Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 09:43 PM   #151  

Smile Just getting back into Curves...

Went yesterday and again today for the first time since Spring. I didn't want to work out today and went anyways - glad I did - feel better. I can already feel my muscles just from 2 workouts.

When I joined Curves last year I could definitely tell that I was going - I felt great! I want to get back into that committment and feel good again - and see MY CURVES!!!

You girls all motivate me and if anyone wants a Curves buddy, I really need one!!

Thanks!

aprilbride04
Old 09-24-2003, 10:05 PM   #152  

aprilbride, There are many times that I just don't feel like going to Curves, but I make myself go. Once I'm there and get going, I'm soooo glad I went and I always feel so good after my workout! It's amazing what a difference that 30 minutes of exercising can make. So the bottom line here is: Go even if you don't feel like it. We will be glad we did!!!
Old 09-24-2003, 10:34 PM   #153  

Hello, Dahlings!

I've been out of touch for a couple of days because I had to have a little cyst removed from my right eyelid and have babied myself for a couple of days. Doesn't hurt too much now, but I have to put antibacterial ointment on it several times a day so I have taken the rest of the week off with sick time. I really don't have to but I can't put on eye makeup and just I don't leave home without it! Before you'all think I'm abnormally vain, I've gotta tell you that I'm of Danish stock and my eyebrows and eyelashes are blonde. So without makeup I have no FACE!!

I'll go to Curves tommorrow with my sunglasses on. Hee, hee!

The water thing is easier for me when I'm at work than on the weekends. Everytime I get up to use the bathroom I drink my glass of water down, and refill it on the way back to my desk. Because I'm drinking all that water, I'm assured to need a bathroom break several times a day. When I'm home for the weekend it's harder to keep up with it. But I see that it really makes a difference. When I get in my 8 glasses I find that I am up several times a night "disposing" of that day's liquids.

Thanks and love to all the regular posters here and a Big Welcome to the new posters. I find this site a great inspiration! If I can help anyone to be encouraged by my 45 lb weight loss since March,I'm also taking encouragement from you all to keep on working to attain my goal.

My assistant at work really needs to do something about her weight (seriously!). But I can only set an example and tell her how good I feel, healthier and stronger and more pleased with my new look, and hope I can inspire her. Hasn't happened yet, but I'll keep on trying. Subtally.

BTW, I find that I need to get a new driver's license because I don't look like my old picture any more! And that is so funny because since I started to gain weight I have always lied on my license applications. I started, when 32, to gain weight and for a long time kept claiming I was 135, but when I got to over 200 I claimed I was 170. That was as far as I was willing to go. So now I'm going to go back to DMV and say I've lost my license (Hey, I Haven't minded lying up till now!) and get a new one that reflects how I really look now.

Thanks for letting me go on and on about myself! But that's what this thread is all about, right?

Later, Lynda
Old 09-26-2003, 09:23 AM   #154  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone,

well has everyone did their 3 times this week at curves. I am going this morning so I can get in my three. Even after next two times going I can already tell the difference.

I was wondering what does everyone do on the recovery stations: the first cuircuit I walk/jog, the second I twist and the third i use it like a step. So what do you do?

bev
Old 09-26-2003, 10:39 AM   #155  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry A Good Moning to you!

A very GOOD morning gang! Have you ladies missed me I sure have missed all of you!!! The last two days have been so sad with the funeral services, but I must say... the workouts have keep me from getting too far down in the dumps. The ladies there are so supportive @ Curves... it's absolutely wonderful. I come home with such a high!

Yes BEV... Even with the funeral services I was at my workouts first; then would come home & get ready to go to the church. I just cannot see my Mon - Wed - & Friday's coming & going now without beginning them @ Curves! The owner, Sue, is so sweet and caring. She has over 200 sign-ups already!!! They have only been open two weeks!!! Can you believe it! Told you, people were really wanting a Curves here. Sue told us this morning that she is going to order another machine already (!) - machine #9 and then in three weeks she'll order machine #10. She told us that there are 13 machines all together and one day would like to have all 13 there... that would be so cool .

Hi LYNDA, you are too cute! I enjoy your posts and especially the saying at the bottom of yor post --- "...where would you put everything if you had it all???" Too funny but so very true!

APRIL ~ WELCOME! So good to hear that you have gone back to Curves... me, I just can't imagine not going now

PRECIOUS ~ I was like that this morning! So tired after going & going the last two days. But went anyway... (wanted to see my new friends too!) and once I got thru those doors and saw my new firends and heard the music, I was ready to get going! My neighbor joined today I haven't seen any weight loss yet, but do see a huge difference in my body shape and in my clothes --- yeah!

Hello KARI & FERN! WELCOME!!

Hi ROSIEE --- Hello GAYLE! --- Hi ANDRIA!

"Thank you" ~ ALL~ for your Well-Wishes... it meant allot to me

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-26-2003 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:50 PM   #156  

Hi gang!!

Well, I got my 3 times in this week...first week back and I am feeling great!!! I am leaving to go up north to my cabin but I am going to try and get some long walks in Sat and Sun.

BEV - When I am on the recovery stations it kind of depends on how much energy I have - I usually just jog but when I get some bursts of energy I might do some jumping jacks or punches in the air with my jogs. I think that it just matters that you keep moving and the faster you move the more calories you will burn.

You all really inspired me to keep at it this week. I really think that the first week back is the hardest and now I am starting to feel the "urge to work out" that I get after a few workout sessions and eating better already!!

Talk to you girls SUnday!!
Old 09-26-2003, 07:05 PM   #157  
~ Berry Happy ~

Question Question

Today at Curves, I noticed that my heart rate was up. I think the chart says for someone my age, it should be right around 25 - 28 for the ten second count.

When I did it today, it stayed around 30. One of the ladies who worked there was asking everyone what their rates were, and I told her 30. She didn't say much about it...but my question is...

When I notice my heart rate is elevated, should I slow down on the recovery stations?

Normally I just march in place on the stations, but I do it at a quick pace. Should I slow down while on the stations?

I've only been at Curves for a week, and I'd imagine my body is wondering what I am doing to it...lol. I'm thinking maybe I just have to get adjusted back into working out again. Who knows...lol.

~ Kari ~
Old 09-26-2003, 07:21 PM   #158  

You should definitely slow down on the recovery stations when your heart rate is elevated. When my heart rate is up, I do arm stretches or "twists" at the waist. According to the Curves mentor, who visits all new Curves locations when they first open, you want to give the machines all you've got; that is where the work-out benefits come from...the machines. The harder you work the machines, the better. Also, the stretches after each work-out is important because, if you skip that part, you lose about 40% of the benefit of your work-out. Hope my input helps some!
Old 09-26-2003, 07:30 PM   #159  
~ Berry Happy ~

Default Stretching...

Wow! I never knew that the stretching was that important! I always leave right after my work out, I never stay for the stretches....I am DEFINATLY going to stay now...thanks for letting me know!
Old 09-27-2003, 09:24 AM   #160  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

apreciousone, thanks for the info about stretching. I know most leave without stretching. I stretched just because I have plaantar fascitis and if I don't my feet will hurt.

thanks again
Old 09-27-2003, 09:41 AM   #161  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry A Good Saturday morning gang!

YES! I sure found out how important stretching was that first week. I felt like a giant knot by the second workout and now stay after with my new friends and we all take the 10 to 15 minutes to stretch & breathe. But I also found out that you should be very careful not to OVER-stretch! I pulled the muscle in my lower back-left side that lasted over the whole weekend last weekend... was bumming out because I was so looking forward to going back to Curves on Monday. It all worked out and I was fine on Mon. But now I stretch carefully and take the time to do it correctly. I even get home and take another 10 min. or so (I only live 3 min. away from Curves )

Like your pic KARI... you are a Cutie-pie... did you just put it on? Don't remember seeing it before.

I wish we all had pics - love seeing what you look like - makes it so much more personable.
Old 09-27-2003, 10:02 AM   #162  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

Hi all,

Just got back from my workout. First time since last Saturday! Thought it would be worse, but it really wasn't. There is a reason I skipped this week. My insurance company reimburses me for every 13 consecutive weeks by the calendar year. Because I started in August, I would not have gotten reimbursed for Nov & Dec. I know that these are my toughest months and I didn't want any reasons not to do at least 3x per week, so now I have to go 3x every week through the end of the year to get reimbursed.

I can't believe how much this thread has grown. I've lost track of everyone.

Sunny - sorry I didn't get in here to give my condolences on your recent loss. Congrats on getting in your workouts through everything!

I do the stretches, but alot of women just leave.

Lynda - I too lie on my license. Just a bit!! I had mine renewed right after I had lost 50 plus pounds and could not believe the difference. For a long time, I kept both just to compare!!

Well, wish I could reply more, but I have to shower and then we're off to my sons football game.

Have a great weekend.

(Next Friday is my 2nd measure!!!)
Old 09-28-2003, 03:39 PM   #163  

Well it is Sunday. Yesterday I unloaded roof shingles at the dump and it took 2-3 hours, my body is aching!! I keep thinking about what it would feel like if I hadn't been to Curves this week! Although it was my first week back I feel better - leaner, stronger, toner. I have a crazy, late night schedule this week but I am going to make sure that I get my workouts in...I just feel so much better!!

Thanks for the info on stretching - I didn't know that you lose 40% if you don't stretch - which I am awful at! Will have to work harder at doing that!
Old 09-28-2003, 10:46 PM   #164  
~ Berry Happy ~

Default Thanks...

Lol...just wanted to say thanks...my mom always calls me a "Cutie Pie" lol.

Yes, I just put that picture up yesterday I think. I cannot wait until I lose some more weight so I can put an updated photo up. That picture was taken after I lost the 43 lbs. Now just 62 more lbs to go!
Old 09-29-2003, 04:30 AM   #165  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Well, it is a new week, and I hope to get there more this week. I missed the last 2 weeks, either was too tired, or asleep at the wrong time (I work the night shift, and my sleep has been all messed up lately).

Thinking of the stretching, made me smile ~ I do it. The hardest ones for me are the ones where you have to get down on the floor. It is the getting back up that is the hard part. I thought I had a way all figured out ~ that machine that you put your wrists in was at the end where you do your stretches, and I would crawl over there and get hold of that to help myself up. Must have been an interesting site for the other ladies. Then they moved the machines around and I had to figure out another way. LOL.

Hope you all have a good week.

Gayle
Closed Thread