My favorite Wii workout/ what's yours?

• I really love the game Exerbeat, I just got it in the mail yesterday after having tried it a while back.

It has lots of karate, yoga, dancing and silly games to get you up and moving.
    I personally need something like a game to keep me motivated because the scoring makes me want to try harder rather than just watching a video.

Are you a video game exerciser and if so, what is your go-to game?

-SallyLa
  • We just got our kids a wii u for xmas, so I'll be watching this thread.
  • I have liked to use my daughers' "Just Dance" games on Wii, I don't pay attention to getting the arm movements right (which is how you're scored) its just fun to follow the animated dancer and get your body moving. There's a good song variety too, both old and new music.

I'm going to do these more during winter when it's cold. It's below zero this week.
  • I second the Just Dance games. I love the idea of getting up and moving around while having a good time, so Just Dance is right up my ally. I have a few versions of the game and can say I've lost weight by playing them. So much fun!
  • Another series that is good is the Dance Dance Revolution, because you can really work up a sweat, however it is a bit noisy and not great for apartments :-/
  • Haven't pulled the wii out in a while, but I have to second Exerbeat and DDR. I also like certain aspects of EA Sports Active More workouts.
  • Just dance! We have them all. But I think #2 and the newest one are the best
  • I am all about the Wii Boxing! It's crazy but I burn more doing that than any other exercise (according to my HRM). I usually get to about 10 calories a minute if I'm really into it. And it's excellent for getting anger out I really want to get the Wii Sports Resort game for the sword fighting part. I've never tried any of the dancing games, I'm just too uncoordinated, but Exerbeat sounds fun, I'll have to look for that one
  • Another Just Dance fan. Got the newest for Christmas but I've only tried it once so far. I have a lot of the others Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus, Country Dance 1 & 2, EA Active 1 & 2 My Fit Coach 1 & 2. I don't have Exerbeat or Walk it Out. I have heard those are pretty good. But, IMO the dance games are better than the exercise games mainly because I work up a sweat on any of the dancing games but not so much on the Wii Fit and others.
  • I really enjoy them, but I think my biggest problem is actually going and doing it lol. It's easy to be like...I'll do it later...

Any tips?
  • Find a buddy. My daughter is the one who gets me to do it with her. Or, what I have been doing to work out is, "I can't do____until I ____" Like, I can't make dinner until I did my 200 squats. Stick with it. You can make a goal and try to beat it. Day 1-3 songs, Day 2-4 songs etc