Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-09-2014, 10:45 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

nishita - Nice job getting that extra walk in

Aunty Jam - Hang in there girl, for me progress is a never ending up and down, so I hear ya. Just have to keep looking forward.

Steelslady - Nice to hear from you! Check out that schedule, you are killin' it.

I'm so loving hearing from you guys, you don't know how motivating it is.

I ended up busy all day yesterday, and by the time I got home I was so wiped that I knew my workout would be garbage..so I skipped it. But today was a scheduled rest day, so I just flipped the days on the schedule and got the work out in today instead. Gotta keep up-to-date.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:57 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 161/159/141

Height: 5'2''

Sorry I've been out of touch!
I got my mp3 player back so that means I've been walking for 1 hour every day this past week. Exercising is so much easier with music! I haven't done any pilates yet, though.

xRiotGirl: Well done!

Last edited by bepretty; 09-10-2014 at 06:58 PM.
bepretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #48  

^Woooo! I love my music, so I empathize! Glad you've got that to enjoy gettin' your moves on.

Chalene killed me today, alternating cardio intervals and strength intervals. Owwiie. then Followed by 10 mins of non stop ab work - cardio blasts days are KILLER. But, I burned around 500 cals, so really how can I complain?

Keep it up ladies! I'd love to hear how you all are doing!
Old 09-12-2014, 10:21 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 85/83/60 kgs

Height: 5'5"

I've stuck to my exercise plan from Mon to Fri, but not had time for stretching cool down.
Have not been able to control the overeating.
nishita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:34 AM   #50  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bepretty View Post
Sorry I've been out of touch!
I got my mp3 player back so that means I've been walking for 1 hour every day this past week. Exercising is so much easier with music! I haven't done any pilates yet, though.

xRiotGirl: Well done!
I love to exercise with my music! I have an Ipod that I bring with me to Planet Fitness- it really helps me when I'm on the treadmill. I also have a tablet- my daughter keeps telling me to bring it so I can watch movies or shows while on the treadmill. I'm too chicken, as I am afraid I would try to play Pet Rescue Saga or Candy Crush while I'm on there and go flying off! Seriously, though, I use my tablet to listen to my music on You Tube with nine thousand playlists I've made to ride my recumbent bike, and the next thing I know, a half of an hour goes by! I'd be lost without my music- glad you got your mp3 player back! Keep up the awesome work- walking is a great exercise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRiotGirl View Post
^Woooo! I love my music, so I empathize! Glad you've got that to enjoy gettin' your moves on.

Chalene killed me today, alternating cardio intervals and strength intervals. Owwiie. then Followed by 10 mins of non stop ab work - cardio blasts days are KILLER. But, I burned around 500 cals, so really how can I complain?

Keep it up ladies! I'd love to hear how you all are doing!
Oh, man, I hope to some day be at your level, lol. Great job, riot, you're motivating me! I have a long way to go, but I am having fun with the exercising that I am doing thank goodness. Although, Planet Fitness is kicking my butt with sore thighs this past week, LOL!!!!! Keep going, my friend! We're doing great for the month of September- woohoo!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishita View Post
I've stuck to my exercise plan from Mon to Fri, but not had time for stretching cool down.
Have not been able to control the overeating.
I don't really cool down too much, except for on the treadmill- had no choice, lol!

That's awesome that you stuck to your plant- GREAT JOB!!!! Keep up the great work!

As far as overeating goes- funny, but this time of year I usually get the hungries. The cooler it gets, my appetite goes up for a few weeks, then settles back down. I read somewhere online that this is a very common occurrence in a lot of people, it's the body's way of trying to store up for the winter months. When I go through this, I have plenty of low fat string cheese and Blue Diamond Smokehouse almonds and Blue Diamond Dark Chocolate Almonds ( a new flavor that tastes great, and satisfies my sweet tooth- woohoo!) during this time of year especially. It drives me crazy, lol!

As far as my exercising goes, here's what I've done since I last posted:

Tuesday, Sept. 9th-
recumbent bike- 1 hour and 2 minutes, broken up into two sessions

Wednesday, Sept. 10th-

recumbent bike- 1 hour and 13 minutes, just one session. Tuesday and Wednesday, I started my fall cleaning. While I managed to get some exercise in, it wasn't the amount that I had hoped for. Oh, well.

Thursday, Sept. 11th-

Planet Fitness- did a mile and a half on the treadmill.
strength training for 45 minutes
did my own version of water aerobics in the pool for one hour
recumbent bike for 32 minutes

Friday, Sept. 12-
recumbent bike for one hour and 1 minute
more fall cleaning today, so not too much exercise done today in terms of motion. thank goodness for the recumbent bike, lol!

Keep going, ladies, we're all doing great!!!!!!
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:41 PM   #51  

nishita - Nice job keeping up with your workouts! I know for a lot of people, myself included, when eating goes out the window it is easier to slip on fitness as well..it's that 'all or nothing' attitude. But it is awesome that you have continued to keep active ) Don't sweat overeating too much...we ALL do it! I think it's good for us, in a way , to take a break!

Steelslady - Wow. Honestly, I can't believe someone is so motivated by little ol' me, lol. That makes me so happy, and it makes me just want to work even harder. Thank you so much. Keep up the good work, you are seriously killing it!!

Argghhh, I missed my workout again! To be fair, I had a really rough day at work and my sister made last-minute plans to hang out, and I haven't hung out with her in a while. It was really what I needed, as much as I love my workouts. I needed my family and delicious food! Tonight I am going to double up and keep on track. Need to not make a habit of this though! lol

Can youguys believe we are half way through September already?? Wiggity what?
Old 09-17-2014, 10:09 AM   #52  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

xRiotgirl how's Chalene Extreme?! I was supposed to start at the beginning of the month but I didn't and I've been putting it off because I'm ascared!!! I have been working out though or at least I was before my trip last week. I'll be updating my initial post on the 1st page with exactly what I've been doing.

I'm not sure I'm going to be doing Chalene Extreme this month anymore. But my goal is to work out 4 times a week at least and hit the 550 total workout minutes mark by September 30. If I can do that, I'll be super excited!!!!

Well done everyone getting your workouts in! Let's push to the end of the month.

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 09-17-2014 at 12:35 PM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:44 PM   #53  

xRiotGirl - It's really nice that you enjoy your workouts.

As for me, age is catching up with me and some knee and foot pain slowing me down.
I missed my Mon & Tue workout. Back on track on Wed.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:35 AM   #54  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Well I managed to run 3x last week and even snuck in an additional work out. However this week I haven't done a thing... well, I did agility with my dog on tuesday which amounts to a certain amount of running. My husband has been working out of town and as a result I'm not sleeping well, so I was exhausted yesterday and when he called any half hearted plans for a run went right out the window. He's coming home today and probably won't be working out of town any more (at least on this crappy job). So I'm hoping he won't take offense when I leave to go for a run tonight. I've got to start taking this much more seriously.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:30 PM   #55  

toastedsmoke - I love it. I've been at it not quite 3 full weeks and I see so many results. And I'm only lifting with 8 pounds!! I was scared too, but it really isn't bad at all. The moves are simple and, yes, very effective. Also, the workouts aren't super long, so it is hard to come up with an excuse out of it.. haha

Nishita & Aunty Jam - You guys are awesome. Your determination is so motivating to me, and really it doesn't matter whether you are 100% perfect to your plan. You guys are still making efforts to be fit, that is what is so important. It all starts in our heads!

I've had a rough, rough week at work. I only missed one workout (because I was called into work just as I was starting it..) but I made it up the next day. I have yet to fall behind, thank goodness..

Only a week and a half left in the month! Hard to believe!
Old 09-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #56  
Gotta run!

Riot girl you're so sweet! LoL Thanks, you're motivating me too

I got my run in yesterday First one of the week but I'm planning more. Can't believe the month is more than half over!
Old 09-19-2014, 04:36 PM   #57  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

I will try to update my recent exercise in the past few days tonight. I'm so busy exercising, I don't have time for the internet lately, lol!

So proud of everyone working hard on their exercise- keep going!

nishita- I, too, have a hard time some days with my knee and heel (both on the right leg). those are the days that I do some chair exercises and I'm starting to look into doing some chair yoga exercises that I've found on the internet- nothing that involves the legs. Maybe this could be an option for you, when the knee and heel hurts? I use my stretchy bands and work out my arms, along with arm weights. Waist twists in a chair with a broom that I hold behind my shoulders. Stuff like that that at least has me exercising without the pain or strain on the knee and heel! I hope you feel better soon! I also alternate ice/heating pad when one or both act up- brings some relief!

xriotgirl- love your motivation and determination- it truly is helping me stay focused and exercising. It's nice to have a buddy nudging you along online. My kids have been great, going to Planet Fitness and swimming with me. I didn't ask them to, but they signed up for memberships at PF and one or the other, or both (like today) go with me. We really do motivate one another! We go swimming afterwards at the pool we have a membership (at a local hotel). Best part is they have a hot tub- feels great after PF, LOL!!!!!!

Aunty Jam- awesome job on the running- keep it up! Very motivating to see you and others plodding on this month, getting healthy every day! Wish I could run, but I improvise and do things that is ok for my knee, such as water aerobics, to which I walk/run/jog in the pool (doesn't hurt my knee to run in water!). I love it and thank goodness, no pain after a work out! I agree with you, September is half way over, but look at all of our progress! I just changed my ticker to a five pound loss- it's paying off- woohoo!

Have a great night, everyone, and keep going! We're doing awesome!!!!!
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:54 PM   #58  

Steelslady - Thanks for the tips. I'll look into the stretchy bands soon. Congrats on the 5 pound weight loss. You're doing awesome!

xRiotGirl - Wow! That is commitment! And it is sure rubbing off on me. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:54 PM   #59  
Amanda

S/C/G: 240/236/140

Well the month is almost over so I will just post what I do each day... hopefully that is okay??

Today I rode my bike 2 miles... and walked around doing winterization in my garden for 3 years (raking, moving manure etc)
jasmtnljj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #60  
Gotta run!

Steelslady - Thanks!

I only got 2 work outs in last week but I'm going to aim for more this week. I was having an awesome run on saturday until my husband called me, I use my iphone to track my runs and I thought the app I was using would pause when my phone rang (like another one that I have does) but it didn't! We were talking and next thing I know I hear my app give me instructions in the background and I'm like "Uh hun.. sorry but I've got to go..." LoL He didn't mind.