Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 02:42 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 192/171/140

Height: 5ft 4in

Better day today 12,906 steps.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:52 PM   #122  

Afternoon all.

Yesterday's steps were 10,729, with 4.69 miles and 55 active minutes. I dunno how they (fitbit) come up with the mileage and active minutes.

I've done this before but never written it down - I went to gmaps-pedometers and routed the walking portion of my work commute. This time I wrote it down. It's about 2.2 miles round trip, if I walk the entire thing (of course).

Vehuel, Dee, Trina - Awesome job on the steps!

PQ - Toting (fire?)wood sounds like great exercise. If you're carrying a stack of wood in your arms, does that mean your arm isn't swinging like it normally would when you walk? So maybe your gadget just didn't register all the steps you took... That's why I like to wear my flex on my ankle.

Dee - Bummer about the haircut. But at least it'll grow back.

Hellos to the rest of you.

---
My throat's been scratchy/raspy for a few days - fighting off a cold. I bought two kinds of Ricolo cough drops today just in case. I know they claim to be all natural, but I just don't care for the flavors.

That's it for me. Have a great evening everyone!
Old 01-06-2016, 11:39 PM   #123  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Late Evening Everyone

Checking in before bed. Steps for today were 10,083, barely made my ten thousand.

on the steps everyone. We are doing a great job. Let's keep up the momentum

Laura Hope you feel better soon

hi all around. Enjoy your evening. I'll be back tomorrow
Old 01-07-2016, 12:32 AM   #124  
Work in progress

Height: 5'4

Hi Everyone, hope you are having a good evening!

Thanks for the welcome, minidoodles. No kiddos, but my sweetie & I are sure kids at heart though! I did get 9078 steps on Monday.

Hi Laura, thanks for welcoming me also. Nice stats for Monday. Pushing past 10,000 and great exercise. Alot better than I did!

Lovemylife, thanks for the comment on steps. I just know I can do better. I get such wimpy numbers on the weekends, I need to do better during the week to get a good average. I hope to get 8,000 - 9,000 steps per day now. Sometimes I didn't even get that many in the summer months!

PrairieQueen, It's about 33 degrees here, but has been rainy all day. Trying to keep warm here too. Great job on the steps and floors! I only got 1 flight today! So do you have a fireplace, or wood burning stove? Hauling wood sounds like good exercise!

Vehuel, awesome, over 12,000 steps!

Sorry if I missed anyone, fading fast...

My steps for Tuesday were only 7407. Don't think tonight's will be even that. Will hope for a better tomorrow!
Old 01-07-2016, 08:03 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Laura & Cat eyed I live in an 1849 Federal-style farmhouse and we have a lot of fireplaces, but only four are functional/updated for safety: 3 are now gas and one is huge so we installed a large glass front woodburning insert that cranks out the heat. I paid attention to how I was carrying last night and my arm does not swing. I'm going to count each night as 10 minutes of exercise for our work "contest."

My numbers from yesterday (Wed., 1/06) . . . .

1985 calories burned
2420 mL water
16 floors
9592 steps (I thought about going outside in my PJs to take a lap around the property to hit 10K, but the warm bed was calling my name.) Maybe today.....
Old 01-07-2016, 01:19 PM   #126  

Afternoon all.

PQ - Wow, 4 fireplaces! Do any/all of those serve as the primary heating source for the house? We have two fireplaces, both gas, one with ceramic logs and one is still woodburning. Good job on the steps yesterday!

cat eyed - I thing anything over 7,000 steps is good. We've had a mild winter so far, so I try to walk my entire work commute. When it gets really cold (like the teens forecast starting Sunday), I might be asking for more train station drop-offs & pick-ups. At which time my steps will go down...

Trina - As usual, good job on the steps! Yes, let's all keep up the momentum.
==
My steps were 10,751 yesterday, active minutes were 52.

I'd hoped to get to an exercise class tonight, but I really didn't sleep well last night and my eyes are already feeling it today. And I've got this crud in my throat and a bit of nasal congestion today so it looks (and feels) like this cold I was fighting has won. And staying up too late the past few days didn't helped me any. Soooo...it might be better for me to just stay home and take it easy.

Last edited by Laura705; 01-07-2016 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:37 PM   #127  
lovemylife001

Checking in before bedtime. Today's steps were 10,949

cat eyed My steps are not the greatest on the weekends either. I rarely hit 10,000.

PQ, Vehuel & Laura on your steps totals. I agree with you Laura anything over 7,000 and I'm happy.

hi to everyone. Have a great night, I'll be back tomorrow. And tomorrow is TGIF I love, love weekends lol
Old 01-08-2016, 05:36 AM   #128  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning everyone

TGIF it's been a long week for us. I wish the temps weren't fluctuating so much, causing colds & body aches, Dh has had problems for the last 2 weeks.

