Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-14-2015, 04:06 PM   #1  
Restarted IP 12 July 2015

S/C/G: S/C/G: 250/239.2/130

Height: 5'7" 23-y-o

Default Masters swimming and my fitness pal

I used to be a competitive swimmer, and back in January I got back into the pool for the first time in about 8 years and joined a masters team. I typically swim four times per week. My average practices are 2700-3800 meters and last between 50 and 90 minutes. As is typical for competitive swim workouts, my practices are interval-based. The sets vary in speed, distance, duration, and stroke (as I was an IM'er and freestyle is my worst stroke, I tend to do more stroke sets than many others). For what it's worth, right now I practice in a longcourse pool.

I am having so much trouble tracking this in my fitness pal!! MFP only has options to add the amount of time you swam each stroke. Let's say I did a set of 6x200 IM on 4:00 descend 1-3 and 4-6. How am I supposed to add that to MFP? Like 3 minutes of moderate freestyle, 3 minutes of fast freestyle, and 6 minutes each of the other strokes, general speed (this is the only option). That is just one example, but that assumes that I was swimming the entire 4 minutes, which is not the case.

Is there any way to track distances swum in MFP? Any other tips?
LizziBea is offline   Reply With Quote