Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 06:33 PM   #76  

hello everyone..

Well, where to start??? I went back to curves today. I havent been in sooo long. When I got there and got started I could have kicked myself for being so lazy for so long. Atleast I went today. Tomorrow is a state employee holiday so it will be a challange to go work out. I know I will want to watch talk shows all day.

My Lexapro seems to be doing ok. I havent had many of the side effects.. I asked my husband if he thought it was working... I told him that I made it all weekend with out crying and he agreed. So I guess that is a good sign.

My kitty cat is doing so good. She is becoming your regular pig. She is eating like crazy and tries to run. Sometimes she forgets that leg doesnt go as fast as the other 3 and stumbles but atleast she trying.

Kari- Your car is very pretty. Im glad you found something that you like. Insurance is really crazy. We have Geico. You may want to give them a call just for a quote. I hope you find a way to keep going to curves. Oh yeah... 1 more thing.... I looked at you web site and you are really pretty... Keep up the good work.

Ok. enough jibber jabber...gotta go find out whats for dinner. I always forget to thaw something.

talk to yall later..
Old 11-10-2003, 07:46 PM   #77  

Kari...I am still amazed about the insurance. Maybe it is different in Texas or something. I dont know if this will work for you but our daughter is 22 and is buying a lincoln l/s and we have her hooked onto our insurance with full coverage for her car but it is under her name and she pays about $95 a month. Of course we have been with the same insurance for about 25 years and they tend to work with us pretty well. It just makes me sick when insurance tries to take advantage of young ppl especially with your good driving record. Sometimes they have you where they want you and there is nothing you can do. Hope it all works out...
Old 11-10-2003, 07:47 PM   #78  

oh and cassandra...I have been married for 25 years and still forget to thaw something for supper...hmmm... but mine could be from old age lol
Old 11-10-2003, 11:44 PM   #79  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I only got to Curves once last week because I spent the rest of the week down with a nasty cold. But I stuck to the diet plan the whole time, and I lost 7 lbs! I was up 4.5, so that is taken care of, plus another 2.5. I was so thrilled! It felt really good to be back and working out. A little too good, I guess, because I had to keep slowing down because my heart rate was too high. Oops?

Kari, I'm agreeing with everyone else. That sounds like an insane price for insurance if you have a good record and have been insured all along. One thing I learned early on about insurance companies is that some start out lower and the rate stays the same forever. Others drop in increments the longer you stay with them. It might be another question you want to ask while shopping around? I've never, ever been asked if I had health insurance. I wonder where that figures in?! Sounds like you did get a great car payment, though, and the car is really cute

Cassandra, sounds like things are all heading the right direction for you. I'm so glad your kitty is doing well. Even happier to hear the meds are doing their job.

April and Angel both, I'm glad to hear your fathers are doing better.

Where's Sunny?

I'm still playing household catchup (dishes, laundry, etc.) because I was down so much last week. Got to go get back to it now. I've been reading and posting for too long!

Andria
Old 11-11-2003, 11:56 AM   #80  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry

Morning everyone Whew, I agree with CASSANDRA - where to begin I know, I will start with welcoming our newest person...

"WELCOME CATSPLAY!" It's always wonderful to see a new someone join us and hope that you continue to come back and post... keeping us up-to-date on your journey.

Me, my weekend was just plain busy and yesterday I spent the last day reviewing my diet and re-reading the South Beach Book. I have gone off-track and have been feeling like my energy has left me. So Yesterday & this morning I have taken the time to prepare my day of meals. I did not go to Curves yesterday and won't be going today... but I WILL be going Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to make up for it. It is too hard for me to work-out when I begin (just cannot do both on the first day). So I ask for your prayers & support that I will be able to do all I have intended to do. You all have so inspired me...

I am beginning again (!) on the
South Beach diet...

Breakfast:
A glass of water
Cup of coffee - 1/2 decaf & 1/2 reg with non dairy creamer & Splenda
2- Vegetable Quiche Cups (made in muffin tin... 3/4 cup Egg Sub.-Spinach-Red pepper-Onion-bit of Ham-Lite Cheese & Seasoning) Baked at 350* for 20 min.

Snack:
2-Deviled eggs
Water & Herb Tea

Lunch:
Grilled Chicken Breast sliced on a bed of Romaine with Balsamic Dressing
Water

Snack:
Celery stuffed with Lite Cream Cheese
Water & Herb Tea (the tea seems to keep my tummy quiet)

Dinner:
Grilled Salmone with Rosemary
Steamed Veggies
Tossed Salad (Greens, Seedless cuke, Red Pepper & lite Cheese)
Water

Dessert:
Maple Flavored Ricotta Dessert (I usually mix the whole 15oz container of Part Skim Ricotta -makes 4 dessert cups- w/ 2 packets of Splenda, 1 tsp of Maple flavoring - that's it... yummy!) Serving size 1/2 Cup.
Water

Herb Tea before bed

PS> I also take two fiber tablets a day.