Thursday
8,400 steps
1,901 calories burned.
1 floor.
45 active minutes.

Happy Wishes for Everyone to have a comfy weekend at home . Dee

ps: I agree there's nothing more cozier than being by a warm fireplace in the winter.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:48 AM   #129  

If the temps don't go too low the woodburning insert does a great job of heating the downstairs, but we actually have a forced air furnace (oil) and a heat pump (only good to about 32 degrees). The gas ones are good to warm up just a room though.

Yesterday's numbers (1/07/16)

1955 cal burned
2065 mL water
18 active min
10 floors
9037 steps
Old 01-08-2016, 03:50 PM   #130  

Yesterday 07/01/2016 steps 7,742 calories 1,197
Today 08/01/2016 steps 16.946 calories 1,280 - but all I wanted to do was eat so it was a bit of a struggle today.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:06 PM   #131  

Afternoon all. Steps yesterday were 10,205. I got a ride home from the train, but I got extra steps in yesterday afternoon due to a work-related thing. Active minutes were 43.

Vee - Wow, that's a lot of steps - how did you do it??!!

PQ - We don't use our fireplaces all the much. When it gets too cold, it just sucks all the heat out of the house. Great job on the steps!

Dee - I agree about the coziness of a fireplace. I suppose we could use ours for short periods of time if it isn't too cold. Doggy stands by the hearth warming his bones. A few years ago I bought a "yule log" fireplace dvd - can be played with holiday music or not. That's kind of fun too.

Trina - Yes, TGIF!!!

--
I was fighting a cold earlier in the week and have lost. Didn't sleep well on Wednesday night and the cold came on in earnest yesterday. I'm at the sloppy sinus congestion stage today. I had tentative plans to see a band tonight with friends, but I'm going to stay home this weekend.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:38 PM   #132  

"Vee - Wow, that's a lot of steps - how did you do it??!!"

I'm fortunate in that I do a lot of steps at work anyway - and work ten hour shifts. But I am trying to walk either into work - or home from work*. (Not the whole journey that would be too much but I walk the first bus journey and catch the second bus.

Today was a good day as I walked in and back and had a lot of running around to do.

I think the fact that walking that bit of the journey is usually quicker than waiting to catch the first bus helps a lot too.

*If the weather is vile I catch both buses. I'm not THAT dedicated!

Last edited by Vehuel; 01-08-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:36 PM   #133  
lovemylife001

Busy day today. Steps for today were 11,483 lol. I'm pooped I will be back tomorrow. Have a great start to your weekend everyone
Old 01-09-2016, 11:18 AM   #134  

Yesterday was a bust......I was tired, hungry, and crampy most of the day.

1723 cal burned
1710 ml water
7 floors
5159 steps

I was asleep before 10pm and slept over 10 hours!
Old 01-09-2016, 03:18 PM   #135  
Work in progress

Height: 5'4

Hi Everyone & Welcome to the Weekend!

I am not too optimistic about a good step count today, unless I get out to mall walk or something. It's only 11 degrees out now. Brrrrrr!

PrairieQueen: Wow, sounds like you have a very historic house! It would be nice to curl up in front of a fire today! Is it hard to maintain a house like that? It sounds like it is a big place with so many fireplaces! I hear you about being tired & crampy...that was me on Wed & Thurs. You probably needed that sleep, hope you woke up refreshed today!

Laura705: I hope you are feeling better today. You are still doing great with your steps, even with a cold. I'm impressed!
You mentioned some type of cough drop you didn't like. Have you tried Halls defense? I think they aren't necessarily for coughs, but are good for soothing a scratchy throat & come in a yummy citrus flavor.

lovemylife001: Great job on steps Thurs & Friday. I see you got over a 1,000 more on Friday. I hope to increase steps day over day, but doesn't happen very often!

miniDoodles : Hope you are feeling better today Dee. I totally understand about the cold temps. I still am not used to how cold it gets here with the wind chills.

Vehuel: I agree with Laura...that's Alot of steps! Over 16,000 is amazing! I don't know if I have every gotten that many in one day. Where do you live? US, Europe? (if you don't mind me asking) Just curious. I noticed you used the format with the date first. I had to look twice & then figured you didn't actually jump into the future to get your stats!

I only had 7,207 steps on Wed & 7,615 on Thurs. Yesterday was a bit better with 8,686.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone! I might be back later...this is what it looked like yesterday around here.
Closed Thread