Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-21-2015, 05:08 PM   #31  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 300/300/160

Height: 5'5"

OMG! That's a GREAT IDEA! Any gain during TOM is zero.... I LOVE that!!!!

My first major goal is 199 - then I'm going for my very first massage. I've done foot, neck, head massages, but never the back - too fat to be able to relax for that. I'm jealous of you Thirti!

I've been doing Tae Bo since the 90's. I've tried other exercise, but I always go back to it. It's fun and it works quick. You're happy to be exercising longer?? Oh my - we have nothing in common! Ha ha ha!
justfortoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 03:55 AM   #32  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Tae Bo sounds great!! I think I might struggle to find any classed around my new appartment though. A lot of the gyms around us are very much into Bodypump/ Body Blast/ Insanity/ Metafit/ Bootcamp

Its all a total killer for me. I could do boot camp but not with this ankle yet.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:27 PM   #33  
one day at a time

I have a tiny space that I work out in; it can be done. I don't go to the gym - just me and my 3 dogs. They love trying to catch my foot when I try kick. They aren't bright!

Any exercise you'll do is the best!
Old 07-24-2015, 12:27 AM   #34  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

I have to admit that at the beginning I too felt a bit shy about getting a massage. Especially because I needed it because I was growing very fat and very quickly and my back was paying a huge price for it. It's good you're keeping it as incentive.

SG, Sorry to hear about your ankle. How long have you been suffering from it?

My runs are becoming something else. Longer runs and shorter walks. All in all, I'm okay exercise wise. But for the past 2 days, i've been quite irresponsible with food. Coupled with a wedding this weekend, I have a feeling that Sunday's weigh in is gonna be ugly ;p

Last edited by thirti4thirty; 07-24-2015 at 12:32 AM.
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:47 PM   #35  
one day at a time

Thirti - how was the weigh in??

Scot - how are you doing?

My last 2 weigh ins have been pretty bad. 2 weeks ago I had a planned cheat and gained. Last week I struggled with an oncoming cold and TOM. The cold never hit - it's still in my ears and TOM is stuck. I lost 0, which is better than it could have been...
Old 08-02-2015, 11:55 PM   #36  
one day at a time

Yo Thirti!!! Where are you?? It's been over a week now darlin! Time to check in!

Don't you dare quit! The dancing carrot misses you. As does the dancing banana The monkey is pretty mad though Or maybe he doing squats; it's hard to tell.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:03 AM   #37  
Blessed Person Here

Hi today
I'm back! Lol. I had a terrible and very emotionally charged week (actually 2), which ended in TOM.
I haven't been doing very well with my diet and exercising. But on a brighter note I know that it would have been much worse had I not been on this journey.
I'm up by 2 kg and I'm totally fine with that.
This week, things have gone back to normal and I'm looking forward to resuming being the healthy new me.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:19 PM   #38  
one day at a time

I'm with you! I've been the same weight for a month. My period is 2 weeks late and the bloat is about to kill me. It's frustrating - we just do what we can. I have to convert everything with you - it looks like your 2 kg is just under the 2.2 kg I gained a few weeks ago. It's not ideal, but it's not a deal breaker either.

You got this!!
Old 08-05-2015, 04:44 AM   #39  
Blessed Person Here

Proud of us to keep on keeping on despite everything
How are you doing exercise wise? I paused for a while because of TOM I resumed today. I completed a run today. I jumped a workout and did the next one by mistake, so I suffered a little bit but I reduced the speed and finished well.
SG where are youuuuuuu?!?
Old 08-05-2015, 04:44 AM   #40  
Blessed Person Here

Proud of us to keep on keeping on despite everything
How are you doing exercise wise? I paused for a while because of TOM I resumed today. I completed a run today. I jumped a workout and did the next one by mistake, so I suffered a little bit but I reduced the speed and finished well.
SG where are youuuuuuu?!?
Old 08-12-2015, 01:09 AM   #41  
Blessed Person Here

Girrrrrls where are you? Come back I miss you. I too have been slacking. Maybe it's the slacking season! Lol
Old 08-15-2015, 12:50 PM   #42  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello! Just found this thread. I am getting ready for my wedding in the first week of December. I've been calorie counting (doing a modified version of the Metabolic Research Centre diet) and running every other day.

So far this week I'm down 3lbs. Looking to lose 30-40lbs by the wedding.

I'm also in the process of selling all my stuff (house, car, etc.) and moving from the US to Ireland... so lots of stress.

For now I'm only running every other day (2.5 miles). Anyone else running more than that? Should I try to up it to 5 or 6 days a week?
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote