Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 10:02 AM   #46  

Janine: How awesome you are looking. Here is a kind of cool idea for the pants that I saw on a diy show. They did a bridal gown, but if you would really like to have a before thing, you get a piece of acryllic, tack the pants up on the wall where you want to display them with whatever else you would like, ie notes on your progress whatever, then just screw the acryllic into the wall. You can actually make sort of a collage of weight loss stuff and maybe put it in a family room or your private room or office.

I did 2 miles in a very chilly Memphis this morning. It went from upper 80's 2 days ago and it was 45 this morning when I walked! BRRR! Hope that is not a sign of things to come. I know it is almost NOV but I am not ready for winter!

Take care and have a great day ladies!

Faye
Old 10-27-2003, 03:41 PM   #47  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies, Faye, Noelle, Janine, Jaime, Jenifer, and all you ladies MIA hope everyone is having a great day.

I got a 2 mile walk in this morning at the park, it was a little chilly, brrr. Once I got moving it was fine. I plan on doing another mile later and the exercise ball. That thing is so much fun.

Anyway, that's about all I have going for now. You ladies take care. TTFN
Old 10-28-2003, 12:41 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Wow wish I could say it was chilly here. I ended up going to the gym again for an hour. I did tredmill/weight. I feel sooo good! keep up the walking!
Old 10-28-2003, 02:59 AM   #49  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs down Not chilly here either

Hey ladies. Just updating my mileage for today. Got in the regular 3.5 miles . I think I'm overconditioned for my Bangkok trip. I'm used to going some distance at a moderate pace. I forgot that when we're in BKK the sidewalks or shopping areas are often so congested that it's stop and go navigating on foot. At least I can look forward to the wonderful foot massages--1 hr for $5 American

Wowza Janine! You look great! Isn't it an amazing feeling to know that you're not in that 18 anymore? You and I have a lot of similarities as far as our starting points. I'm only 5'3" and at my highest weight I wore an 18 and was fast approaching a 20 : last October. I'm now in some loose 16's and coming back down into 14s. The reason why I joined WW was because I was outgrowing my 14's which I fought so hard for. I had purged my closet of the 18's awhile back. Good job lady! I'm proud of you.

Cristi, you're doing great lady--don't put yourself down. We all started from somewhere larger than we are now. But we're all working it off!

Ooh Faye 45 degrees is a bit chilly. I love that type of weather but not if it was everyday. What type of exercises do you do indoors when it gets cold?

Jenifer~~ you go girl. I love that motivation you have. How much longer on your trial membership?

Old 10-28-2003, 03:41 PM   #50  
One day at a time

Hi Ladies

Today is WATP day, and stationary bike. I am also planning a mile on the treadmill. Getting a late start as I had errands this morning which took up half the day. I did get in another mile on the treadmill last night and some work with the exercise ball. That thing is fun but I never dreamed it would be as hard as it is, not the ball, but the exercises using it. It scares my doggy. He comes around to see what it is but when you start moving around on it he runs. silly dog.

Noelle, a hour foot massage?! Ahhhhh, one can only dream My hubby gives a good one but they are few and far in between, and defintiely not for an hour. But good none the less. WTG on your walk. I haven't been keeping track of mine until this week. I basically started over on Monday and am getting back in the swing of things.

Jenifer, WTG on your workout at the gym. And yes it does feel good when you work out!

Hi to the rest of you ladies-Janine, Jaime, Faye and all you other ladies who are MIA. Take care ladies and have a wonderful day.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:13 PM   #51  
Walkn my way to thinville

Hey all!!! Sorry to be MIA. I fell of the diet wagon today But Im doing better now and getting going again.

I bought a new WATP video (four miles) which is good because I dont think its going to quit raining. I sure hope it does before halloween because my munchkins will be awful upset to have to go trick or treating at the mall instead of the big houses that give GOOD candy......yikes I forgot about halloween candy!!! LOL. I think I will be ok.......lol.

Have a great night all.
Oh yeah I got a job!!! At Target doing overnight stock!! I will get a ton of exercise at work. Bets sititng on my butt all day.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:24 PM   #52  

Can anyone tell me if they have ever used the PowerBelt for their walks? I want to buy one but would like some feedback before I spend the money.

