Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-18-2014, 07:36 PM   #1  

Question Online personal trainers?

I'm looking for an online personal trainer. Mainly for

- exercise plan/insight
- accountability
- Q&A

I don't really need a service for counting calories specifically - I already have a site for that. What I'd like to do is have someone outline a training program, check on my results periodically, answer questions, etc. And of course yell at me if I slack off :-)

So one a weekly basis, something like

- here is your exercise plan for the week, based specifically for you
- here is your caloric budget
- here is other advice
- report back

Any recommendations? I'm concerned that some of the sites I've looked at might be nothing more than automated programs with some junior guru typing cut/paste phrases.

I'm attracted to online training because I have a crazy work schedule and travel frequently, so my exercise options are limited to bodyweight exercises, jogging, etc.
raindog308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

The gym I'm at offers personal training remotely if I'm not mistaken. I don't know if that's a common thing with local facilities, but if you're interested I can get you their information to check out. It's not a typical "gym" where people go to just jump on machines for X amount of time. This place focuses on personal training and nutrition counseling with group exercise thrown in for variety.

Anyway, if you're interested let me know
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:19 AM   #3  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Gym Free Fitness is run by a guy I used to work out with. I used to go to his boot camp class until my job didn't allow me to do that anymore (i.e., my hours didn't match his class times). He's really good. Even when all he had was his boot camp business, he'd design personal workouts for people who were travelling and couldn't get to class.

I haven't done his Gym Free Fitness, (working out at home just doesn't always work for me) but it may be just what you're looking for. Check it out!

Last edited by twinieten; 08-23-2014 at 07:21 AM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:32 PM   #4  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I didnt know there was a such a thing as Online Personal Trainers
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote