Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-23-2015, 04:14 AM   #91  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

5km walk today in 42:36
I have had a two week break from walking and running due to sickness so I am really eager to get back into it.
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:23 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 242/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello noshoes......so.....are you are bare foot runner?
autodidact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:28 PM   #93  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Today was my first run in about a year. I've made excuses for too long and I'm happy to be starting again... Well at least I'm happy now - tomorrow I'll be sore. :-)
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:12 AM   #94  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Ran 5K on Saturday, longest run since my race May 2nd. It's amazing how easy it is to get out of routine and 5K because really really hard! But I almost matched my race time (without feeling like I'm racing) so I'm still convinced the HIIT is helping a lot.

I just really wish my capris would get here. It is HOT out and running in pants is killing me.

HIIT tonight at the gym.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:16 AM   #95  

I ran week 5 day 3 of c25k last night. That's the big "run 20 minutes" whammy that pops up out of nowhere. I'm so proud of myself because I actually did it! Of course I only ran a little over 1.25 miles in those 20 minutes, but I never stopped running so I'm still claiming victory!
Chubabub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:28 AM   #96  
Call me NNS!

Chubabub - AWESOME JOB! Congrats! That is a tough one but it feels so amazing when you complete it, doesn't it? The next few days will feel easy after that, but trust me, you'll want to take it seriously because its setting you up for the next big whammy lol

Ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill last night. Ugh, why is it so much harder than running on pavement?
Old 05-30-2015, 03:00 PM   #97  

chubabub that is wonderful, well done! C25K has some seriously hard steps in it, and you crushed it! Well done! This is it, you are on a roll now.

NNS funny, I thought running on a treadmill would be easier than running outside, because the road moves beneath you, and you just have to lift up your feet. BUT I have never used one, so I hear you!

I have been missing in action for a week or so, but have still been running. Went out with hubby yesterday and did 3 hours 20 mins on our feet of hilly trails. Just as I was feeling pleased with myself hubby pointed out I have to get a lot faster over hills if I am going to achieve my dream of a trail ultra next February. Oh well 8 months to go.....

Rest day today then a flat 12km time trial Monday, with hubby, for a base time to work from.

Keep running!

Auto.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:30 PM   #98  
Call me NNS!

Total of 3.14 miles today. Half outside, half on a treadmill.

I threw up in my mouth while running so I figured I should stop and walk home. Yuck. I think it was just too hot and humid! That was certainly a first for me...went to the gym a couple hours later to finish my run and do some strength.

I guess I'll have to get my butt up way early tomorrow to beat the heat.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:46 PM   #99  

NNS I am trying to will myself out of the door before sunrise on a really cold frosty morning....I fell on the ice last week and that has put me off rather, although the beach is obviously not icey and the tide is out so there is room to run, so there is no excuse. Right now, as I am huddled under a blanket waiting for the log fire to get going, hot and humid sounds great!

I think the worst thing is how cold your clothes are in the early morning, having to get out of a warm bed to pull on freezing cold clothes. I have taken to getting up even earlier so I can get the log burner going and lay my clothes out in front of it!
Old 05-31-2015, 09:32 PM   #100  
Call me NNS!

We always want what we can't have, huh? I would love to trade weather right now! Today's run in the heat went much better, I was more prepared and more forgiving of myself. But I do need to get back into the habit of early morning runs. This week won't be it as it's supposed to rain a lot. Guess I'll be relying on the treadmill...

Question - Does anyone here have/use a Road ID or something similar? Suggestions, thoughts? It's one of those things that I think, "can't hurt!." There was an incident at a local park where a runner got attacked (she got away) in broad daylight, 8AM. Between that and almost being hit by a car a few weeks ago I'm a bit more aware of the realities of running alone lol

I usually run with my cell phone, which has an accessible "Medical ID" screen with allergy info and emergency contact, but obviously that's not guaranteed to survive an accident.

Last edited by nonameslob; 06-01-2015 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:16 PM   #101  

Thanks guys! I'm looking at some of the times you guys are posting and all I can think is 1) noshoes walks faster than I run and 2) I'm thrilled to run 20 minutes and autodidact does that PLUS 3 hours on hilly trails! And the fact that NNS gets up and runs a 5k on practically a daily basis makes you my hero! So thank you for being so supportive of an old lady whose just thrilled to be running for the first time!

I need to look up what the average time is for a 5k for my age group so I know how much work I need to do. I would really hate to sign up and have everyone pack up and go home before I can crawl across the finish line!

We did the set of two 10 minute runs today and sadly it did not feel easy! But I made it. Now we have the 22 minute run Thursday. Nothing to you guys but mind boggling for me!
Chubabub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:15 AM   #102  

[Chubabub how old are you? I am almost 53, and I started running at age 49. I took 46 minutes for my first 5km and I was RUNNINGAS HARD AS I COULD! People had finished the 10km before I had finished 5!

So....for your first 5 km you need to pick one that also has a 'walk' section! You need to enter the run as run/walkers always have to enter the run. It is also a good idea if the race has a number of longer distances, you might get a 5 and 10 km race taking place at the same time, and there is a walk section for 5km. That kind of set up would be ideal as you would not have to worry about being last or far far worse, one solitary person waiting for you with a stopwatch...it happened to me once.....

However there are lots of these kinds of fun runs about. Keep your eyes open and go for it.

By the way, don't look at the records for the over 50's ...its way too depressing! They are FAST!

Auto
Old 06-03-2015, 04:13 AM   #103  

i am so lazy . don't like run .
clairelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:24 AM   #104  
Call me NNS!

Chubabub - It's quite amazing the difference between abilities and experience in this thread. Sometimes its overwhelming, but it's also really motivating!

I'm not sure what I said that sounded like I run a 5K often LOL Maybe once a week! I'm at about 10 miles a week right now. I started Couch to 5K in February, though, so it's pretty cool to see how far I've come since then and you will make progress, too!

I have to agree with autodidact about looking at records of the 50+ runners. Holy cow. They have been some of the fastest in both races I've done! You won't be the last one, trust me.

The 22 min run will be hard, but remember, you already did 20 min! Once you get to 20 min, you'll only have two minutes left!

---

Haven't run since Sunday. My schedule and this weather is all out of whack. I think it was someone here who said no more than two days in a row, no more than two days off, and I rather like that "rule." So, gym bag is in my car, ready to go after work.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:07 AM   #105  
Call me NNS!

I ran 4 miles yesterday! FOUR! So very happy as I hadn't run longer than a 5K before this. I took a long walking/sitting break halfway and thankfully the way back was into the wind.

Having issues with my breasts being sore though. I guess the sports bra I bought isn't nearly as good as I thought it was... sigh.