3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > Exercise!

Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

2014 - C25K - We're all runners!

Old 03-30-2014, 06:55 AM   #106
Determined!

S/C/G: 84.3kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 5'4"/164cm

Wooo! Look at everyone go!!

justrunning congrats! That's how I felt and it's such an awesome feeling!
Magicsusan we do have some beautiful spots in NZ, but some of us still have to live in the towns and cities. It's still nice where I live though a mix of beach, bush and farmland.
Tafadhali I'm hoping the speed will increase with time, if I keep plugging away at it

I'm on holiday this week so popping in for some motivation to keep me on track Hopefully it works!

lilmisschattabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:59 AM   #107
diamondgeog

Just finished the Austin Biggest Loser 5K. It turned out it was 3.4 miles. Pretty sure I did the 3.1 in 33 or 34 minutes. This is my second one. First one was close to 40 minutes.

I found you go faster in a race. Also almost exactly at half way both times it got much easier for me.

Last September I couldn't run for 30 seconds. So KEEP GOING everyone.

If I could do this at 48 anyone can. So worth it!

BTW met Marie Pearl and Vinnie something both past contestants. Both super nice. And Dan Evans, pretty good guitar player and singer.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:07 PM   #108

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 8in

I've been in and out of the C25K forums since I started the program last July, and today ran my first non-stop 5km outdoors.

If I can do it, you guys and girls most certainly can! I had never run in my life, and my knees were screaming against any impact stuff. I followed the intervals, using a treadmill at the gym and frankly got bored after about 10 weeks when I knew I could do 25 mins non-stop, but at a slow pace. So I stopped following the plan but worked on speed a bit and also on weights to help my knees. Now the snow and ice have cleared outside, I thought I'd give it a go and over the last week built up to it.

Best feeling in ages! Still in shock to be honest, and now it is definitely a mental thing to keep going, not physical.

To everyone here, don't give up. If you want to run 5km, you can! I cannot recommend this program highly enough, and also rate podrunner interval podcasts.

Thanks for letting me celebrate!

'Nothing ever tastes as good as being thin feels'

Maintenance started 31-03-2014

------------------------------------------------------
CrazyCatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #109

Congratulations on a great week everyone!

I look at this forum and I am so happy to see how many people post something to the effect of "I am so proud of myself!" I think it's great that we are all encouraging and praising each other, and I think it's even better that we are learning how to encourage and praise *ourselves*. There is so much fat-shaming, negativity and general one-upmanship in the world, and I am very thankful to have found a place where the people here rise above that and focus on all the positive changes we're making. It takes a lot of bravery to get out there, especially at a high weight a low fitness level, and every day we lace up our running shoes is a victory.

AFM, I've added a weekend "long run" to my C25K program -- just an easy jog out on the beach to get the lead out. Today was 2 miles, and although the run didn't feel good physically (I feel very heavy and awkward, and every step is a little painful), it was a glorious morning in Los Angeles, and it felt good to rejoin the human race.

Keep up the great work, everyone. You are an inspiration to folks like me who are just starting Week 2!

Cheers,
YoAdrian
YoAdrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:08 PM   #110
❈ one w/ the wind & sky ❈

S/C/G: 360/210/150

Height: 5' 8"

I was feeling very accomplished on Friday night with W3D1. I'm heading out later tonight to get through D2. I can feel myself getting stronger, and am so thankful my lungs have been doing so well (I have asthma but it hasn't acted up in ages).

Tafadhali: I'm in a hot weather area myself so I feel for ya, but I'm lucky since it's at least typically dry here. It wasn't horribly hot yet last year by the time I got pregnant and had to stop the program, so I'm not sure how well I'll adapt to running around when it's 90 at 5am. Time will tell!

Regardless, I'm amazed I made it this far!

Magicsusan: That's pretty awesome, and that's really what counts, right?! I did lose 2 pounds at my last weigh-in, and I'm noticing a difference in my waist. It's exciting because I'm an apple and my waist is my biggest problem area. It's all the more incentive to keep me going!

As for something to run in, try Old Navy; I haven't checked this season but am using some great leggings for running that I found there last year, for less than $20 if I remember right.

kailpea: I just finished W3D1 on Friday myself, so it sounds like we're about at the same level. I'll be thinking of you when I start W3D2 tonight!

Visit Elladorine.com to see my 150 lb. progress photos & more!Facebook Twitter

★ Goal for 2013: Healthy Pregnancy, Healthy Baby REACHED 12-11-13]
★ Goal for 2014: Get under 200 pounds once and for all!!! ★
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:22 PM   #111
Nuttin to it but to do it

S/C/G: 270/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6''

Hi all, just finished W1D1 and it felt great! Want to post here to make myself accountable and hopefully find some folks who are just starting also! :-)
Old 03-31-2014, 10:09 AM   #112
❈ one w/ the wind & sky ❈

S/C/G: 360/210/150

Height: 5' 8"

KarinRose, it does feel great, doesn't it? Keep it up!!! I think the hardest part for me was that first day, progress seems to be flying for me from there and I'm sure it will for you as well.

I finished W3D2 last night, and I'm amazed at how quickly it ended. Part of it might have had to do with trying to take one of my dogs out with me; halfway through the warm-up the hubby called and told me to bring her back. Our other dog was freaking out, crying over the separation! I wish I could take both with me at once, but when I have to concentrate on running (and not tripping over the both of them) they're just too much to handle. I actually redid part of the warm-up after dropping her back off at home.

It also might've helped that I added some new music to my phone so I had a whole new playlist! Plus I think my body is simply adapting, which is nice.

I've been trying to get the hubby to start up with me again (like he did last year before we both quit when I got pregnant) but with him helping out with the new baby and some other stuff going on, he's not quite there yet. He mostly did it with me to be supportive, but he was also remembering how great it felt to run way back in high school. I wish I had such memories, I hated anything to do with running back then! Anyway, he'd like to start up again and go with me sometimes once things are more settled in our lives, and it would be fun to occasionally bring the baby and both dogs for a nice run.

Let's keep going! Everyone keep up the great work!

Visit Elladorine.com to see my 150 lb. progress photos & more!Facebook Twitter

★ Goal for 2013: Healthy Pregnancy, Healthy Baby REACHED 12-11-13]
★ Goal for 2014: Get under 200 pounds once and for all!!! ★

Last edited by Elladorine : 03-31-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:09 PM   #113

Happy Monday everyone!

CrazyCatWoman, congrats on your outdoor 5k! How good does it feel to have that accomplishment under your belt? (And from the looks of your weight loss stats, I'm guessing that "belt" is much, much looser now!)

AFM, W2D1 done. On the first segment I was thinking "How am I ever going to run 90 consecutive seconds six times?" By the last one, I had upped the treadmill speed by 0.3, and was considering doing an additional running interval! (I decided against it, though. Just stick with the plan!) I guess sometimes it just takes some time to warm up. And always, mind over matter.

I hope everyone is doing well! KarinRose, I just started too, so it looks like we are in about the same place.

Cheers,
YoAdrian
YoAdrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:44 PM   #114
Katherine

S/C/G: 272/TICKER/172

Height: 5'10

Got through W3D2 today. I peaked ahead to Week 4 to see what was in store, and I don't know if I am quite ready for that. So I might end up repeating week 3. I've also been toying with going back to some of the earlier weeks and upping my speed a little. Has anyone done this? I know, my endurance has increased a lot, but I would like to increase my speed too. Right now I have been walking at 3.2 and jogging at 4.5 (which isn't very fast. . . I know some speed walkers who walk faster than that).
12-01-13 Started Journey | 01-09-14- First 10 lbs (262) | 3-4-14 20 lbs (252)| 35 lbs (237) | 50 lbs (222) | 65 lbs BMI: 29.8 No longer Obese | Onederland (199) | 85 lbs (187) | GOAL 100 LBS LOST (172) Normal BMI
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:26 AM   #115
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

Quote:
noshoes, silly question, but do you actually run barefoot? I use minimalist shoes (New Balance Minimus), but the rocks hurt my feet way too much to go shoeless outside.
Not a silly question. :-) I wear minimalist shoes for the same reason. I only do very short distances barefoot.

Week 9 now! I am getting slower which is weird but I am amazed I have come this far.

noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:43 AM   #116

S/C/G: 165/124/115

Height: 5' 5"

I completed W6D1 last night and I'm really surprised that it wasn't easier!

