Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 10:48 AM   #16  

Faye,
You are an inspiration! You are going to have a fab trip to Chicago! Being able to walk around and check out the zoo is going to be so much fun along with getting in some excercise. I know after loosing 60+ lbs I feel so much better. Good luck with your quest and keep up the good work!
Old 09-10-2003, 07:57 PM   #17  

Hi, my name is Holly. I am a 26 yr old (almost 27) mother of 3 (6 1/2, 3 1/2, 2). I work full time, as does my husband. After giving birth to my youngest in August '01, I weighed a whopping 180! It took me 2 months to get to 171, then I sat at 167 for what seems like forever. In July '03, I weighed between 156 and 160, not sure exactly because I had a really bad scale. Anyway, I am currently 147. I have ALOT of trouble with my knees, so the only exercise I can really do is walk with the WATP tapes, and, try to walk between 2 and 5 miles 5-6 days a week.

Holly
Old 09-10-2003, 08:38 PM   #18  

Welcome Holly! We are both sitting at about the same weight. I am at about 145 +- a couple. I want to get down to about 130. When I was over 200 I also felt the strain in my knees but that has now subsided.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:52 PM   #19  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Angry Hello hello hello

Hey ladies, I've been in slacker mode for quite a spell. In fact I've just started up walking again. This after getting on the scale over the weekend and the ##'s scaring the bejesus out of me ! So, I've missed you gals I really have, and hope to get back to posting regularly here...oh yeah, and uh, walking daily too .

Hi Faye if you're lurking, thanks for giving the thread a little CPR . You've come a long way and you always have positive things to say for everyone. Welcome here anytime.

Hey Holly, good to see you here!

Janine, you have made awesome progress in the past year and I'm proud of you! I am close approaching my 1 year mark (10/24/03) and I am fighting tooth and nail to get back down to my lowest weight this journey of 170...I'm keeping you in mind for inspiration that it can be done. Geez, if I'd only been as dedicated like you I would've been nearing the 140's too...oh well, everyone at his own pace, eh?

Cristi, You've been doing great working toward your goal and I applaud you for keeping the faith and posting even if the rest of us flaked out for a bit .

Well, I'm still at work so back to work I go. Chat with you later. Oh yes, almost forgot... I haven't set a mileage goal to walk this month, exept for a goal to walk at least 5X p/week.

Old 09-12-2003, 03:44 PM   #20  

I got in another 3 mile walk today! I step into the house amazed every time I complete that great of a distance. My skinny dd told me she needs to start walking or I am gonna kick her butt when we do the rftc in Oct. Yeah, right and Arnold is going to run for president.....(actually he can't because he is not born here American) so..... I just want to FINISH the walk I could care less how far behind everyone I am!

Hope everyone is doing great today. I had a "clothes" moment yesterday. I was in Walmarts and they had these beautiful tan zip cardigans with navy and cranberry blocks of color. Now remember that in January I was wearing 4 and 5X (26-32) clothes on my upper body, well I tried on a 22/24 and zipped it up had lots of room in the sleeves and around the behind area so I thought to myself, "should I take a chance? Sure why not, what could happen, you can't get your arms in it?" So I went for the 18/20 zipped it up, ask dh what he thought and if he thought it looked too tight. He said, "Not at all." Woohoo! (I didn't buy it, but may sneak back and get it without dh! )

Everybody have a great weekend!

Faye
Old 09-12-2003, 04:59 PM   #21  

WTG Faye!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You deserve that cardigan! Get back to that store and buy it!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2003, 09:10 AM   #22  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning ladies,

WELCOME Holly and Faye, nice to see some new faces around.

I just wanted to check in and say Hi. I will post more later today or this evening.

Hope everyone has a GREAT Monday!
Old 09-15-2003, 03:34 PM   #23  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry I'm Baaaaaaack!

Sorry ladies for being MIA

I found out my ex-bil was killed in a car accident and haven't felt like doing much of anything since last Wednesday but thought I better get back on track today! Even though he was an ex-bil he was still part of the family, my nephew's father and a good friend, so that was a bit tough hearing that.

I did get a walk and bike ride in this morning. I am so glad it has finally cooled off.

Holly and Faye WELCOME once again. This thread was thriving and slowly filtered out so it is good to see some newbies.

Holly, I do the 2 mile WATP video 3 days a week and I really enjoy it. And some of the ladies here that also did the tape counted it their walk, especially when the weather was bad and they couldn't get out to do a walk.

Faye, I admire you. You are doing an awesome job with your weight loss! WTG Yes, you definitely deserve that cardigan and should go get it before it's gone!

As are you Janine, both you ladies have come a long way.

Noelle, so glad to see ya posting! We thought we lost ya.

Not sure what happened to everyone else but if you are out there lurking ladies stop by to say Hi! We MISS YOU! I know Kristi had planned on jumping in on this month's goals she just wanted to take a short break. Maybe I will email her and see what's up, I know she was busy with school starting and all.

Well, I hope everyone is having a good day.

September Goal~30 miles
9/15/03~3.25 miles
Total Miles~13.25
Miles to go~16.75
Old 09-15-2003, 05:33 PM   #24  

I finally got a workout in! Felt pretty good. I did 1.95 miles in 40 minutes. That is all the time I had. Right when I got off the treadmill I had to hop in the car and go pick Alex up from preschool.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:58 AM   #25  

Just a short post to say good morning. I am getting ready to get out this morning. It is nice and cool this morning so the walk should be nice. This is my mall day, but my walking partner has to have a cat scan so I am on my own.

One of the nice things is my dh has started a weight loss program all on his own. I am so proud of him and he has the most incredible stamina. He just toughs it out when he is hungry. He is even measuring. He has cut out his high fat lunch and replaced it with a slimfast and then for a snack instead of cookies, cheese crackers etc he is eatin a meal replacement bar.

Well ladies, better run, uh no walk I guess!!!!

Faye
Old 09-16-2003, 10:50 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 185/136/125

Height: 5'5"

Angry

Hi, I'm Topaz and I love to walk! I mostly walk to and from work - it's just over 2.5 miles (4.5 km) each way, with hills, so it's a pretty good walk. I have a pedometer that I often forget to use. I'm 30, I'm a single mom who works full-time and I'm also a part-time student, so making my trip to work into my workout, um, 'works out' best for me. I've lost almost 20 pounds since about the end of May, and have about 20 or so more to go. I'm not in any hurry - as long as I'm getting smaller instead of bigger, I'm happy.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:35 PM   #27  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies. Just though I'd pop in and update my mileage thus far. I've been pretty good this past week staying OP during the weekday work week, then struggling on the weekends. Nothing new for me. I did pretty well on Saturday until dinner time, but nothing I'm too upset about. Sunday means BBQ day at our house and it went OK until dessert time. But all that's over and done with and this is a new week. I am back OP as of yesterday. I'm kind of afraid to say this but I think I got my mojo back . My new incentive is an upcoming trip to Bangkok, Thailand in November. I'm gearing myself up to drop some pounds and get back in good walking shape so I can shop til I drop .

Welcome Topaz . A 5 mile daily walk to and from work is an excellent distance. Congratulations on your 20 lb loss . Do you live in an area that you can do this year round? I love to walk too, once I get into the groove.

Faye I don't know about you, but when my DH decides to diet, he's just a perfect angel too--he never gives in to his cravings and the weight just falls off. It drives me insane! Especially since it seems I'm the one that's been "dieting" forever and my loss has been at a snails pace. Oh well, slow and steady wins the race, eh? Oh yeah, I agree, go get the cardigan!

(((Cristi))) , I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL's passing. It's never easy losing someone especially when it's unexpected. Come here and vent if you need to, we're here to lend an ear (or eye).

Janine, you go girl.

Well, it's another busy day so I need to get off here and do some work. I'll check you ladies out later.

Aloha!

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 09-16-2003 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:12 AM   #28  

I did another 3 miles at least yesterday. I was telling my sister that about the last 1/2 mile I get pretty tired still and I notice I will kind of start weaving a little when I walk. I told her one of these days a cop is gonna stop me thinking I am drunk and because I am tired won't be able to take the breathilizyer test and they will throw me in the pokey!

Glad everyone is doing well with their walking. Keep it up.

Faye
Old 09-17-2003, 08:04 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 185/136/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Do you live in an area that you can do this year round?
Well, not really. I mean, I try, but I end up slogging through 3 feet of snow on winter mornings, and while that's probably good exercise in some way, it's incredibly discouraging, so I end up getting rides to work a lot of the time. The sidewalks are plowed by the end of the day, though. Everyone thinks I'm nuts for wanting to walk anyway when it's really cold or really hot, but I really enjoy it. Besides, it's often my only time alone all day.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:40 AM   #30  

Ladies:

Please say a prayer for a lady named Carol Ann that posts on this website. Her husband had a massive heart attack and died last night. I believe they had been married quite awhile like Jack and I and boy did it hit home! Thanks for your good thoughts for her and her family.

Faye
Closed Thread