I am sorry I am not able to post individually as usual, I have been sitting here for so long to try to catch up with all the thread I belong to and it's very hard on the back

Warm "Hello's" to KARI (Love your new car! Fits you ), BEV (Where have you been?), APRIL & MIA (So happy your father's are doing well and getting better with each day), ANDRIA (I'm here ~ Aren't you sweet...), ROSIEE (So good to see you posting, does that mean you a feeling better now? I hope so.), CASSANDRA ( So happy to hear that Squirt is doing well and that you are going back to Curves again ), DARCY (Where are you sweetie?), PRECIOUS, LYNDA, GAYLE, FERN, SHERI, REVELY, VOW, TINA & LYNNE (Hope you all come back ad touch base with us on how you all are doing... Miss you!)

God Bless You ~ALL~ Always!

Last edited by SunnyD57; 11-11-2003 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:00 PM   #81  

Angry

Here is a link to a couple of pictures I took on Sunday I posted them once and you cannot post again - so I just thought if you like to see... Ta!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=&pagenumber=2
Old 11-11-2003, 07:33 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 270/229/150

Height: 5'7"

just wanted to briefly come online and day hello. have been super busy, but I just wanted to touch base. Hope everyone is doing well.

Mia
Old 11-12-2003, 12:10 AM   #83  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Sunny, you are off to a great start on SBD, from the looks of it! I borrowed one of their recipes, the Lemon Peel Ricotta Cream for a treat the other night. It was really yummy. The pictures of your guys were absolutely adorable. I even made my DH come in and see the pic of Domino and his heart.

Mia, glad to hear from you, no matter how brief.

I got in my second day of Curves for the week. Trying to decide if I should take off tomorrow. I think I'll try to hit it in the evening on my way home from work.

Did everyone's owners go to the convention thing in Las Vegas last week? Mine did, and she picked up a lot of great tips. We were already thinking about doing a fashion show in the spring, but they did one there, and she said it was incredibly motivational. All the women came out while they showed a before picture of them up on the screen. They told how many inches they had lost, what size they were and what size they are now. Judy loved it so much she has 2 other Curves getting together to plan the show now. It should be a blast!

They also posted up new pics of our own Curves success stories. One woman I used to work out with all the time in the mornings (can't with my new job schedule) has now lost 67 inches, 53 lbs., 39 of which is body fat. WOW! I was so happy for her! Now I'm trying to get up the guts to do my own before picture after seeing hers and Kari's.

Time to get myself off to bed. Still feel like I'm running days behind in the house and work, but I should be back on top of it soon. Wish me luck!

Andria
Old 11-12-2003, 08:15 AM   #84  

I am pretty bummed right now. I have worked out for 7 weeks straight now and never gotten measured because I was waiting for my hypnosis weeks to be up. When I went in this morning to get measured they lost my first set of measurements from 7 weeks ago!! I guess it got lost in the shuffle when they transfered my measurements. The girl wrote it on a sticky note instead of in the book because she wanted my old Curves gym to send my sheet, even though I told her that I didn't have one there. I am so bummed! I have waited for 7 weeks to weigh and measure myself and now all I know is I lost 9 pounds but don't know anything about my inches!! 7 weeks is such a long time to wait!!

Ok - - sorry for not getting back with anyone but I need some pity right now. (Plus if I don't get into the shower and get to work I am going to miss my first appt - will write to you all tonight!)
Old 11-12-2003, 09:16 AM   #85  

Question

Awwweeee APRIL... That would have bummed me out too!!! I am sorry. Did you happen to post it on any of the Curves threads??? Maybe you could go back and look it up. Maybe this would be a good thing to chart on here - learning from THEIR mistakes.

How about we chart our measurements when we get weighed and measured from here on in?!? That way if it gets lost like what happened to you - you can recover it? What do you ~ALL~ think?

But losing 9#'s girl! that's nothing to be bummed about! Try real hard to keep your chin up and stay on that OP side... you are doing so well and have given me the incentive to keep on truckin' (((Hugs)))

Morning ANDRIA ~ No... my owner, Sue, did not go to the convention, but knew about it when I mentiond it to her. I bet it was neat to hear all the OP stories!

Go - go - go to your Curves class - no thinking about it I know when I do that I talk myself out of it... like the Nyke commercial: "Just Do It" Let me know if you did You'll feel better for it. Take Care of yourself!

MIA ~ Always good to see you even if it's brief

I did well today... got in my Curves class as I said I would even though Joe is home today (it's hard to follow my routine when the hubby is home, but I did it ) They do Wacky Wednesday's and go in reverse and usually at one of the recovery stations have a game... like last week it was basketball at a recovery station & this week it was hop-scotch... fun. You get to put your name into a drawing for a gift. I will go tomorrow too to make up for not going on Monday. I stuck to my diet yesterday and will try real hard to today.

Gotta go - hubby is waiting.
God Bless!

Have an OP day Ladies!!!

Last edited by SunnyD57; 11-12-2003 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:13 PM   #86  
~ Berry Happy ~

Hello all Haven't posted in a few days, because I've been out and about enjoying my new car

Things ended up working out pretty good for me. My mom put the car in her name, and she put the car in her insurance, and added me on as a driver, which brings my monthly insurance to $155 a month. I can live with that.

I was stressing pretty bad about the insurance before hand. I knew I could afford it - but it just was SO high.

Now that the papers are signed, and the car is actually mine, I feel better. It's nice being able to drive around, and not have to worry what part is going to fall off of your vehicle

I went to Curves yesterday, and worked my butt off. I know I gained weight. I can feel it. I just need to steer myself back on track. This morning, I ate

1 hard boiled egg
1 slice toast
1 banana (which I was craving, or else it would have been an apple) lol

Haven't decided on lunch or dinner. Guess I should start planning.

--------------------------------------------------------------

CassandraB - Glad that you got back to Curves, and that YOU are feeling better. I've been on antidepressants before, and indeed they do help. I had days where I would watch T.V. and cry for no reason. I was never like that before, but I would just start crying, and have to get up and go into the bathroom. It's good that you are not having any side effects of the meds. I was once on Paxil and had BAD side effects - to the point where I actually thought I was going crazy...not good. I was then switched to Celexa for quite some time, and it worked great for me. Everyone is different though. I am no longer on meds. Sure I get "down" at times, but I don't feel that I need them when I'm feeling a little sad. You can usually tell when depression is at it's worse, and that's when you know to get help. That's exactly what you did, and I commend you for seeking help. Some people are afraid, or ashamed to admit it, and never get the treatment that they need. Thankfully, you did. And getting through the weekend without crying...shows that it is already helping. (((hugs))) to you, and if you need anything, I am always here.

qsilver - sorry to hear about your week of sickness! Glad you are feeling better, and got back to Curves! 7 lbs down!!! How awesome! You are doing a great job!

SunnyD57 - the South Beach Diet doesn't sound bad at all. And the menu you have planned sounds yummy, (especially that Maple Flavored Ricotta Dessert...mmm.) I've gotten a ton of stuff in the mail about joining the south beach diet, I just cannot afford to join it...lol...so I've been *trying* to do my own thing. I don't think it's been working, because I haven't really been *on plan* lately. I need to *Focus Focus Focus* lol Also loved the pictures you posted of your Husband, and kitties! Your Husband looks like he is FREEZING lol. But your kitties look quite content! I want a kitty just like Domino! Love the little heart on his side!

aprilbride04 - I would be really bummed about Curves losing your first set of measurements. Not cool. But for every bad thing that happens, there is something good too! You lost 9 LBS!!! Way to go!

---------------------------------------------------------

Well - looks like I'd better get going. I have a little bit of running to do today, and because it is a beautiful sun shiny day, I'm going to wash my car, and make it shiny(er) lol.

Have a great day ladies!

~ Kari Berry ~
Old 11-12-2003, 09:45 PM   #87  

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone!!

I had some questions for you about curves and if you already answered them through this thread... I apologize... (I didn't read all the post!)

I just found out they have a Curves in the town I'm in, not that far from where I live. My questions are:

*What is curves all about?
**How much is a membership? (I know if must vary from place to place but a rough idea would help)
***And what types of workout machines do they have?
****Is it just weights or more of a cardio type thing?

I have a membership on hold in another town and was getting ready to restart it, until I saw the curves. I just wanted some input about the place. I've heard good stuff. But it sounds small. So I'm just curious.

I'd appreciate the information.
Thanks
Marti
Old 11-13-2003, 09:30 AM   #88  
~ Berry Happy ~

Hi Marti,
Curves is a great gym. I find that it gives me structure, because you know what you have to do, and when to do it. At a regular gym, I find it hard to decide *what* to do.

Basically, Curves is a gym based around "Circuit Training". All of the equiptment at Curves is set up in a circle. What you do is, start at a "Station" as it is called. You walk, march, run, or jog in place for 30 seconds. Then you switch to a machine. After 30 seconds on that machine, you switch to the next "station" where you walk, march, run, or jog again. Then the pattern continues.

Depending on the size, and number of stations, you will go around the circle 2 or 3 times to make an entire 30 minute workout.

Curves is not just weight training, or cardio. It is both. Your cardio is when you are walking, marching, running, or jogging on the stations. Your actual muscle work is when you are on the machines. The nice thing about curves is that you do not have to move ANY of their equiptment, or mess with heavy weights. Everything is "Hydraulic" meaning that there is water in parts of the equiptment, and that is what makes your muscles work. You are pulling against that force. And it's great, because if you are a begginer, you can just do it easily, until you get used to it, and then start working harder at it. The faster you work on the equiptment, the harder it gets.

I find at my curves, they set up the machines so you get an "even" workout for your body. They will rotate from your arms, then your legs, then your abs, ect... every Curves is set up different though. My Curves has A LOT of stuff, so we go around the circle 2 times which equal 30 minutes.

Plus I find I like Curves because I don't feel "rushed". You get 30 seconds on each machine, and you KNOW that when you are done, it is 30 minutes. No rushing to do all the the machines, and try to get out of the gym on time.

As far as pricing goes, you are right, each Curves varies.

Normally you have to pay a Start Up Fee ($175) BUT they USUALLY have it half price! (So definatly ask them!) Then you can decided to pay for an entire year upfront (and they will give you a discount - but not sure how much.)

Or you can pay $29 a month. The ONLY way to get it for $29 a month though is if you allow them to take it directly out of your checking account. This is a nice, easy, and affordable way to do it.

And the other way is just to pay month to month - which is $39. This is how I do it - makes it easier for me, even though I'm spending $10 more.

When I signed up I ended up spending around $114 for the first month (with start of fees) and then $39 a month there after.

For some reason, some people refuse to believe that a 30 minute workout at Curves can get someone in shape, but they are wrong! I have seen so many women have GREAT results. Including the women on this board! Not only does it helo change your body in a good way, it also helps your mind! Many of us here find that when we are having a bad day, we can go to Curves, and "Work Out" our bodies, and minds!

I hope I've covered "most" of what Curves is about. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!

Hope you find something that works good for you Marti!
Have a great day!

~ Kari Berry ~
Old 11-13-2003, 10:23 AM   #89  

Smile

WELCOME Marti!

Kari did a wonderful job explaining Curves - hope you will think about joining! I too really enjoy the workouts and "DO" feel a huge difference. Especially since I was doing 'nothing much' before!

Oh... there is one more thing about paying the entire year up-front that Kari mentioned - they don't usually offer that right out to you, you will have to ASK about it. Otherwise, she did an excellent job explaining it all to you

Don't forget to stop back and let us know what you decided to do, okay

KARI ~ So good to hear you so happy !!!! I am glad to hear that you got the insurance all figured out and got a great price abd will be able to stay with Curves!!!!! I think allot of your cost was the make of the car as well as everything else. I know that our Jeep is high to insure because it is a jeep!

As far as the SBD goes --- I don't pay anything??? I just bought the book and have been following it. That's all and I feel so good when I follow it!! Don't know why I choose to go off like I do- strange isn't it - human nature. So hard to understand sometimes... anyway, right now I am feeling wonderful and sticking to my exercise and food program.

Glad you enjoyed my pics - love my boys - all of them and yes (!) Joe was cold when he first laid down, he had been working outside raking leaves in the cold and came in to get warm so you were right.

PS>> I got the SBD book at Wal-Mart

Good Morning everyone!!!!!
Hope you are ~ALL~ have a OP day today!!!

So far so good for me - sticking to my SBD and feeling fine

God's Blessings!!!!
Old 11-13-2003, 12:19 PM   #90  
~ Berry Happy ~

Default SBD

SunnyD57 - Thanks for telling me where to get the SBD book! We have a wal-mart right down the street, so when I get some extra $$$ I'm going to stop off and buy it. I keep getting all of this "junk" in the mail about the SBD. It's a packet they keep sending me. (I'm not sure who "they" are...lol) But the packet is full of health reasons to follow the SBD and they are basically selling their "program". It comes with a book, and some other junk. I know it was stuff that I didn't need, and didn't need to pay for...lol. But now that I know I can just buy the book, that would work better for me.

Thanks again for the info!

~ Kari Berry ~
Closed Thread