Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 10:53 AM   #61  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry TGIF

Good Morning everyone! Why are we so quiet here??? Is everyone still going to your workouts at Curves???!!!

KARI ~ You changed your picture again - I like that one, it's really neat looking, but why did you remove your picture??? You are adorable! Did you just feel like a change? Hope that's all it was... How are you feeling today?? Thinking of you.

I am doing better, but really feeling the bruising today --- all over (shoulders, arms, knee's as well as ankle)! I spoke to Sue (the owner at Curves) and I should be able to come back on Monday. I have to go get some high-top shoes OR wear extra supporting wraps on both ankles since they are weak... especially my right one. I fractured it in 1976 and have sprained it at least a dozen time since then (only the right one!) This one is pretty bad too. You cannot even see my ankle bones this morning & my toes are so swollen that they look like babies feet Gee... you think I'll make it through I am such a big baby when I get hurt

Thanks so much ANGEL You are sweet. I had a restless night too!!! I was up till 2am and then was up again with my hubby at 6am (awake @ 5:30, but didn't move till 6 ) I felt all the bruisiing in my body last night - nothing helped.

So glad you found your DBF's $-clip!!! I know what it's like when you lose something you really like. That happened to me once with my MGM watch I got at Epcot. I couldn't find it anywhere and then my hubby (years later mind you!) took our recliner chair apart to repair it and there it was!!! My watch!!! It was just so cool! And it still works... just too funny. I am happy for you both

Last edited by SunnyD57; 10-10-2003 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:02 AM   #62  

Wink

Hi APRIL ~ I think we posted at the same time I hope you feel better too! And I will hold you in my prayers that all goes well this evening and you don't feel too much pain or get sleepy. Watch the drinks if you take meds

God Bless you and thanx for your kind words --- it has been a rough month, hasn't it. But I am a survivor... aren't we all
Old 10-10-2003, 01:19 PM   #63  

well sunny I am now feeling your pain as last night we lost a very dear friend of ours. He was one of those older men that would give everything he owned to anyone that asked for it.. He was a very christian man and I know he is in safe arms now but still will miss him terribly. Just havent felt like doing curves now but will try to get back on monday.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:56 PM   #64  
~ Berry Happy ~

Default Hello...

Hello Ladies,

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far! It is pretty nice here in Michigan right now, not too hot, not too cold.

SunnyD57 - I sure hope your ankle is okay. Have you gone to a doctor to get that checked out? I know swelling is normal with a sprain, but that sounds pretty bad. My mother fell once, and hurt her ankle really bad. Come to find out she tore some tendons, or ligaments (not sure which ones) but the doctor told her that that is the worst type of injury to your foot because it takes so long to heal. He told her that she would have been better off breaking her ankle than what she had. Hopefully yours in nothing too serious and heals up in a jiffy so you can get back to Curves.

angel4real - I'm happy that you found your husbands money clip! I'll bet he was thrilled to get it back! I couldn't even tell you how many things I have misplaced, and found years later. Summer of 2002 I had gotten a new pair of prescription sunglasses. Paid A LOT of money for them, and LOST them. I could have SWORN I left them at a park, but THIS summer I found them buried in our closet!! I was so happy to have them. (Those cheap sunglasses just don't compare). lol.

Welcome back Cassondra! You definatly look as if you have lost some weight! Way to go! Hope you had a wonderful time at your husbands 10 year reunion.

So for me, everything has been going 'okay'. Nothing too exciting happening in my life right now. Just working, and curving. Though I didn't get to go to Curves today. I had plans to. As a matter of fact, I have my work out clothes in the car, but plans changed because I had made plans to go to my fathers house, and then go to Curves, but *somehow* I forgot that I had to pick my niece up from school! So after driving ALL the way to my dads, I sat there for 30 minutes, and then realized that my niece was getting out of school in a half an hour, so I had to RUSH to go pick her up. When the kids got out, DeAnna wasn't there, so I asked her teacher, and come to find out, her mother came and picked her up early this afternoon... The least she could have done was call me on my cell phone, and let me know, so I could have continued with my plans. I am pretty upset about it, because I change my schedule A LOT to help her out with DeAnna. Oh well...

Yes, I did change my picture next to my name. I just wanted something a little different than myself...lol. Actually - that picture was taken in July and I want to put something more current up. I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my digital camera so I can post a new picture. So hopefully soon, I'll be back up.

So right now, I am off to my mother's house. She is having a pretty bad day today, and needs someone to talk to, so we are going to head out to a restraunt so we can talk over a meal. I'm going to *try* and not eat anything too bad.

Talk with you all later,

~ Kari ~ - - - - - - > Super Woman!
Old 10-10-2003, 04:58 PM   #65  
~ Berry Happy ~

Default Rosiee...

Rosiee - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I will definatly say a prayer for you and your family tonight. Hang in there, and be strong.

