Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-07-2015, 06:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Default Abs??

I have lost 51 lbs and still have 29 to lose. I have notice that my stomach has some lose skin and was wondering does anyone know of anyone that has abs after losing a dramatic amount of weight and do they still have lose skin? I don't want big bulky abs I just want my stomach to look toned! Advice please.
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:49 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

For me it has been tough. I do not have any loose skin after 110lbs loss (give your body time to adjust, especially if you are young) but the belly has been the last to go. It's probably because I am a guy and we carry our weight there. So an extra 5 or 10lbs makes a real difference to that area. As a lady you may have more luck. But you probably won't get an arse or thighs like mine either.

The rest of me is cut.

My guess is you have to get your body fat pretty low to have well-defined abs. For just a flat stomach, not so much.

And loose skin is anyone's guess but if you are young and your genes are so inclined etc. etc. you probably will be OK.

Exercise, especially strength training, really helps with loose skin by the way. Not just in the abs area but everywhere.

Last edited by IanG; 10-07-2015 at 09:06 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/217/160

Height: 5'4"

Nichols--fantastic job! Are you doing any type of program at all? I am just beginning to embark on my own weight loss journey and would love to hear how others have done it.
devushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:05 AM   #4  

Thank You Ian and DonnaGodsey!

devushka -- I have been calorie counting and walking. I do turbo jam (ab jam) and turbo jam (maximum results). Right now I'm at a stand still with my weight though So I am about to have to switch it up!
Old 10-09-2015, 09:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/217/160

Height: 5'4"

I'll have to look up the turbo jam-is it a video or a fitness class? How long do you walk? Your success is awesome!

I know plateaus do occur, so mixing it up should work. I've also heard of taking a break for a week and getting back into it to shake it up. When I've hit plateaus in the past (when I was thinner) I'd do things like yoga to instead focus on strengthening my core, lengthening my body, etc.

Good luck and keep it up--I hope to have some also good results like yours in the next 4 -6 months!
devushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 04:51 PM   #6  

it is a series of videos...they are really awesome. I walk about 1.5-3 miles per day. Plateaus suck I hate them so much! lol