Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-02-2015, 07:54 AM   #1  
Queen of Conundrums

S/C/G: 165/150/117

Height: 5'4"

Default Bloating After Long Cardio Workouts

Hey guys,

This weekend has been quite a successful weekend for me workout wise.
I hit the elliptical both days, for 3 hours (broken up into 1hr 40min, rest 45 min, and then back to the machine for the rest) and 2 hours and 40 minutes the second day.
I also did a fair amount of scrubbing down the kitchen, and then a good 3.5 mile walk with the dogs both days.

My step totals were 40,300 and 37,700 for Saturday and Sunday respectively.

I am feeling really great that I managed all that work, however my thighs and feeling the exact opposite.
I woke up and my lower body was feeling quite bloated.. I thought it might have been me being my self-conscious self, so I stepped on the scale and my weight was up 2.5lbs between this morning and yesterdays weigh in.

I was wondering if anyone has any remedies to help with bloating in body parts that aren't the standard 'belly-bloat'? Especially when it is likely due to over exercising muscles that aren't used to that level yet?

All suggestions and welcomed and appreciated! <3
Halloween_Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:25 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

When we exercise a lot we retain water in our muscles, that's sounds like what happened to you... Drink water before, during and after workouts and inbetween too...

Keep doing what you're doing and the scale will eventually drop...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote