Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-17-2016, 04:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

Default 1st Class.....can i keep it up?

yesterday i thought id take the plunge and participate in my first ever group exercise since leaving school 14 years ago.
I decided to take the ab blast class at my gym - A quick 15 minute intense blast of abdominal work is how it is billed. Ive been working on my abs by myself in the gym so it cant be that bad right?

Oh how naive i was. it was more difficult than i expected despite me doing some of the exercises regularly in the gym - guess who wasnt doing them properly before.....

Any way i got through it, felt quite positive afterwards and thought i would definitely be back on Thursday when it runs again.

This morning however i am in quite considerable pain. my back and ribs are particularly bad - it really hurts to take any kind of decent sized breath.

i did the class after a normal session in the gym (minus the usual ab work) so maybe that was my mistake but surely not.

If i go back on thursday am i going to feel like this again? if i am im not sure i will go back. Should i try to stick it out? Will it get better quickly? Will i not be this bad on friday?
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:31 AM   #2  

Hi Rechyl!

If the pain you are feeling is just muscle pain then it will pass in a couple of days. If you do go back next week it won't be nearly this bad. You might again feel it in your muscles the next day but trust me, this is as bad as it gets So if you felt good about this class and the pain is just muscle pain (you don't think it's anything else) then I think you should go back.
Weightever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:54 PM   #3  

i still hurt. i have a big night on Friday so im starting to convince myself i shouldnt go on thursday and ill miss saturday because ill be travelling back.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:29 PM   #4  

Tonight was a different instructor and the workout was more pilates based. i enjoyed it more. Lets see how i feel tomorrow
Old 02-04-2016, 06:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

It hurts good I bet. Whenever I do something that makes my muscles sore like that I skip the next class but do some light exercise on my own, mostly walking. And then I go to the following class. It's better by then so don't worry, you won't feel this bad every single time.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote