Elliptical users - Tell me what you think???

• Hi, have not been around much, but am gearing up for next summer

O.K. Just purchased an Elliptical machine, we are still putting it together

Please, those who know, give me your opinion of this equipment. Did I make the right choice????

Thanks
    Vicki
  • I use one every day at the Y and I really like it. It's definitely more of a work out than I get on the treadmill, and I can adjust the tension to get a more intense, or a lighter, workout.

Personally, I think it's a good workout and a good choice.
  • I agree w/mthrgoose... it is my favorite machine when I go to the gym.... (which by the way has been awhile!)

And I also think that it's easier on the knee's which makes it nicer if you want a more intense workout w/out putting so much pressure on your knee's. At least for me I found this to be true.

Good choice!
  • Elliptical Trainers....
    I don't have one but my older daughter does and she loves it!!! She said that she had to start out very slowly for just a few minutes and gradually work up to a "real" work-out.

I hope you enjoy your new toy!!!
  • I think you made the right choice. I belong to a gym and use the elipitical trainer and the treadmill. The elipitical gives me more of a work out, and I can burn twice as many calories than the treadmill, although I've heard that the elipitical may not burn as many calories as it says it does.

If I were to purchase one piece of equipment, the elipitical would be it. I could put it in my bedroom, on the upper level, and not worry about the pounding on the floor. Takes up less room too.
  • I absolutely love it!!! It gives me an awesome workout!