~ Kari ~
Old 10-10-2003, 05:25 PM   #66  

Angry Hi

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...981#post467981
Hi KARI ~ Real good to see you... this will be very quick - the above link is to the Christian Encouragers #175 Thread - there is a picture there of my foot (scroll down or up a bit - you can't miss it), you'll see it is pretty bad. But I'll live. Thanks for your concern. I am using an air-cast and it really does help take some pressure off of it when I am on it. I will write more later - my hubby is home.

Awwwwe ROSIEE ~ My heart goes out to you {{{hugs}}} Loosing someone is so very painful, even though you know they are no longer in pain. My Prayers & thoughts are with you!
Old 10-10-2003, 05:40 PM   #67  

Thank all of you on the very sweet comments on my reunion pic. You all are great.

Oh my gosh, Sunny, I am so sorry about your foot. I saw your foot pic. You really need to stay off of it and relax all weekend! You make sure your make you hubby wait on you hand and foot!!!

Cassandra
Old 10-10-2003, 10:40 PM   #68  

thanks for all the prayers sunny and kari, and sunny your foot looks very painful. hopefully it will feel better soon.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:00 PM   #69  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone, well I have been away from the thread for awhile but i have been going to curves.

SunnyD- I am sorry about your ankle- i hope you feel better soon.

well it is time I hit the bed but i did want to say hi.

bev
Old 10-12-2003, 05:44 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 270/229/150

Height: 5'7"

Sunny D. I hope that your ankle is feeling better. I saw the pic and that looks like a nasty sprain. My daughter has been on crutches for the last week, and even missed school because it was just too painful for her to get around on the crutches. The crutches cut into her and bruised her under her arms, Pretty nasty also. I was really upset about her spraining her ankle. She did it at her fathers’ house and it happened because he is an irresponsible adult. She was sitting in his van with the back open. And he decided to move the car with her sitting in it, with her legs hanging out the back, well it apparently drug one of her legs and resulted in a sprain. He's so lucky it didn’t break. I think I would have killed him. I am so mad at him for being so irresponsible,. I was even madder because he took her home like that. He thought that she was over reacting. My mom took her to the emergency room after he dropped them off at home, and they x-rayed it and found that it was badly sprained. I felt so bad for her. She is now able to walk with out the crutches, but sill has pain. So I can just imagine what you are going through.

Roiee, I am so sorry for your loss. But at the same time I'm envious of him. He is now in the presence of the Lord. How much better could it get. He is definitely in a much better place, I only get sad when someone dies that doesn’t know the Lord, but when they know the Lord, then there is nothing to worry about because we know they are in the right place.

Kari, How frustrating. I would have been really P.Od if they would not have called me to tell me their was a change of plans. Especially if you had to move your schedule around because of it. I hope that everything with your mother was OK

OMG I didn’t realize it’s almost 2:45am, I better get to bed. I have a full day ahead of me. Hope everyone is doing well, and I will check back again soon.

Mia
Old 10-12-2003, 10:10 AM   #71  
~ Berry Happy ~

Default Beautiful day!

Today is such a beautiful fall day! The temperature has dropped a little, but it is really nice today. A very good walking day!

I hope everyone else is having a beautiful day too.

On Friday, my mother and I went out to eat at the Outback Steak House. She just needed someone to talk with because she is having a hard time at work. She works Security at a Steel Plant here in Detroit She has worked there for MANY years, and just recently was promoted to Superviser, because the previous guy in charge was a goof off. Now she over sees all of these other people, plus has to deal with all the other stuff that goes on at the office. Some of the people that she never had to deal with before are really pressing her buttons, and trying to see how much she can take. She wants to give up the position. But it's the pay that keeps her there. I just told her to stick it out for a while, and see if things get better. She is still learning the ropes of being in charge. Hopefully it will get better for her.

Yesterday, I had to work from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. - then I had to run over to my niece DeAnna's birthday party. We were there ALL NIGHT. I was absolutly horrible food wise. I had tortila chips with salsa, a hot dog, half a slice of pizza, some noodle salad, taco salad, a few margaritas, and CAKE. OUCH! I definatly could have done better, but I just wasn't thinking. Today I am going to TRY MY BEST to stay on plan. I know when I get my first weigh in at Curves there won't be a loss. More than likely a gain. But I'll deal, and try to do better for the next weigh in.

SunnyD57 your ankle looks quite painful! YOUCH! I'd act like a cry baby too if I hurt my ankle like that! Make sure your hubby takes good care of you and your ankle! I'd probably lay on the sofa all day with a little bell, and ring it when I needed something! (Not trying to give you any ideas or anything) lol

angel4real - I would be TOTALLY upset too! I cannot believe that first of all, he would have her sitting in the back of the van with the hatch open, then move it with her just sitting there! He must have really not been thinking about what *could have* happened, until it did. And then to not even bring her to the ER to get checked out, when she was complaining that it hurt. I agreee, very irresponsible. I hope your daughter is feeling better soon. I know how those crutches are a bummer.

Well - I am off. I didn't get to Curves on Friday or Saturday so I NEED to go this week! But since they are closed today, I'll make sure to walk - with my pedometer this time.

Talk to ya'll later! Have a great day!

