Becoming therapeutic!

• So I've been working into exercise slowly - I started off with nothing, just changing my diet. Then cardio 2-3 times a week, then cardio and strength training 2-3 times a week, then both 3-5 times a week. It's taken me awhile to go through these steps, but from my last few sessions, I noticed I'm really starting to like this! Exercise used to be a drag for me, like a necessary evil, and after awhile I would bear through it okay. But now it's really a part of my day I look forward to! If I don't feel my muscles burning a bit, I go a bit slower precisely so I can feel it's effective. I always heard people saying that muscle pain is the best pain and I thought it was kind of a "say it until you believe it" thing, but it's really true! It feels like you're making a difference.

A friend of mine lost a lot of weight recently doing rugby, and he said he's a bit addicted to exercise now. I would've probably judged him as vain for that a few months ago, but now, do I agree! It's a great part of my day, especially when I'm only working or studying at a desk otherwise.

Anyone else feeling this same change? (: What's your experience?
  • Oh yeah, that's me. If you'd have told me 5 years ago that one day my idea of a perfect Sunday would be running for over an hour and that I'd be a complete b!#€h when I don't get to exercise, I would've asked you what have you been smoking.

For me, going to exercise after work feels like getting to go play after school. I can't wait.
  • That's great! I used to absolute HATE exercise, but now I really enjoy my hikes and gym time. Don't get me wrong, I still have my days where it's a drag--but I know that it's good for me.
  • I have heard many people with similar stories. Once they start a exercising they can't stop. I think it is probably because you are finally making your body happy!
  • This sounds like it will be a lot of fun when I finally get to start. I have never really liked to exercise either but I have a plan I am going to start as soon as we are done moving to the new house. I will post again on how I feel when I start.