3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   ''Squat butt'' (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/304953-squat-butt.html)

ab88 07-03-2015 06:21 PM

''Squat butt''

Anyone here have success with forming a squat butt after weight loss? or during?

It's just so hard to comprehend that I could develop a squat butt when it's so big and mushy right now. :(

Palestrina 07-03-2015 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ab88 (Post 5180925)
Anyone here have success with forming a squat butt after weight loss? or during?

It's just so hard to comprehend that I could develop a squat butt when it's so big and mushy right now. :(

What is a squat butt?

IanG 07-03-2015 07:21 PM

If you mean a toned butt, then walking or preferably running are the way to go.

Doing squats will also help.

My butt is like two hard boiled eggs in a handkerchief. But that's helped by the fact that I am a guy.

LovelyLeah 07-07-2015 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanG (Post 5180935)
My butt is like two hard boiled eggs in a handkerchief..

I have tears streaming down my face I'm laughing so hard! That is my new favorite quote/description of all time!!

I've heard it referred to as the bubble butt. My understanding is that it's all about building up your gluts.

hhm6 07-09-2015 03:45 AM

I've also wondered this!!

I was told I couldn't gain muscle at the deficit I'm at to actually gain muscle there so it was disappointing.

I'm heavier on top so if I can get a more shapely lower body I'm all for it, but I just don't think I can. I see so many girls on social media who have transformed their bodies though and I'm really curious how they did it!!

nelie 07-09-2015 08:30 AM

Something you should look into is Strong Curves if you want to build a shapely butt. Squats work but they aren't the most effective thing for building a shapely booty. Some of your booty is genetic but you can help shape it. Bret Contreras literally got a PhD in building the booty and provides lots of information in Strong Curves.

RetroRabbit 07-09-2015 09:51 PM

I've read that walking up a steep incline, or running, is way more effective than squats. I like squats because you can feel the burn, but they hurt my knees. My college campus is literally a side of a mountain. The science building sits at the top. We science students definitely have the nicest bums!

If you have hills, go walk up them, or do a very steep incline on a treadmill :)
Best of luck!

ab88 07-10-2015 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palestrina (Post 5180926)
What is a squat butt?

Google imagine squat butt. or go to youtube, that is probably safer than an image search. hehe

ab88 07-10-2015 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanG (Post 5180935)
If you mean a toned butt, then walking or preferably running are the way to go.

Doing squats will also help.

My butt is like two hard boiled eggs in a handkerchief. But that's helped by the fact that I am a guy.

omg :lol::lol:

ab88 07-10-2015 01:26 AM

my boyfriend is not an *** man and said it's perfectly fine but I'd like defined bootey!

dietcokehead98 09-28-2015 04:00 PM

I recently completed a 30 day squat challenge. I'm not going to lie, it was HARD. I am blessed with the Italian side of my heritage's genes; wide hips, sturdy thighs and a butt.
My butt definitely changed shape. My waist is smaller and my thighs are AMAZING. I now do squats every time I exercise. No exceptions. Start off slow, do maybe 20 a workout then move up. On my 30th day, I did 250. Now, I do 100 three times a week. There is a difference and not so much "shake" with my fries :)