Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 03:10 PM   #1  
comeback member

Default Pilates for newbie ! Help!

Hi guys,

I really want to buy a beginner Pilates video-DVD but have no clue wich one to choose! I really need help form you guys!

Thanks!

Sacha
Old 08-08-2003, 07:35 AM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi Sacha!

I have the Pilates for Dummies tape and I am finding it to be a good workout for beginners.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:04 PM   #3  
Healthy and Positive!

Hi! I have the Denise Austin one and like it very much. As with all of her stuff, it's very motivating and not as difficult as some I've seen. Hope that helps!

Good luck,
Crystal
Old 08-11-2003, 07:11 PM   #4  

Try Stott Pilates. They give good instructions and your can get beginner, intermediate and advanced - depending on your level. You can generally get them at your library.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:32 PM   #5  

I have windsor pilates which is a good workout, but a lot of the moves are still difficult for me because I think it's more of a "toning" thing than weight loss. They expect people to be at least somewhat thin already. (I'm 185)

Yesterday I bought another one called "Pilates conditioning for weight loss" it is the deluxe dvd edition which has 3 Workout levels and includes a section of "beginner modifications." I have only done it once so far (about to do it for a second time now!) and it was a lot easier to follow. Another thing I liked about it is that there isn't a lot of rambling/chatter going on. After the first few minutes it's strictly narrating exercises. Of course, that's a personal preference. I just get annoyed when I'm trying to get a workout but they wont stop talking!

So far I really enjoy pilates, but I am combining it with aerobic exercise as well because I don't feel like I'm sweating enough to call it a real workout, although it does leave you sore!

Good luck.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:37 PM   #6  
deleted2

I think that "Pilates for Dummies" is ideal for beginners!

Old 08-27-2003, 01:10 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

I use the Windsor, I have the 20 minute workout which is good, I got suckered into the Bun and Thigh and Ab, which are good as well. I was doing pilates on the machines (when I was able to work a trade with my instructor to do her books) I couldn't afford it, but if you can take advantage of the machines, it the only workout that I haven't minded doing. I didn't lose weight, but I REALLY toned and got stronger and felt great.
-rb
Old 08-29-2003, 11:57 PM   #8  

I just bought DENISE AUSTIN,POWER YOGA PLUS which is supposed to be a mix of yoga and pilates workouts for all fitness levels... ( on ebay) I'm waiting to get it still..
Right now I'm doing TaeBo.. but I get annoyed sometimes because of all the yelling from one of Billy Blank's "helpers.. I wanna tell her to shut up sometimes.
Closed Thread