Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2001, 11:05 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 170/154/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Debbie and Kermit...

Debbie,
You sound great yourself today! About the paragraphs...remember to click 2x (hit your enter keey 2x so that you have a double space) This is how u make the paragraphs! I wish I could jump right over there and show u. I just have to laugh but honestly, I have NO right too cause it took me the longest time to learn how to cut and paste on my puter!!! LOL

Kermit,
Get one of those $10 clip on fans and clip it to the handle of your treadmill. This does wonders!!! AIR in your face...nothing feels better when u r sweating the weight off!

I am going away this weekend so I wont be posting. Tommorow will be the last time till monday! I will miss u guys but I promise to be good!

Take care....hugs, Sherrie
Old 04-06-2001, 12:06 PM   #47  

Hi Skinnysherrie and Kermit and Cris and Danielle,

Thanks Sherrie. I was double spacing with my space bar-not the enter key.... Have a grand weekend! We'll miss you. I didn't get to exercise yesterday. What a day! What a week! I kept thinking of you -with 3 kids and you are exercising! But it is hard to exercise in a car... and I feel as if I've been connected to mine! Today is a new day. I'll hit the computer, then exercise... dishes and vacuuming will have to wait. I will be more energetic if I do it that way.... Thanks for all your encouragement-your own perseverance is inspiring!!!!

Kermit, I was rereading your post and I thought about balance being so important. We all need a social life and we need to meet all our obligations and we need to exercise and eat well.... some days it's overwhelming to me, how about you? I guess if I didn't feel like I have to learn how to cook all over again....... I need to learn to make a million delicious vegetables so that we would actually eat what we need in that department!

HI to Danielle and Cris
Old 04-06-2001, 05:22 PM   #48  

Default Debbie...

I have said it before and I will say it again...You are an I am so happy that I found this board and all of you wonderful buddies. Together we will meet our goals!

I was thinking about what you said Debbie. Sometimes I do feel overwelmed having a house to clean, dinner to make, laundry, dishes, showers for the kids, homework. (gosh, I am making myself tired but since I started exercising to try to get healthy and be energetic for my kids and myself, I have decided that some of my chores have to wait cause my health and happiness has to come 1st if I want to make others happy and finish everything I have to do. (WOW! What a revalation!)

Think about that buddies and make a committment today for YOU. (even if its only for 1 hr. each day) You can do ALOT for yourself in 1hr. Be good and have a great weekend ALL of you. :hugs: Sherrie
Old 04-11-2001, 04:28 PM   #49  
Mom on the Move!!

Default I'm back from NC

Hi Everyone!

I'm back from my trip to NC, it was a good trip, I didn't get to see many friends at all but the few I did see I had a good time with. And I didn't have to worry about juggling all of my friends and family to try and even time spent with everyone, so that was nice.

I realized while I was back home ONE of the reason's I gained so much weight to begin with...mom went through almost a whole 5lb tub of country crock butter in the 6 days I was there!! she used it on everything and the food was wonderful, but atleast now I know. I didn't eat well at all, although when I did eat I tried to keep the portion's smaller, and not go back for second's, which was really really hard with mom's good southern cookin!! lol I didn't exercise other than doing a bunch of running around and shopping lol but I only gained 2lbs so that wasn't too bad. The day I left I weighed in because my goal was to get to 210 before I left for NC, and I was at 211 so I was pretty happy, now I'm at 213 again, so I'm confident the decission's I made in NC weren't too bad :0)

Anyhow, I hope that everyone is feeling better I know that some of you gal's have been sick, or have had sick kid's and I know how tough that is. Congrat's to all the "loosers" out there, and those who gained...it's ok your body is still getting healthier with all of the work your doing to take the pounds off :0) Those who maintained, great job!!

I do have some good new's to share with you...while I was on vacation mom convienced me to buy these black short-all's (overall's only in shorts) at the thrift store, and since the price was only 2.00 I went ahead and bought them, although I didn't think they would fit because they are a size 18. However!!!! :0) I've worn them 3 times and it feels great!! When i started I should've been in a size 24 I'm sure I just refused to buy bigger than 22. So I'm pretty happy about that :0) I can't wait to get back into the swing of things with my exercise routine & healthier eating :0) Hope everyone is doing well, sorry this got a bit long winded.
Cris
219/213/150
Old 04-11-2001, 05:46 PM   #50  

Hi all!

Cris, Sounds like you had a marvelous time. I know what you mean about southern cooking. My mom's family was from the south..... green beans with bacon, biscuits and gravy.. although I never really liked biscuits and gravy as a child. Why do they taste good now? I have learned to make lower fat gravy, and we don't eat it very often. Cool about the shorts.... aren't you proud of yourself!! Sounds like you did a good job with your eating. Isn't it wonderful to know that sometimes everyone overeats a bit in certain circumstances and that it is o.k. I used to beat myself up..instead of picking myself up and eating healthier when the visit or whatever was over. Sounds lilke you are doing just wonderfully! Good for you!!!

Skinnysherrie, Where are you? Have you shrunk to nothingness?

I had a really hectic week last week. This one has started off pretty much the same. I have been able to walk outside in the evening though. And I was soo proud of myself when I was tempted to really overeat because I was really tired, but I didn't. Instead I actually realized that what I really needed was water- I had been so busy I don't think I had had any! And I only "stress ate" a very small amount! I feel like I have so much better of an attitude about food anymore. Someone, somewhere on this website said if I have a problem and I overeat, then I have 2 problems. I have tried to take that to heart.

Bye
Old 04-12-2001, 12:08 AM   #51  

Default Debbie...my buddy!

I have missed you very much I was wondering where you were! You havent posted much.

I went to Nags Head, N.C. this past weekend! (no kids) There were 2 other couples with us. I had such a peaceful, carefree, relaxing unstressfull time....I felt like I had gone to heaven Dont get me wrong, I love my kids to death but hubby and I have NEVER had time to ourselves and we did then. ( we have been married almost 6 yrs.) Now, I am homesick for another weekend...LOL

I jumped right back on the diet and exercising when I got home! I am very proud of that!!!

Debbie, I just wanted to tell you....someone called me "skinnysherrie" this weekend and I almost fell to the floor! They of course didnt know why! I do have a way to go from my goal, whether y'all believe it or not . I have come this far and I will NOT give up.

I have a question before I go....why is it so hard when you have lost weight to accept it when someone tells you that you look good? I have always had this problem but I have never had this much success! I blame it all on my buddies cause y'all ALL keep me in line!!!!

Again...saying "skinnysherrie" boosts my confidence. Thank you for being my internet friend!

****big hugs******Sherrie
Old 04-12-2001, 11:11 AM   #52  
Mom on the Move!!

Thumbs down Hi Gettin Support & Skinney Sherrie!

Debbie,
I think it all has to do with growing up eating something and getting tired of it. Me and mom were talking about that on the way to the beach, I grew up eating kraft mayo so now (or before atleast) we ate Miricle whip. Mom grew up eating Mir. Whip and so did dad and now they eat Kraft lol I love and always have loved biscuits and gravy...I try to avoid them because I have no control, there is no such thing as smaller portions with that for me lol

Sherrie,
Glad you and your hubby and the other couples had a good time at Nags Head, and wow the whole weekend without any kids WOOO HOOO!! :0) We're very proud of you for jumping right back into exercising and eating better as well, it's hard after getting back, I got back late Monday night and today is the first day that I feel like doing anything, yet at the same time I'm like ohhh it feels sooo good not to exercise. Funny because I know I feel even better when i exercise lol I think the reason that some people have a hard time accepting their new looks after maintaining is because they could be afraid that if they acknowledge it that it will stop. I'm like that a little bit. My friend that has lost 65lbs still has complaints too so I guess it's normal :0) I think weight loss buddies are the greatest thing!!

Cris
219/213/150

Last edited by MommaCristy; 04-12-2001 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-12-2001, 01:00 PM   #53  

Hi Cris and Skinnysherrie,

Sherrie, I'm so glad you had a good weeekend. I know what you mean about loving your kids but wanting time with your hubby. My kids are grown, but sometimes when they are here alot and my husband and I have no time alone....it is not good! My favorite thing to do is to go away with him -where we know NO ONE!
I'm glad your right back to eating right. Sometimes it is hard to get back in the swing of it! About not being able to accept that you look good..... tough, isn't it? Maybe we all need to practice accepting compliments. Sometimes, I think it is just ackward because we are not used to it... or we think don't deserve a compliment because we don't have a perfect body (society can be pretty harsh in terms of perfect bodies)...... maybe we feel like a fairy tale princess and if we graciously accept we will find it all a dream ..... So Skinnysherrie, your assignment for the day is to practice saying "Skinnysherrie, you are looking really good these days!" Then answer "why, thank you!"

Cris, I make my gravy with turkey sausage and drain it really well. Then I thicken it with cornstarch instead of flour and fat. I just use my old recipe and make those adjustments. One of my cookbooks uses no fat mayo for pie crusts. I haven't tried that yet, but I did put it in brownies... they weren't bad at all. Anyway I was wondering if you could use that in biscuits..nice tangy taste. Do you think it's worth a try?

Today, I feel like I have been cooking all day! My daughter is pregnant and can't stand the smell of food! I'm making stuff for her. She has been really sick and that is why my life has been more hectic than usual. My grandson has been here alot. So, some days it was grab whatever. Normally when I know he's coming I have easy healthy stuff ready, but I wasn't anticipating all these visits. Then by the time he left I was really tired. Gee, a gradma not eating right with a 2 year old- why should I be tired? But I'm exercising again and actually I even started while he was coming because I realized that the only way I was gonna have the energy I needed to take care of him was to get outside and walk after he went home. Oh, the wonder of exercise.... isn't it amazing the more energy you use exercising, the more energy you have?

Bye!
Old 04-12-2001, 04:19 PM   #54  
Mom on the Move!!

Default Hi Debbie

When we make gravy we use butter, milk and flour. I'm sure it would taste just as good using my I can't believe it's not butter-light and skim milk for the milk part and we honestly only use very little flour, probably not even a tablespoon so I know how I could make it a little more towards the fat free side lol I just tried my first can of wheat biscuits yesterday, they are pilsbury grand wheat or something to that effect and they are actually really good, we usually get the better butter tastin ones but I have no self control with that kinda thing so I thought I'd grab a small can of those and honestly now that I'm trying to eat healthier for myself and my family they didn't taste too bad I was shocked I thought it would be one of those "diet" foods that you have to force down!! lol Anyhow, I'm gonna get going now kid's just got up from nap and one has a major MAJOR mal-function!!!
Cris
219/213/150
Old 04-13-2001, 12:38 AM   #55  

Default Thank-you...

Debbie! Your such an angel and an inspiration to me! I just really like coming on here and getting a message from you. I tried to practice saying that today but I never really knew how hard it was. I will try and get better though I was reading somewhere online about being obsessed with your weight! I think I am. Is this wrong and awful? I know it can turn into something bad but I dont think I have gotten there yet. I just want to feel good about myself...that is it!!!! I QWILL REACH MY GOAL>>>>
Old 04-17-2001, 10:36 AM   #56  

Hi all!
What a hectic last few days. I hadn't exercised for 5 days! My daughter was in and out of the hospital last week and we had our grandson. Then we decided to keep him overnight again so she could get some rest. He wanted mommy and daddy (probably cause of being separated with the hospital stay), so we didn't get much sleep. Today, I feel almost normal and we watched him 4 days ago. Last night I hit the treadmill for an hour. Boy, did it feel good!!!! But it was really hard to get going after being off for so long!
Skinnysherrie, how are you doing with your "why thank you" training?
Cris, Kermit and Danielle, HI!
Well, I better go. Maybe, I'll lift some weights!!
Old 04-19-2001, 01:34 PM   #57  

WHERE IS EVERYONE???????
Skinnysherrie, have you disappeared?
Cris, did the biscuit monster get you?
Danielle, Kermit???
Anybody here??
Old 04-19-2001, 03:02 PM   #58  

Default Hi...

I have been doing great! I had a real nice Easter too. How about all of you????

I must confess however that I ate candy from the baskets It was sooo good too. I also did not walk friday thru mon. Isn't that just awful???

The good news is that I did not gain any weight! I was really worried. Last week was also my visit with T.O.M. so I think that maybe the reason why I craved the chocolate.

Debbie...I havent had the chance to practice the "why thank-you" cause the people that I have been around recently have already seen me so they dont comment anymore. Maybe I should go visiting some old friends??? LOL

I wanted to let y'all know that I am back on track now and ready to lose this last 20lbs. Does anyone think the last is the hardest??? I sure do...

I am gonna make it

Bye for now my buddies...
Sherrie
170/128/110
Old 04-20-2001, 03:26 PM   #59  

Good afternoon everyone!
Skinnysherrie, I think that if no one is around (I wouldn't want people to wonder about your sanity), you should practice the "why, thank you" in the mirror! You should be really proud of yourself. You have come so far! And don't worry about the candy. Everyone eats candy. It is only when we eat candy to extremes that it is a problem. Or kick ourselves for eating it and then binge to make ourselves feel better because we are sooo down! As for the exercise, reality is that sometimes life is too hectic to take that time out to exercise. People are more important and sometimes their needs must come before exercise. And sometimes we are just plain tired of it! Everyone needs a break, we just can't become lazy! Just jump back in and start again when time allows. (I think I am talking to myself here also) . Have a good weekend!
Debbie
Old 04-24-2001, 01:31 PM   #60  

HI!
Just dropped in for a minute. No one seems to be posting, so I hope everyone is outside walking or otherwise enjoying good weather. Have a lovely day all!
Closed Thread