Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-04-2015, 07:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

Default HBP High blood preesure exercising

I am needing to get my rear in gear. My problem is I have "HBP" High Blood Pressure. It is Hypertension so I am told to not do to much jumpng and cardio. I was thinking walking and some light strength training. I was wondering how others are handeling this?

Davisa
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:10 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Is your hypertension being treated? If so, you should be able to exercise normally. It's only if it's not being controlled that you need to worry. AND if you exercise, you should be able to come off the meds pretty easily (or at least in most cases this is true).

Now, if your BP is not controlled - get it controlled or wait for the meds to make it under control (usually takes very little time). Then keep an eye on it as you exercise, as your dosage will probably need to be lowered!

http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-hi...-exercise-tips
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

It is being treated but my doctor due to the severity of the level and my weight doesnt want to make my heart more stressed than it is. I have a Thick heart that he is watching. I was told when I lose some weight (about 25-30 pounds) I can do low cardio
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote