Need to have a plan of attack

• Has anyone done Zumba? Is it big girl friendly? I don't care if I look like a crazy woman jumping around. I'm just curious if I should find something with a lower Intensity to start out.
  • Zumba is a good time. You can modify all the moves to make them harder or easier and the classes I've attended have had great variety in size, age, fitness level, etc.
  • Thank you for the reply
  • I have taken a zumba-style class that had all ages and abilities there and i had a good time...i personally found that the twisting moves aggravated my lower back, which has permanent injuries anyhow, so i stopped the class
  • Sorry to hear about your back but thanks for your thoughts
  • Zumba is a lot of fun! If you like music and dancing, you'll love it. The only people I've found who didn't like it were the more sporty types who liked softball, volleyball, etc. They didn't like the dance moves.

Zumba was one of the first things I did when I started exercising. I dropped in at the end of a class and did the last 15 minutes or so huffing and puffing (but having so much fun!) -- I was around 260 lbs. The next week I went back for the entire class and did all the moves that I could at the back of the room. Gradually, it got easier, and I did an hour of zumba once a week for a long time. They just recently discontinued the class... said it was passe' ...whatever. I loved it!
  • I'm loving Zumba. I am doing it on my wii. I usually do an hour and half of a combination of Zumba 2 and Michael Jackson the Experience. A great and fun workout