~ Kari ~
Old 10-13-2003, 02:46 PM   #72  

Default Curves Question

Hello there! I've been keeping up with this thread when I can, and have called my local Curves and made an appointment for a consulation later this week. However, it was impossible to get anything other than a canned answer out of them regarding cost! I must admit, I find this a bit off-putting, though I understand that they like to get you there before revealing the damage. Still, I'm in the process of changing banks and would like to know if this is something I should start at the beginning of November or what. The woman on the phone mentioned that I should "come prepared to make a decision" and I would actually like to do that, but I'm not the type to be pressured either. Anyone here know the actual cost??

Any help would be appreciated. If not, I'll probably cancel my appointment until I can get some more information.

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2003, 03:11 PM   #73  

Angry WELCOME!

WELCOME REVELY! I can let you know what I paid here in OHIO.

There are three ways to pay:
The FIRST (most expensive) is to pay monthly & for me that was $39.00 (+tx - some places/states don't charge tax)

SECOND is to have them automatically take from your checking (or in my case they are charging my VISA ea mo) @ $29.00 (+tx) and

THIRD to pay in full for the year the day you come to sign up (which they do not offer unless you ask, because it is the cheapest way to go & I think they lose $ on it, so they don't offer unless you ask) & that fee is less then the $29.00 but I don't know by how much. I think it was $2.00 - $4.00 less each month that way.

**Oh and there is a fee you pay at the beginning too - usually $149.00, but in my case I was dicounted and only paid the $49.00 + the first payment.**

Now that I have really confused you I hope I have helped.

Once you get past all that and get going I think you will enjoy your Curves allot - I know I do! Also ask if they have someone on the floor at all times to show you how to use the machines till you get the hang of them too. I know that I got a real bad neck and shoulder pain from keeping my head up and not putting it all the way down on each machine. Once I did it right I didn't hurt anymore. I just asked someone to help me and they were great about it. Don't be afraid to ask questions, okay. It's the noisy wheel that gets the oil

Hope that you go and at least give it a look-see. It is well worth your while.

Luck!

Last edited by SunnyD57; 10-13-2003 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:17 PM   #74  
~ Berry Happy ~

Hello Revely - to our Curves thread.

I joined Curves on September 19th and I have LOVED it so far. It's the ONLY thing I've ever been able to stick to. But like you, I too was put off. Not because of your reason, but the lady who I dealt with was not very friendly. At my Curves though, the women were not pushy, and didn't try to "make" me buy a membership.

That seems wrong that they would not tell you any pricing information over the phone. Sounds like they really didn't want you to make up your mind by just one phone call.

So to clear a little bit of this up - here is some of the pricing information. (Some Curves are different, but this is what I've seen for most of them.)

You can pay month to month which will cost you $39 a month. With this membership, you cannot go to any other Curves gym. Only the gym you took the membership out at.

You can pay by having them take the money right out of your checking account EACH month. If you allow them to do this, it will only cost you $29.00 per month. You will also then be allowed to go to ANY curves that you would like.

And of course, you can pay for an ENTIRE year membership at a discounted price. (Usually about $350). Which is WAY better than $468 dollars for the $39 a month.

Also - when you FIRST sign up - there is a one time start of fee. It is *usually* $150 - but they ALWAYS have discounts, most the time half off. (For me, if cost exactly $114 to start my membership).

I personally choose to do the month to month out of my own pocket because, first of all I don't have a checking account. And second of all, I honestly do not want to commit myself for a year. You have to sign the contract before you even work out, so you don't really know if you'll like it or not. Everyone is different. I may have signed up, and payed for a WHOLE year, and not liked it. Then I'd be out 350 dollars. So I will continue to pay the 10 dollars more a month, because life happens. Who knows if you will be able to continue going?

I love Curves though, and I get a great work out. I wasn't too impressed with the people there, but like I've said, I am not buying the people, I am buying my membership to workout there, and get in shape. Curves is BETTER than any gym I have ever been to before.

If you have any other questions or concerns about Curves before you go to your consultation, please just post them here. Everyone is so helpful, and willing to answer any questions you may have.

Good luck to you, and I look forward to seeing you around here more often!

~ Kari ~
Old 10-13-2003, 03:36 PM   #75  

Angry

Hi KARI ~ I just wanted to thank you for the great idea of the bell My hubby did take real good care of me - thanx. You are cute! I am doing so much better today!! I went back to Curves this morning and I did just fine. I had my ankle wrapped and wore an air-brace. I have what they call a phase two sprain. I just marched in place insetad of jogging and did fine. My ankle is in the ugly green stage of bruising, but it is so much better then it looks. Today we got our 9th machine in a new one for us It was great - it is an AB one. I look forward to having all 13 one day. I liked that little extra workout you get with another machine. I may go tomorrow morning to make up for the two I missed last week ( waiting to see how the leg feels).

I was thrilled to read your last post and see you so up and feeling good!! Keep up the great job!!

We must have been posting at the same time to answer REVELY's question... too funny. I agreed with you about everything as far as fee's and such. I love Curves!
Keep up the great job & feeling good!!
Closed Thread