is the day! I went home, and decided to start using www.fitday.com again and eating healthy!

I came home, and had two hard boiled eggs, a slice of toast, and an apple for breakfast.

Then I pulled out the exercise bike that's been sitting in the spare room, holding clothes, and rode the bike for 15 minutes. I wanted to do 30 minutes, but by fifteen I was REALLY tired. I figure I need to work my way up. So tomorrow I will try to go a little longer.

So for lunch, I am having a chicken breast sandwhich, with one slice of cheese (I'll have to remember to buy the lower fat one), and a half a tablespoon of Miracle Whip. Dinner is undecided yet since I get home so late.

Now I need to focus....stay on track...and OP. I am doing this for me.

Well - guess I'd better go...time to get ready for work!

Talk with you all later!

~ Kari ~

kari_berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 03:13 PM   #100  

Unhappy

Hi KARI,

I am so very sorry that you had to go through that today Bummer!
Some people are just plain cruel - it hurts! Especially when it's your own peers.

I am glad to hear that you feel a little better after that, but hope that you want to lose weight more for yourself then for strangers. I think you will be successful in keeping it off, if you did. I know that's what I am trying to do - again. It's sure not easy, but it can be done. Anything worthwhile takes work. In the 1980's I lost 95lbs (went from 230lbs to 135lbs) and kept it off for over 7/8 years. It was when some tragic events happened in my life that I went back into old habits to help fix the pain (and it didn't! All it did was help me lose myself again). Now I feel like I am "back on track" and I think well of myself each day. I am doing this for "me" because I want to feel great & look great & be healthy when I look at myself in the mirror and begin each day (when I feel good about myself I am a kinder person toward others). And so should you... be kind to you. You are so sweet and special, don't let 'strangers' try to tell you differently or humiliate you into feeling any different. You will get back on track - you have done it once and will do it again... you'll see. Be as kind to yourself as you would your best friend - YOU are your own "best friend" (((Hugs)))

As for the Elliptical, here's the one I have:
http://www.youcansave.com/orb.asp
It's like a cross country skiing machine.

Not anything special, but I have a small home and limited space, not to mention limited $$, so it works for me I have been working out each day for at least 30min (except Sunday's - need a day to rest) and drinking the water I should. I began on Feb 25th and have been faithful to myself each day since. It really helps just to come and post it too. I am not much on keeping a journal, but don't mind just a quick post here of my success.

Okay... I am getting down off my soapbox now
You Take Good Care of Yourself my friend.
You will do well and you will succeed! For YOU!
Loves & Hugs,
D.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 03-04-2004, 10:57 AM   #101  

Angry

Good Morning Everyone!

I sure do hope that it is SO VERY QUIET here because you all are going to Curves

I just finished my workout for today:
Today is Elliptical Day ~
I went for 35min. (I did a 5 min. jump, so now I will go 35min instead of 30min) & 5.40miles.
I wonder what I will be able to do when I begin my walks outside I am hoping to walk to my Curves over the summer (it's a bit over 2miles in all).
*~*
I feel GREAT today! I get so very tired at night and was "in bed" by 9:00 last night. Dragggggging myself around to finish up with clean ups and feeding the boys before bed. It was all I had to get it all done. But I feel wonderful today

Sure do hope that you all are having WONDERFUL OP days!!!!
God Bless!
D.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 03-04-2004, 10:35 PM   #102  
KAR

Hi everyone! Sorry have not been posting as much lately. I have been very busy with work. I had a deadline to meet by today and was busy getting that project done. I got it done a day early. I was proud of myself. I rewarded myself by going to Curves to workout. My Curves is doing the Food for Friends drive. They are running a contest for the month for a free tshirt. You have to sign up, bring in a bag of groceries, workout 3 times a week and lose 5 pounds or 5 inches for the month of March. I signed up for it. I thought that was a great motivator to lose 5 pounds this month. Is anyone's Curves doing something like that? Well I am tired so I am going to get some rest. I am hoping to squeeze in two more workouts this week. I went on Monday and Wednesday nights. Monday seemed to drag because they played some very slow music over and over that night. I didn't sweat much that night. last night that had a much faster paced cd in. So I really worked up a good sweat!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:06 AM   #103  

Angry

A very Good Morning Everyone!

I just got back from my workout at Curves - whew... nice workout! I always feel so tired before going and just "DO IT" anyway and then feel GREAT when I finish! I think I have gotten over that hump this past Wednesday. I felt like I was going no where with all the work I have done and this morning after seeing that my bodyfat went from 47% to 44% in just 10 days (!!!) I was elated!! I go for my official weight and measure on the 16th at Curves. So after I get it done - I will check in and let you know the results.

*~*~*

Hi KAR73!
So good to see someone check in
WoW... you are doing a great job getting to your Curves in spite of your business! Keep up the wonderful work! YES! We are running the same contest at our Curves too. I haven't signed up for it yet - ours begins on the 8th of March. Good to see you!

*~*~*

Well, I must be going... have allot of paperwork to get done with getting our taxes done. We usually have it all done and mailed by now - we are much later then normal. Hoping to get it in the mail by Monday.
It's all spent anyway --- we need a new driveway

Have a WONDERFUL Day / Weekend Everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 03-08-2004, 09:22 AM   #104  

Angry

Good Morning!

I guess I am here all alone right now... that's okay, I'll use it to keep myself "on track" When you guys are ready to post again, I'll be here

I did my workout this morning:
ELLIPTICAL ~ 35minutes & 5.35miles.

I did not get in all my water yesterday (first time since I began 13 days ago) & went to a birthday party for my nephew last night. I did have a very small piece of cake with 2 small scoops of ice cream, but I did not like how I felt this morning at all. I felt all achy and I KNOW it was from the sugar! I haven't had any in 12 days till last night. I am going to remember how I felt this morning at my next birthday party on the 20th and just steer clear of the table & or kitchen while they are serving. I like feeling good much more

I do hope that this post finds you all doing well and OP.

Thinking of you all!!! RUTH, ALISON, MAGNOLIA, KAR73, CEZANNE, ESSIE, BANDIT2, WRYLY, TINA, MARIE, AIMEEJANE, and last, but never least KARI (I hope I didn't hurt your feelings - I was only trying to help. I am so very sorry if I did!)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 03-09-2004, 09:24 AM   #105  

Angry

Good Morning

Hope that this post finds everyone doing well.
Sure is getting lonely here these days
Is it my deoderant (lack of it!) ???

I just got home from going to Curves:
Got in my 40minutes of workout and 10minutes of stretching time.
I always feel so much better after going - so glad I MAKE myself go!
Next Tuesday is my Weight & Measure day... I am very nervous about it.
I sure do hope I see some results.

We woke up to some snow the day before yesterday
and it snowed all through the day. But today we have beautiful SUNSHINE! So good to see!
We got just enough snow to cover all the ugly mudd we have.

Have A Beautiful Day!