Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 09:31 PM   #1  

Question Winsor Pilates

I just saw Winsor Pilates on tv and wanted to know if anyone has tried it and what you thought? I am very unflexible, about 50 pounds overweight, and not very cordinated. Can someone help me on this issue?
Old 09-26-2003, 10:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default I would like to know too....

If anyone has used these? I haven't done pilates, but would like to learn.... and input would be great!

Cherie
Old 09-30-2003, 03:06 PM   #3  

Hello, I actually went to my local Target store and saw the windor pilates kit sitting on the shelf in the books and magazines area so I bought it. I got the mat and was really excited but then I turned it on.. and i must say it looks really easy on tv but it requires alot or muscle strength in order to do some of those things.. it made my body ache.. If you are flexible it might work out better for you than me but I didnt like it much.. I would recommend buying to from target though its the same price and now shipping charges!
Old 10-02-2003, 10:03 AM   #4  
Waisting away

Hi all

I have the Winsor Pilates tapes and I found them to be great. Even after the first use I found myself feeling taller. It`s not that it is hard to do, but it is difficult, if you know what I mean. You do work up a sweat. However, if you have any joint problems this is definitely the way to go. I have bad knees and found that I had no problems. You do have to concentrate a bit and using the right posture in terms of the trunk portion of the body but it`s well worth it.

Old 10-10-2003, 04:13 PM   #5  

Wink

Winsor Pilates is excellent! I haven't used it in a while, since I've had a friend move in with me ( I like to work out at home in privacy, not much of that in my home!). I was using Winsor atleast 3 days a week when I first bought the system off of Drugstore.com, and I really got a great workout. I felt like I was leaner, even if I did not lose any weight in the beginning. The system comes with 5 videos, a meal plan, and a lot more, and it's the best. There's two different tapes for an all over body workout, one that's for quick 20 minute workouts, and one that's close to an hour. It's an excellent way to gain long, lean muscle and lose weight while gaining flexibility. On every tape, there's lessons on how to do simplified versions of the exercises for those that don't yet have the strength or flexibility. Do yourself a favor, and buy the tapes. Talking about it makes me want to start up again!
Old 10-14-2003, 12:46 PM   #6  
Head Princess

I have been doing pilates for the last 6 months and love it! I had quite a few people tell me that Windsor pilates is great, so I ordered it last week. We'll see how it goes

A word of advice: I don't know about Windsor, but a lot a pilates videos do not adequately explain the philosophies behind the exercise or what you should be doing mentally and internally. I recommend getting a book as well as a video. I bought one called The Pilates Body (you can find it at Target) and it made a world of difference!

And it's true that while excercises like yoga and pilates look easy, they really are not! It takes patience and practice, but I really love the feeling I have when I'm done and I love not all out of breath at the end of a workout.
Closed Thread