Maybe it was because I was in a funk and didn't really want to run, but it seemed more difficult than I thought it should be after running for 20 min straight on my last run. It could have also been that I tried to up my speed a little on this run. Probably a bad decision when I was already feeling sluggish and not wanting to run

I did do it, though! I ran the running parts and walked the walking parts, but I was so tired. I'm hoping it was all mental because now I'm not so confident on the upcoming 10 min runs of W6D2 and of course the looming W6D3
justrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #117

S/C/G: 255/208/??

Height: 5'4"

W8D1 finished!

Phew, it was one of 'those' runs. Started tired and ended hot and even more tired. Yuck. Zero energy, just happens that way sometimes. Makes ya appreciate the good runs when you're bouncing off the walls ready to go. My son and I both finished though. 28 minutes, we only got about 2.25 miles instead of the 2.75 miles we're supposed to be hitting. Haha! Oh well, I'm good with 12.5 min miles. Heck, I'm good with running for 28 minutes!! I'll happily keep puttering along.

I had to laugh though when I looked at week 9 on the app I'm using. All it says is "Run 5K". Errr, I think not quite yet. We will be able to hit 30 min though and I'm feeling good about that, how ever far the distance ends up being.

Looks like everyone is progressing along great. Keep it up y'all! As you get to the longer runs remember to slow down if they start feeling too hard. I keep saying that, but it's something I have to keep telling myself too. Sometimes I feel like I'm barely running, but hey, if it's sustainable it's all good!!

MagicSusan, I got a couple pairs of running tights at Walmart a few weeks ago and I'm loving them so far. Much better to run in than regular shorts. Target also has a lot of women's athletic wear, but the prices are a bit higher. Surprisingly, Old Navy also has a good selection of athletic wear. I got an awesome tech fabric snug hoodie there to wear under tshirts when it was still chilly in the mornings.

Sadly, it's getting warm fast so now I'm switch to wearing as little clothing as possible while still maintaining decency.
Tafadhali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:24 PM   #118
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Hey everyone!

Glad to see that pretty much everyone is still working hard and still progressing!!

Keep it up y'all!

I signed up for a 5K in September! Woo Woo! I also started taking Glucosamine to try and help my knees.

That all being said, I'm starting over.

I've got ~17 weeks until the run, giving me PLENTY of time to start over and work back up again. Leaving off at week 5 is making me a little sad, but I'm not progressing anymore and I don't want to just give up entirely. So starting over it is!

Also, if spring ever arrives in these parts, I'll be able to start jogging outside soon too!

10lb Weight Loss (287) √ | 20lb Weight Loss (277) √| 35lb Weight Loss (262) √ | Class I Obesity BMI (250) √ |
50lb Weight Loss (247) √ |
60lbs HALFWAY THERE | 65lb Weight Loss (232) | Overweight BMI (223)
| 85lb Weight Loss (217)
|ONEderland (199) | 100 Pounds Lost (197) | NORMAL BMI (185)
| 120lb Weight Loss (177)

One for every 5 lbs lost

F You Fatness
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:24 AM   #119
Determined!

S/C/G: 84.3kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 5'4"/164cm

W6D3 was today (22 min) and it was harddddd. I had pain in both my ankles/calves and I just wanted to give up the whole way. My fiancee came with me and at one point he was easily walking to my speed which sucked! I know I'm slow, but to have it proven was slightly disheartening lol. So I'm not sure how I'm going to go with 25 min runs next week. Kind of amazed that I'm only two weeks off finishing the program though!!! Even if it's at a snail's pace haha. I'm going to have to buy some new exercise pants too... Mine are falling down when I run, yay, lol!!

lilmisschattabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:20 AM   #120
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

Congrats on first 5km signing up! I want to do that too. :-) Silverfire

Yay for new smaller pants, Lil misschatterbox.

Quote:
Looks like everyone is progressing along great. Keep it up y'all! As you get to the longer runs remember to slow down if they start feeling too hard. I keep saying that, but it's something I have to keep telling myself too. Sometimes I feel like I'm barely running, but hey, if it's sustainable it's all good!!
Agree.

Felt sluggish, day 1 on week 9, feel like I am getting slower. I am going to blame the humidity. Tried to make a 7 minute km tonight and it was more like 7:08 which is fine. Half mile was 6:57 pace which is nice. :-) Fastest I have ever done.

noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.