Chronic pain and exercise

• Hey y'all! This is my first post here and I'm unsure where to start. I've been overweight and have fluctuated (low carb high protein) but it always comes back. So this time around in trying the very popular suggestion of calorie control and exercise. My first week I've lost ten pounds!!! I'm happy about that but I'm also concerned. I've been dealing with chronic pain for a long time. I also grew up playing sports and have a very competitive spirit. I'm already developing knee pain and other joint pain. I have now switched from walking to a recumbent bike, which seems to be going well but I don't feel like I'm doing as much bc I'm not in as much pain. I have fibromyalgia, endometriosis, two leaking heart valves, a skin condition HS, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something lol! Any general advice would be appreciated! I should also mention I have recently quit smoking and switched to the vape, which I'm using less and less. But 3 weeks no cigarettes yay! I'm trying to keep the mindset that quitting smoking was the harder of my two goals lol! Thanks for any input 😊
  • My husband quit smoking about 14 years ago and I know how tough this can be for you. Best wishes on your journey! Losing 10 pounds is a great accomplishment. It may not seem like it now, but given your challenges, this is great incentive to keep you motivated. Swimming may be great for you since it is non-impact. I have chronic lower back pain, so the only thing that the doctor has recommended is walking. When I'm motivated to lose weight, I stick to the same foods for breakfast (smoothie) and lunch (large salad). I have a little variety for dinner. Find something that works for you and stick to it. I've tried so many diets in the past, but i do best with natural ingredients and clean eating. It takes a little more preparation time, but there is a lot of information on the web on food prepping. I do mine mostly on Sundays.