Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-19-2014, 02:36 PM   #16  
05/01/2023

S/C/G: 232.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'6"

I don't go to the gym and I work from home so I don't have to leave the house. That being said, I always plan on working out in the mornings but usually don't get around to it until the afternoon. It's 1:31 PM right now and I still haven't done my workout for the day. Actually, I didn't get out of bed until noon even though I set my alarm for 9 - I hate when I sleep through my alarm! I'll probably eat breakfast/lunch (brunch?) after I post this and then workout around 2:30 PM.
AllyG47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #17  
First Class Muncher

S/C/G: 240/204/140

Height: 5'7"

The best time to exercise is whenever you can. I prefer in the AM and if possible break up my exercise into multiple sessions. For most, I think our available time pushes us to a particular schedule.
NaughtyNibbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:38 AM   #18  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I cannot, will not, absolutely fail to get up early to workout. Once I finally admitted that it was OK to not be a morning person, I've come to love my evening workouts. It gets me out of the house and keeps me from sitting on the couch and snacking.

I do enjoy my "morning" workouts on the weekends (they happen closer to 11AM or noon!) because I find I have more energy, but I just can't do it during the week. No way no how.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:29 PM   #19  

Height: 5'4"

I workout when it fits my schedule and that changes often. Sometimes over my lunch hour works best for me & that will be my schedule for a while. Then evenings but that usually doesn't last long. Currently I'm trying morning workouts. I'll see how long I can keep the early ish mornings up and if I have to lax a bit, I'll change my work schedule. I'm tired of having something come up that interferes with my workouts so I'm really trying to having mornings work for me.
kidlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:02 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

I prefer mornings but lately I have just been trying to fit it in whenever.
hannahbeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:01 PM   #21  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

If I'm being completely honest, I don't like working out, regardless of time but I do it in the morning because otherwise, it doesn't happen for one reason or another.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:58 PM   #22  
Once + Future Skinny B***

S/C/G: 195/148.6/115

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
I cannot, will not, absolutely fail to get up early to workout. Once I finally admitted that it was OK to not be a morning person, I've come to love my evening workouts. It gets me out of the house and keeps me from sitting on the couch and snacking.

I do enjoy my "morning" workouts on the weekends (they happen closer to 11AM or noon!) because I find I have more energy, but I just can't do it during the week. No way no how.
This is so me, as well. I've tried so hard to made working out a morning thing, but it just. Doesn't. Happen. I will ALWAYS choose sleeping in over anything - including Sunday breakfast and shoe shopping - ESPECIALLY working out :/

I have found that I cannot work out until the rest of my day is done. I think it may be tied to my husband being deployed, and feeling guilty that I never get everything done for the day, so hopefully that changes when he gets back. I won't skip my workout save for the very rare I'm-so-exhausted-I-can't-keep-my-eyes-open night, so it's not uncommon for me to be up until 1AM finishing my workout and showering. It sucks, but I just can't do it until I know the kid is in bed and the dog is walked and the dishes are done.
futureformerfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:06 AM   #23  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

futureformerfisher it's like you're in my brain..."I cannot work out until the rest of my day is done" yes yes yes

I'm the same way. I try to work out after dinner most of the time, but if there is laundry or dishes to be done, or other errands, I have a hard time really focusing on working out. The whole time I'm thinking about what needs to be done, and that has at times caused me to do a shorter workout so that I can leave the gym early. I have to save it for last in order to do my best.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #24  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I always work out between 8pm and 10pm. Going to the gym in the mornings always leaves me way too hungry and pumped for the day and I hate it.
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:27 AM   #25  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I work 9-5 during the week, so I go to the gym in the morning. I rarely can get myself going early enough to *REALLY* tire myself out, but I also do IF and don't eat until 1 or 2 PM, so energy in the morning is limited.

On the rare occasions the weather's nice here, I sometimes will run after work along a bike path. On weekends when I have free time I like to go to the gym for ~2 hours around noontime.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:51 PM   #26  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

I tried to work out in the morning for a long time as it made scheduling the rest of the day easier, but I'm just not a morning person at all. I can motivate myself and perform much better in the evenings. I also feel super hungry during the day if I run in the morning.

My dance classes are typically in the 7-9pm timeframe. On non-dance days I usually work out a bit earlier, usually in the 430-630pm timeframe depending on the activity and when I get out of work. During monsoon season hiking must always be early in the morning though so I can get off the mountain before storms start up. That's usually in the 7am-12pm timeframe, depending on location and hike duration.
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 203/172/163

Height: 5'3"

I prefer to go in the morning because I feel more energy and more motivated. But I work until 6pm so I kinda have to force myself to go after work every other day. I'd love to go before work but I have 2 young kids and am a single parent. So since the gym kid care is not open early enough, I can't go in the morning when I want to. But Saturday mornings are reserved for the gym.
Start203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #28  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

I am also struggling with working out in the morning. I love working in the morning because I feel great all day but I hate getting up. The trick is to go to bed early, makes me feel like old, but that's the only way I can get up.
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:53 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
futureformerfisher it's like you're in my brain..."I cannot work out until the rest of my day is done" yes yes yes

I'm the same way. I try to work out after dinner most of the time, but if there is laundry or dishes to be done, or other errands, I have a hard time really focusing on working out. The whole time I'm thinking about what needs to be done, and that has at times caused me to do a shorter workout so that I can leave the gym early. I have to save it for last in order to do my best.
I agree with that too. I have no children, but I take care of a younger sibling and there is always stuff to do round this place. I sleep in currently because in about 2 weeks I go back to work. Once I am on my work schedule I work 9-4, arrive home drink ice water and diluted cranberry juice, and must sweep kitchen as I have dust allergy. Then I vacuum e/o days after work, then go workout for at least 1 hr at my local gym, then watch 8 o-clock-news, then go watch another TV series, then go to sleep and every day is like the same for me.........I wish I had a man in my life too. but I have a lot of responsibility so I dont know how I would fit him into my chore/diet/workand window shopping agenda???

1Bluerose68
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:59 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

I feel the same way too, if I workout at a gym too early my whole entire day feels amuck, like I have a bad case of Jetlag. I swam as a youth every morning and loved it, but had No responsibilities after I got home, as mom did everything, and our job was to steer clear of The kitchen. In college, I always planned my swim class at the end of my other classes every afternoon, so I had a clear mind for my difficult classes and the energy to even raise my hand to ask pertinant questions in class too...
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote