Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-10-2014, 12:06 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I completed W1D1 yesterday and work up early to do it. It felt great and I can't wait to do W1D2 tomorrow. I have never made it past week 3 before so that is my first goal.
Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:41 AM   #17  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Nice job Rated!

I won't be able to get back to the Gym till Monday Going to be a busy weekend!

I can't wait to sign up for the color run again. If anyone is looking to do a 5k and can't decide, pick a color run!! It's a blast. My friend and I walked it last year, and I WILL BE ABLE TO RUN IT this year!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:29 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

Good job everyone! I completed w7d3 last night, felt more tired than usual, and then I realized I had been running faster than usual, must have hit the wrong button on the treadmill, lol. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm really looking forward to week 8 (28 min)!
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #19  
diamondgeog

Finished W6D3. 20 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run. Felt fine at end of 20 but took me a couple of mins to get into the 5 min run. Then fine.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:05 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 188 my goal is 130-140

Height: 5'4

[SIZE="5"]
I would really like to start this again, I was doing good at my mom's over the summer running up and down the hills but when I got back home it hurt my calf's so I quit and just started to walk. Now with it being winter and the snow, I just don't know how or where to start. Do any of you guys run outside with the roads being wet?[/
SIZE]
Surfergirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:50 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 315/311/240

Height: 5'9"

I did it! W1 D1 complete! I tried doing C25k a few times, at least 8 years ago. I never made it more than 10 minutes into the first day. So needless to say, I'm very proud of myself

I am planning to do it Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm currently unemployed (as of Friday) so I may need to change the days around once I find a new job. I'm using the Ease into 5K app on my iphone.
Kate79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:15 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Kate - That is great that you have stuck it out further than you ever have before.
Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

Good job Kate!
W8d1 completed. Right knee really hurting though. Will take a couple days off :-(
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #24  

Good work everyone! I'll be W1D2 today after work. I'm actually really looking forward to the gym today! Mostly coz I got a new FitBit Force to play with.

Take it easy faded, don't over do it! Hope you're better quick
Old 01-14-2014, 08:57 AM   #25  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

Hi all! I restarted C25K last week and have now completed W1 D2! I feel stronger and better every time! I have signed up for a Color Me Rad 5K on March 29!! I'm so excited!!! Nice to read all these inspiring stories!
junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #26  
diamondgeog

Finished W7D2 Sunday. A 26 min run. It felt fantastic. Cannot believe how much energy running gives me. Best thing ever.

But for those starting out I have some trips. It was HARD starting. I mean HARD. Much harder than giving up my fast food and junk food.

Buy good shoes. Especially if you are overweight. Look at reviews. My rule of thumb is that the list price should be at least $100. Does more money always mean better? No. But it is rare to find a truly good $50 running shoe.

Repeat days and weeks if you want. It is more than OK. I personally had a personal habit of always finishing each run when I started a run. I broke this I think 2 times when I was getting over a cold and simply could not do it. But it was more important for me to be comfortable with distances then to not make a day.

I repeated weeks 4 and 5 a lot.

It goes up rapidly near the end but it will be ok. The longest I ever ran in my life was 10 minutes. Now less than 2 weeks later I ran 26 mins. It is because the walking intervals in between 2 10min runs are rather small and your body is building up to handle it.

Good luck. If I could do this anyone can. Just a few scant months ago I could not run or at least believed that would be my fate forever.

Last edited by diamondgeog; 01-14-2014 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #27  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

I have signed up for beginning running classes with a local running group. Here in Boulder the big thing is the Bolder Boulder, a 10K on Memorial Day. Elite runners come from all over the world, but there are also wave upon wave of ordinary folks just out for a good time. It's a huge party and I decided that this year I am doing it. I've already signed up for a wave in the "jog/walk: mostly jog category." My goal is to jog the whole 10 K though.

Of course it's super cold right now, with tons of wind. I've bought all recommended cold weather running gear ... I have access to a treadmill but I know I need to run outside as much as possible.
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:53 AM   #28  

diamondgeog - You rock! That's awesome, and good advice.

Sounds like a blast tefrey! Great motivation to get your butt in gear

I'll be skipping the gym today and going Thursday and Friday. Working second job tonight. Not running, but still a decent workout!
Old 01-15-2014, 01:10 PM   #29  
diamondgeog

Doing my 28 min run tonight. And I moved up my timetable. Found a cool sounding 5K on Feb 1 around 10 miles from home. Yeah I may have to walk some.

But still super excited.

Silver do NOT skimp on shoes. Trust me. I got the Adidas boost. My wife just got one of the Asics gel line. They make a huge difference. Plus they are awesome walking shoes.

Which brings me that my boost are very neon bright. So if you want to wear them walking might want to buy a less...look I am a running shoe and BRIGHT color.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:20 PM   #30  

I currently have a pretty nice pair of new balances that I really like (blue and hot pink I love the super bright colored shoes ) But I feel like my feet may have shrunk a little since I first bought them. I am keeping my eyes peeled for some sweet sales for now.