Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 10:11 PM   #16  

Hi everyone. Yesterday's steps were 5,147 and I had 29 active minutes. Just a dog walk, otherwise a lot of sofa time. Which I needed.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:13 PM   #17  

Trina, good job on the steps!

Hi Ceejay. Great getting your exercise even away from home.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:29 PM   #18  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Smile

Hi everyone,

Ceej, Thanks for joining us here Wow, you are so amazing to do your steps on vacation in the bedroom, that's Impressive. You gave me motivation when we travel & I haven't done much walking around.

Trina, A awesome day for you being so active getting 8313 steps yesterday

Laura, You are being modest about your steps because you did Great w your steps for having a peaceful day off.

I forgot about putting my Fitbit back on after it was done charging So my 'recorded steps' 3364 are zip, because I actually did more walking than that yesterday while it was on the charger.

Old 11-29-2015, 12:00 PM   #19  

Yesterday's steps were 6,626.

Dee - How annoying to have forgotten to take the Fitbit off the charger! I charge ours in our home office and it's sort of "out of sight, out of mind". But I keep the wristband in the bathroom, so that acts as a reminder for me. Of course once or twice I've worn the band without the Fitbit in it, lolol.

Have a great day everyone. I'm gonna get a load of laundry going & get out to rake some leaves. Toodles.

Last edited by Laura705; 11-29-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:13 PM   #20  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Afternoon Everyone

It's such a nice sunny and peaceful Sunday.

Laura705 Thanks, the winter months are so challenging for me with exercise and water. So, I'm so thrilled to be apart of this thread.

Dee I forget to remove my fitbit from the charger often, it's so annoying lol. I also need to get out and rake some leaves. I've already done one round lol. Now that they are all off the trees, have to get it done.

Steps yesterday were 8151 Let's see what today brings. Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-29-2015, 01:59 PM   #21  
Sandee

Everyone is Welcome here to join us for support & friendship, all you need is to walk. So drop-in & chat with us, we'd love to hear from you'all

Another beautiful sunny day & week is coming like yesterday, hitting 48* This week w the nice weather we need to decorate outdoors also.

Laura ~ Thanks for your sympathy Mine is just a normal Charge & I don't take it out of the band to charge it, do u have to remove your Flex from the band to charge it or is it just a easier way? PLease don't tell Ann this because I don't want to worry her...The main reason I didn't get the Charge HR is because on Amazon I read the bad reviews first, then the good ones. There were ppl that posted pics that had sores, blisters & red burn marks on their wrists where the heart rate button presses against the hand. Scary to me. But then I looked at the buckle & I knew it wasn't for me when I wanted to wear it around my ankle for accurate steps. So I bought the Charge that snaps like your Flex & I popped-off the snap closure to insert it into a stretchy sock cuff & wear around my ankle. I saw Flex owners can change their bands to use the buckle straps @ Target. I've only worn mine on my wrist once, because when I get 10,000 steps it vibrates & I was drinking & spilled Dr. Pepper on myself If it was w friends & a Margarita it would b funny, but not if I was drinking a hot drink or a glass of wine. So I'm content wearing my Fitbit around my ankle I don't want to turn-off the vibrating alarm.

Yesterdays my steps were 11,460 on the dashboard Dh was making jerky w the dehydrator & smoking steaks out on our grill w wood & forever goofing off. He was supposed to do outdoor clean-up because he's had 4 days off from work & our butts have been parked on the sofa in front of football games & movies since Friday. So I was inside & outside doing stuff & being a pest to him until he got busy. I've got lots of steps to make-up w our rain last week & fatigue from my immune prob.

Trina & Laura ~ Girls you r so funny about raking leaves, we have 16 acres of woods-tree's-leaves. But not enough trees on our 4 acre yard to kill the lawn. Anybody have a fireplace that they'd like pinecones to make their logs have rainbow colors... I have a few acres you can have. Looks like you both will be stomping aLL over my steps today w your leaf raking. I'm indoors making pasta & baking & will be hovering in a 15 feet area all day, I hope to make 5000 steps today. Come on over & you can take some cinnamon rolls, cookies, ravioli & noodles home.

I haven't rode my stationary bike yet w my Fitbit on. Should I take it off or will it count each pedal rotation as a step? If I don't hit 5000 steps by 7pm I thought pedaling for 5-10 minutes would strengthen my legs like walking does? What's your thoughts on this...... Thanks!

Hi Ceej I hope that you're having a nice Sunday.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:38 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Dee
I have a Zip fit bit that has a clip on it. I have to clip it to m shoe string when I ride the bike. It will not count if it is in my pocket. It might work wearing it around your ankle.
Met my goals for last week. This week I'm raising my steps to 6000 and my exercise minutes to 30. I will be recording my calorie intake also.
Hi Laura and Trina
Old 11-29-2015, 02:51 PM   #23  
lovemylife001

Ceejay52

for meeting your goal last week, that's awesome. What part of Arkansas? My family is from Pine Bluff and Little Rock. My parents moved to MI when my mother was pregnant with me. Mostly all of my family is still there.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:27 PM   #24  

Hi girls. Yesterday's steps were 13,310. We were outside raking yesterday, and I took doggy on his walk too.

I'll get back here to catch up on your personals, but probably not until tomorrow. I'm in the middle of dithering over my decision to take Pilates class again or not. I love the class, but something about taking it on Monday night makes it a challenge for me. Not a schedule challenge, just a motivational one, lol. The new session starts tonight, so I have to decide very soon!
Old 11-30-2015, 07:49 PM   #25  
Sandee

Hello everyone

I planned to cyber shop today for gifts but my time got wasted being put on hold every time I made a business call I sat all day getting caught up with business records, what a PITA day.

My steps yesterday were 7,233 & probably won't get 5,000 before bedtime tonight because of all the computer & paper work today.

Laura - on your steps yesterday That's a lot of activity.

Ceej - I hope that you are in a safe area away from the ice & snow storm's.

Trina - That's awesome that your family is from the south, Arkansas like Ceej. I was born in Charleston & we moved here when I was 4 yrs old. In the 2nd grade my mean teacher thumped me & a friend from Mississippi on our heads w his pencil when we gave answers w our southern accent. We both learned to lose our accents during school & speak 'proper English' When we went home we spoke like our family did.

Have a safe Tuesday girls, we are likely getting nasty weather.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:07 PM   #26  
lovemylife001

Good Late Evening Everyone

Laura705 Your steps yesterday were awesome. Did you make it to the pilates class?

Dee I actually managed to get some Cyber Monday deals before work. I was really hoping to finish up this weekend, but that's not going to happen lol.

Ceejay52

My steps for yesterday were 7,325. I'm headed to bed so my steps for today are 8,113.

Have a good night everyone!

Last edited by lovemylife001; 11-30-2015 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:23 PM   #27  

Hi girls. Yesterday's steps were 8,077. I did the dog walk and my Pilates class.

Dee - My flex needs to come out of the wristband to charge. I haven't seen the buckle straps you mentioned. I still need to give a try to wearing the Fitbit on my ankle. I have some old stretched out hair scrunchies - wonder if they could be repurposed to wear around my ankle with the Fitbit tucked inside. That's a lot of leaves on 16 acres!! Too bad you didn't get some shopping done yesterday.

Ceejay - Congrats on meeting your goals last week!

Good job on the steps the past couple days Trina.

==
Back to work today. No dog walks for me til the weekend - my bf does it during the week. I do it on weekends and when I take days off work. Have to get my steps during my commute & walking at lunchtime.

Time to get ready for bed. G'night ladiea.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:34 PM   #28  
lovemylife001

Good Late Evening Everyone

Very long day but it was a good one I'm headed to bed so today's steps were 9,155 lol

Have a great night everyone!
Old 12-02-2015, 06:36 PM   #29  

Hey ladies, hope you all had a good day. Yesterday's steps were 9,318.

Great step day for you, Trina.

Last edited by Laura705; 12-02-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:53 PM   #30  
lovemylife001

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone had a great day.

Laura Thanks, sometimes I move a lot at work and then other times I'm stuck sitting in meetings all day lol.

Today's steps were 7,310. I will try to do better tomorrow. Have a great night everyone.
Closed Thread