Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-22-2014, 11:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Default Running questions!

Hi 3fc!!

So I have started my own version of what I think is HIIT. Basically I sprint on the treadmill for 30secs, then walk, then sprint again. Not sure if it's HIIT, but I feel so awesome after I'm done! and it keeps running exciting for me, I find it tedious and a bore if I'm just jogging or walking on the treadmill.

Anyway, so I ordered a HRM and it's on its way to me, but usually I like to see my calorie burn on the machine, and like to try exercising until I reach 400 cals (which is usually 3 miles in 50 minutes-suuuuper slow lol), but the thing is, should my mileage matter? Should I aim for 3 miles/day or stick to reaching 400 cals a day? I know the calories aren't accurate but then at least I know I'm burning around the same cals per day. Hopefully that makes sense.

I just don't know if I should focus on running faster to reach the same calorie burn or just get the 3 miles in, does that make sense? and heart rate? I hate having to put my hands on the bars, I just assume if I'm huffing and puffing, it's up lol, when my HRM arrives, should I aim for a certain number?

Also ever since I started running, my legs ache like crazyy!! Today I decided to take a rest but I walked around the mall ALL day, and my legs have a stinging pain again, is it the effects of being active again? I hope it goes away

Thank you!!
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm not doing any HIIT at the moment due to some chronic injuries but I know it's a great way to blast calories. I see lots of people incorporate high impact into their routines at the park and even on the street and it's kind of awesome. There's a guy that I see often that will run for 30paces or so and then do 10 jump frogs and then keep running. I also see people at the track do lunges on the straight path and then run the curved part.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:18 AM   #3  

That's awesome wannabeskinny!! I actually made a playlist, with slow song, then a fast one, slow, fast, so if I lose track of my timing I know when to pick up the pace, it really helps!!
Old 02-24-2014, 12:19 AM   #4  

Btw just wanted to say, I think I was reading a different thread that you commented on before, and you said "listen to the skinny girl inside"
( pretty it was you) but I always think about that when I'm at the grocery store and want to buy those individual snack cakes!! It really helps!! I also kinda love the quotes on your sig, must print them out sometime
Old 02-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhm6 View Post
Btw just wanted to say, I think I was reading a different thread that you commented on before, and you said "listen to the skinny girl inside"
( pretty it was you) but I always think about that when I'm at the grocery store and want to buy those individual snack cakes!! It really helps!! I also kinda love the quotes on your sig, must print them out sometime
I don't remember saying that but that's a good quote.

Regarding quotes, I have a running word document on my computer that I add quotes to all the time and keep it on my desktop. I love reading through the quotes and I love to add to it too. One of these days I mean to write some of them on note cards and put them up in my closet, I have a few already but it is time to update!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote