Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-02-2014, 08:01 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

That sounds really handy, Karin. The treadmills I use only have hill intervals, which don't do the trick. I wonder why all treadmills don't have the speed intervals. Seems like it would be really useful and a pretty easy feature to add.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:20 AM   #227  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

My poor Cinder . . . sometimes she sticks her nose under the door for the whole half hour I'm gone!

I accomplished W7D2 last night, along with a little extra.

I've been pretty adamant about sticking with the program and not pushing myself too hard, but I decided to keep going with the running portion last night until I knew I'd hit at least 2 miles. I do know that, according to my app anyway, we're supposed to be doing 2 1/2 miles in the 25 minutes, but 2 miles takes me close to 30 to accomplish. So I ran for an extra five minutes last night before slowing into my cooldown. I'm feeling fine this morning, aside from the usual allergy congestion.

I'm amazed that I ran for 2 miles straight, regardless of how slow I am! Here's another bragging photo that includes a "before" shot from a few years ago:

At the same time, I'm a bit annoyed with my weight loss stall.

Well, I'm not complaining too much, mind you . . . I'm still extremely excited about how much I've accomplished. After all, a 150 pound loss is nothing to sneeze at, but at the same time, I'm so close to getting under 200 pounds. I'm currently in my lowest weight range ever as an adult so I've never been anywhere under that number since junior high! I think I've been slacking a little on my eating so I'm going to work extra hard on that aspect this week.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:12 AM   #228  

Week 1 / Day 2 completed. Picked up the pace a bit but still shuffling by all accounts.
HungryInNewZealand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #229  
Nuttin to it but to do it

S/C/G: 270/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6''

Elladorine, I love all your pictures! Wow! You've come so far!
KarinRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #230  

w9d1 done! Almost talked myself out of even starting because my butt and hamstrings were sore from a squat-filled zumba class yesterday, but I'm glad I did it. It was slow, but I finished my 3 miles in about 38 minutes. And I feel goooood!

Last edited by BigChiefHoho; 05-04-2014 at 08:54 AM. Reason: messed up which day it was, oops
Old 05-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #231  

Woohoo!
Old 05-04-2014, 02:28 AM   #232  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarinRose View Post
Elladorine, I love all your pictures! Wow! You've come so far!
Aw, thank you!

You asked about treadmills vs. outdoors, but I can't say I have much treadmill experience aside from walking. I tried running on one a few times last but kept feeling like I was going to lose my balance and fall off! I'm not very coordinated.

Ugh, it was a warm one tonight, still 90° F. outside at 9 pm! But I finished up week 7 and am using all the pretty blues to pretend it's cooler right now (mind over matter, right?).

I had kind of an allergy attack on the way home, continuing with a sneezing fit once I got back inside. Sigh. I've been taking Claritin for a few days now but I'm not sure how much it's helping. I just took some Benadryl in hopes of getting some rest for tomorrow.

I was a little tired tonight, no doubt partially because of my 4 mile walk yesterday. But it's felt good to be active.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:06 PM   #233  

w9d2 down - one more day to go! I kept going a little extra today to make it to 3.1 miles - the full 5k! It took about 39 minutes, and was actually reasonably fun after the first half mile or so.

magicsusan, are you finishing this week too?
Old 05-05-2014, 07:01 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 165/124/115

Height: 5' 5"

Well, I finished C25K a while back (maybe a month ago) - and I just signed up from my first official 5K. I'm nervous but excited. It is this Saturday. I can't believe I actually signed up! I've already paid so there is no backing out now! Wish me luck!!
justrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:20 PM   #235  

Congrats and good luck justrunning!

Went out to do Week 1 / Day 3 and was really feeling it during the run bits. I even stopped at one point but keep going.

Once I got home I realized I had skipped to Week 3 / Day 3 in the app. Any hoo, will do day 3 over tomorrow.
HungryInNewZealand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:34 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone! I'm back! Shoulder is back to normal, and so I'm back to my regular workouts Unfortunately, as I only completed 2 days before having to let my body rest, I was quite rusty tonight. I decided to just start over fresh. It felt amazing though!
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:04 AM   #237  

Congrats, justrunning, and good luck on your 5k! Come give us a report, will you? I've been thinking about doing one soon myself and I'm pretty curious.

HungryinNewZealand - Haha, no wonder you were feeling it! W1d3 is gonna feel like a piece of cake now when you do it for real.

xRiotGirl - Welcome back! Glad your shoulder is feeling good enough that you can get back on the horse.

So I was planning on finishing w9d3 today buuuuuuuuuuuut my kid has an ear infection. Poor him, poor me. We'll see what the doctor gives him, and hopefully he'll be feeling enough better that I can finish it by the weekend maybe.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:18 PM   #238  

Accomplished W8D1 on Monday, looking forward to W8D2 tonight. And I'm so relieved it's cooled down some over here!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #239  

Well, the "easy" day of the dreaded week 5 is done so ... Stay tuned folks for updates soon on the 2x8 and the duh, duh,duh....LONG RUN!

Glad you are all doing well!!!:-). I hope you don't all leave when you graduate. (Hint, hint)
Old 05-11-2014, 09:21 PM   #240  

I was so enthusiastic about accomplishing W8D3 last night, the last training day of my app. We had some crazy winds over here though, and as I was looping through the other side of the neighborhood, everything went dark. The power had gone out everywhere! So without skipping a beat, I ran right back home. Luckily the moon was out so I was able to see well enough, but I still had nearly 8 minutes of running left that I couldn't finish.

I'm going to redo the day tomorrow night. After that, I'm not sure? Should I keep doing the 30 minute run on my running nights, or should I try adding 2-3 minutes more to that every week?