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2003, 10:05 PM   #53  

Hi ladies! Looking good! The weather here has been great! After work today I didn't feel like going to the gym. After 6 days I think I needed a rest. I feel like people at work are trying to sabotage me but other than that I'm doing okay. They bring in Starbucks and then Candy or Corn nuts. Uhghhhh! Stay away from me. I reall want to do good and want to see a loss this week! I drank so much water today I feel like I'm going to float away. Have a great week and I will be going to the gym tomorrow. I have to only go into work for 3 hours then DH is having that eye surgery....No more GLASSES! YA! See ya all later!
Old 10-29-2003, 01:12 AM   #54  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies. It's raining something awful here right now. It's a good thing I got my evening walk in before it started though. We could use the cooling down because it's been so muggy. I'm doing well on my mileage this month and should reach my 80 mile mark by the end of the month .

WooHoo Jenifer! I find that the more water I drink the more the lbs seem to float away. When's your next weigh in? Good luck to DH on his surgery!

Jaime, how long does it take to do the 4 mile tape? As long as you're moving all is not lost. Congrats on the job. I love Target, we don't have one here in Hawaii so whenever I'm on the mainland I look for one and have a blast. WalMart and Kmart get kinda old fast. We're supposed to have rain on Halloween night too. I don't know what we'll do if that happens, probably hit the mall like you. Let's hope for clear skies .

Cristi I've read on some other threads that using the exercise ball helps you tone your waist and abdomen area. Watch for them sexy curves ! Keep up the great work.

Aprilbride, I've not tried the powerbelt but I guess it's supposed to increase the calorie burn because it gives the resistance to your upper body as you swing your arms? For less of a sting on the pocketbook try looking on ebay, I've seen some starting @ $25 with a reserve price, or a buy it now price for around $60. Good luck on your search.

Hi to Janine and Faye. Hope your week is starting off well.

Old 10-30-2003, 01:46 AM   #55  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, I got my regular 3.5 miles in today.

Mileage update:
10/29/03 79.2

Had a little run in this evening with a slice of cinnamon loaf bread. I had enough points for it but I can't help but feel like I cheated a little. Oh well... I had to eat it because it was for a good cause--a fundraiser for my son's school . Tomorrow's another day. Have a good night all.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:18 PM   #56  

Hey Ladies! Been doing between 2-3 miles a day. The weather is just right though is going to warm up again for the next week or so, which means getting out early before it gets too hot.

Noelle: I have a glider and a resistance training band I use when I do inside exercise. I have a bad knee so I don't do much aerobic tape type stuff. Hopping up and down hurts too much, though walking I seem to be ok as long as I take it easy.

My new thing is to eradicate one area every month where I always eat and I shouldn't. For example, this month (actually NOV) I am not eating while reading or watching tv. I want to break that cycle of food being more important than the function, you know? It is hard to break habits like that, but I think it is important to do so, like why does everyone HAVE to eat at a movie? Or why do you always seem to have to eat when you meet friends somewhere? I have already conquered the eating in bed, eating in car things.

Cristi: I can just see me using one of the balls. I would get momentum and just roll right into the next room over and over!
My yorkie is not afraid of my glider, but whenever I get on it, he comes and sits in the front of it and watches it swing back and forth sort of being hypnotized!

JAIMEid you like your dad being in the Navy or not? My children hated it and that was all they knew up until he retired and he retired when my daughter was in jr high and my son was in high school. They never told me until they were adults that they hated it. I don't think we would do it over again for the long haul. It disrupts the family way too much. Divorce rates are astronomical in the Navy and I think it is mainly because women go into the marriage not knowing exactly what to expect. My dh sat me down before we married and was brutally honest with me about being gone etc. Have fun at your new job, but it is a killer on the knees! Years ago I worked the overnight shift for 7-11 and would have to do stock and I always hated putting the stuff on the bottom shelves because you had to bring all the old stuff forward etc so you were practically laying on your stomach!

Well I better scoot!

Faye
Old 10-30-2003, 10:48 PM   #57  

Hi ladies! Well two days of not going to the gym was okay until tonight! I was so pooped after 20 minutes. I didn't do too much though. DH can see with NO GLASSES! He is excited and I'm going to have to get use to it, 8 years of seeing him with glasses. Kind of weird! A new man......hahahaaa!
Jamie how do you like Target? Do you have to work nights? Just curious! Hope your back on track!
Faye sounds like your doing great! I love Yorkies! They're just so cute. Even though I have my big dog I would love to have a little one to take everywhere. Have you see Legally Blonde? I love that movie! Her dog goes everywhere she goes.
Noelle I agree about the water and I need to really get some more down before my weigh in on Saturday. I weigh in at 8 AM.

I found out today at work we're not allowed to dress up.......thought it was silly! What do you all think?

Take Care!
Old 10-31-2003, 02:25 AM   #58  
so close, yet so far...

