Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-22-2014, 05:22 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

I've got less than a week until my 5k! I'm excited, but a little nervous. I know it's shallow and all, but I reeeeeeeeeally don't want to be last. And since it's on a military base, I'm afraid everyone else will be super fit. So. We'll see, I guess. I'd like to do it in under 37 minutes (if I can match your 36, Kitcherella, I'll be a happy camper).

CrazyCatWoman, that's one of the reason I like running! Makes it really easy and enjoyable to exercise in different places. I'm visiting my parents for two weeks this summer (they live across the country from me), and I'm really looking forward to running on the back roads around their house. Hopefully that'll work like your running did and offset the weight gain from all the food...

Good story, Robsia! I'm still kinda terrified of a marathon, but maybe one day...

How do you like the earbuds, Novus? I used to use SkullCandy earbuds, and they were really comfortable but the sound always went out on one side within a couple months. I couldn't figure out if I was doing something wrong or just had the bad luck to buy three or four 'lemons' in a row.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:52 AM   #32  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

On Sunday I did a 28 minute run. 2.19 miles, 12:49 pace. Yesterday I started the 10K training program. Yay! I think it's kinna sneaky that they start you training to run 6 miles with an itsy bitsy 15 minute run. I managed to do the 15 minutes with intervals of 6 minute run/90 second walk. It was terribly humid....sweet sweaty mercy! Oh, and I'm loving the Skull Candy earbuds - great sound, great fit.

Good luck with your 5K BigChiefHoho! Even if you do come in last place (which I doubt you will!) just remember that you're still ahead of the person sitting at home eating donuts and watching TV.

Happy running everyone! Have a great week!
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:08 AM   #33  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

2 miles with NO WALK INTERVALS!!! Bam...nailed it! From 2 minutes to 2 miles in 3 weeks. Yay!

How was the 5K BigChiefHoho?
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #34  

Nice job, Novus! Two miles is GREAT! How'd it feel?

My 5k.... did not happen. My husband had to go out of town unexpectedly and I didn't have anyone to watch the kids, so I wound up going to the gym as usual and just running a few miles on the treadmill instead. Boo. So now I'm looking at one in August.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:59 PM   #35  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Noooooo! I'm so sorry, BigChief! You worked so hard!
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:05 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 8in

Hello all - how are you doing ?

I just wanted to check in. I am doing 5km runs regularly and had my 10km race on Saturday. I was very pleased with it as I had had a few knee problems and also the dreaded 'runner's tummy'. No details, but it wasn't nice!

I am really enjoying this 'new me' - to think a year ago I was just able to run on a treadmill for maybe 2 minutes. Also, it is really helping my body adjust to my new weight and shape. I am surprised I am still losing a bit of weight. I know, if I want to keep running, I have to do more work on muscles and get back to the gym regularly, but right now it is just so lovely to run outside. Soon enough it'll be snowy winter and then I'll spend enough time indoors.
CrazyCatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #37  

Okay, this thread might be dead but I just wanted to crow! I did my first half-marathon race today. A year ago I couldn't run outside as my knees protested so much as I was so heavy.

My goodness life can change

Keep on running......
Old 09-20-2014, 05:48 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 129/127.5/112

Height: 5'0.5" (It matters!)

I don't belong here but... I just wanted to say congrats CrazyCatWoman! I remember doing C25K last year at the same time as you... I'm really glad you kept it up! Well done, you must be very proud!
cantgetenoughchoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:40 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

I too am a graduate. I finished about a month ago. (While on holiday if you can believe that)!! Now, I'm signings myself up to run a 5 k next year. In the meantime I've increased my frequency to run 5 x's a week. I love it. Wish I'd found this out years before I run flat, street and mostly trails with hills. I want to go longer say 5k 3 times a week, with a short 2 mile run and a long 4-5 mile run day too. My knee is a bit sore but think the hills in the trail today were taxing. I live in stunning high Peak District in England and hope to figure out how to post pics here
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:38 PM   #40  

Thank you cantgetenoughchoc - yes I am proud and it just shows these programmes can work.
And Cheddahcat keep on going! I cannot believe how much better I feel physically and mentally from running. It's flat around here, so I have no idea how I would fare on hills and trails. My routine is pretty much 3 x 5km each week, with one longer run. It is incredible to think that I can now do 5km no problem before breakfast.

I am a Brit, and have been to the peak District - it is indeed stunning and I envy you your environment: do post pics if you can!
Old 10-05-2014, 08:35 AM   #41  

Whoa, congrats on the half, Crazy Cat Woman! That is really impressive. I'd love to work up to doing one next year. What's your next goal?

And congrats cheddahcat, too! Have you picked out your 5k yet?

As for me, well... Life got kinda crazy. My husband switched to working nights for a while, I got slammed with a ton of freelance writing orders, and both my kids had to have surgery. Yeah. I kept up with the weight loss, but exercise kind of slid by the wayside, so I haven't actually been out for a run in about a month. Things seem to be calming down, though, so I'm hoping to get out there in the next couple days, especially since our weather is finally cooling down.

I'll keep you posted, and we'll see if we can bring this thread back to life, maybe.