Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Kundalini Yoga: Thyroid, adrenals, addictions, weight loss!

Hello,

I joined this site about a week and a half ago. This has been a great week so far.

I have NEVER done yoga. In fact, I didn't get it. I thought it was mostly about stretching, and certainly not to get in shape or lose weight.

About 6 weeks ago I bought a couple of "Kundalini Yoga" DVD's because it was a suggestion from a holistic practitioner as a way to help heal my thyroid. I wasn't really committed to it and was only doing it a couple of times a week, then I stopped, and started binge eating. Because I was so discouraged and didn't know what to do, I joined this site!

Starting on Monday, Nov. 3, I decided to commit to doing these workouts at least Monday through Friday. This is day 4. One thing that helps is I am going to bed early so I get enough rest and WANT to get up in the morning. I probably cannot say enough about Kundalini Yoga, so I would recommend checking online. The trainer's names are Ana Brett and Ravi Singh. I simply went to Amazon and found it. I liked what I read and decided to try it.

One of the DVD's is called "Fat Free". It focuses on weight loss. The other is a beginner's yoga and meditation. I rotate each day. But each one focuses on internal organs, like adrenals, kidneys, thyroid, as well as other amazing movements. I love the "Fat Free" one because they have exercises that they call "No impact aerobics". They focus on certain breathing techniques paired with certain movements, which apparently help burn calories more than regular aerobics. There are abdominal moves, leg strengthening, core movements, arm exercises, quiet meditation in between movements, and the music is wonderful!

Anyway, it is working for me. I haven't weighed myself this week, but I don't expect to lose any weight in just a few days. Friday's will be my weekly "weigh day" so we'll see. I'm also eating healthier and counting calories, so I know I will eventually see some weight loss. For now, I am feeling so good inside and out!
AshliRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:55 PM   #2  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Okay first of all i admit i haven't really done any other kind of yoga but kundalini. I responded on the 30 DS but just wanted to second your shout out to Ravi and Ana's Kundalini yoga videos.The best one in my view is the Fat-Free one you have but i also have a couple of others including the Yoga Quick Fixes one and the Warrior Workout... You definitely picked a good one.

I don't know that they helped me personally with any health issues, but i do know i had really good weigh ins, measuring days, and diet compliance in those days i was doing them. Maybe i'll dust off my copy and start doing them again in the evenings before bed.

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 11-06-2014 at 02:02 PM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Hello toastedsmoke,

Awesome! Please let me know if you start doing them again. I'm excited to hear you had good results with Kundalini Yoga. That is very encouraging to me! Thanks for sharing!
AshliRose is offline   Reply With Quote