Hey everyone. I think I can finalize my mileage today with another 3.5 miles. I won't be getting my regular walk in tomorrow, just taking my son trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. We carved the pumpkin tonight and had a lot of fun. I can't wait to have it out on the porch tomorrow night.

Jenifer I'm glad you got back to working out. Sometimes it's soooooo hard to get going after you take a few days off. Good for you. I WI @ 7:30 a.m. Saturday so I'll have my fingers crossed for you and you do the same for me . So glad to hear your DH's surgery went well. A new man huh? Imagine the possibilities! Was that Lasik? I'm interested in it but my Optometrist tells me my eyes aren't bad enough to have it done . In the meantime I'm continuing to read my novels in the near dark at night (just kidding).

Faye, I so know what you mean about the eating in front of the TV thing. Sometimes whatever it is I'm eating is gone in a flash and it seems like I didn't even taste it! Hey, my dad was a career Navy man, although he retired in '73 when I was just a year and a half. I was born in Little Rock, AR but we moved to HI when he retired. I didn't get to travel at all aside from the move here. My 6 sisters above me though, went from the west coast (CA and NV then HI) and all the way south to AR where I was born. The hardest part for them was that we weren't white or black. They (the southerners) categorized us as either Indian or Mexican, which we were neither. All I can say is, we all love living here in HI for it's diversity.

Jaime, Cristi and everyone else, hope you're having an awesome week. Happy Halloween to all.

Old 10-31-2003, 04:50 PM   #59  
One day at a time

Hi Ladies,

Awesome job Noelle on the miles walked! WOOHOO! Hey, I didn't know you were born in Little Rock! What a small world, I too was born in Little Rock, but lived most of my life in California. From the time I was born till I was 17 we were back and forth as my parents couldn't decide where they wanted to live, and we had family in CA. When we moved there at 17 I was there for 18 years, and I miss it! I miss not being able to go to the beach, and the food! But the traffic-UGH!

I haven't really been posting my miles on the site but I have been keeping track of my exercise. I feel off the wagon those three weeks so thought I would start posting them again for November. Didn't get a walk in today or yesterday. I have come down with a cold and my throat has been killing me. Feeling better today and tomorrow I will get a walk in for sure. It's a new month and day so I have to right?!

Jenifer, glad to hear you DH came out of surgery fine. I have heard nothing but good things about the lasik surgery but for me wearing glasses isn't that big a pain. Besides I am a chicken when it comes to the eyes. I had a growth cut off the inside of my eye a few years ago and that was the worst pain I have ever endured, even worse than having a baby-for me anyway. They had to give me a shot in the corner of my eye to numb it so they could cut it off and OMG! My eyes aren't so bad either, I can see without glasses but it bothers me to read without them. I was out and about and noticed a lot of people not dressing up. Yeah, what is up with that? I thought most companies let the employees dress up. It's always fun when they do.

Faye, those balls are harder than they look! It is hard to balance yourself on it, of course the dog wants to play and I don't know if he will bust it with his paws or not, they are not real long and the plastic is really thick but I don't want to take the chance. I would hate to have that thing pop in my face-OUCH! I bet your yorkie is so cute! I love yorkies and have always wanted one but didn't feel like paying more than $300 for one. My dog also comes and sits in front of the treadmill when ever someone is on it. I don't get it. It doesn't matter who it is he is in front of it, weird. I too am working at eating at the table. We are terrible about eating while we watch T.V. I don't eat when I read or am on the computer and I actually don't know when I started eating in front of the tv but I hate it. We always ate at the table and I had the tv off. Dinner time was our time to catch up with each other and talk about how everyones day went. Now we are lucky if we all sit down at the same time.

Janine, hope you are having a good day.

Jaime, hope you are having a good day also and enjoying your new job.

Aprilbride04, I have never used a powerbelt for my walks. The only thing that goes around me is my disc player.

Well, ladies I am outta here for now. Looking forward to a new day and start tomorrow. Take care and have a safe and fun Halloween!

Oh, anyone have any ideas for a new name for Novembers thread?
Old 11-01-2003, 12:08 PM   #60  
so close, yet so far...

Hey all! I'm heading off to my WI in a few short minutes. I'll let you know how I do when I get back . I'll be thinking of a new November thread name while I wait for my meeting to start (unless of course Faye beats me to it ).

Jenifer, how'd your WI go? Good news I bet, all those days of going to the gym :.

Cristi, hehe, it's a small world after all. We lived on Magnolia Street in Little Rock. That's about all I know. I would love to visit all the towns our family's lived in and see what it's like today.

Well ladies, hope you all have a great day and I'll check back later...please feel free to start a new thread or I'll do it when I get back.

Ciao!
Closed Thread