3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   need more music to workout to! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/290961-need-more-music-workout.html)

rubidoux 12-29-2013 06:25 PM

need more music to workout to!

I've gone back and found all the workout music threads I could and have added some songs, but I need some new ones now. Any suggestions? My musical taste is all over the place.

Here're my highlights from recent months in case anyone else is looking for some music, too:

-- it's not right, but it's ok -- whitney houston
-- pumped up kicks -- foster the people
-- too close -- alex clare
-- stereo love -- edward maya and vila jigulina
-- taboo -- don omar
-- el amor, el amor -- zumba fitness
-- home -- edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros
-- get lucky -- daft punk
-- hold you in my arms -- ray lamontagne
-- hips don't lie -- shakira
-- i ain't mad at cha -- tupac
-- my night with a prostitute -- beirut
-- nantes -- beirut
-- pon de replay -- rihanna
-- the seed -- the roots
-- sleepyhead -- passion pit
-- shake senora -- pitbull
-- stacked actors -- foo fighters
-- rexall -- dave navarro
-- stronger -- kanye
-- black skinhead -- kanye
-- everyday I ran -- james blake
-- retrograde -- james blake
-- type of way -- rich homie quan

happybug 12-30-2013 06:26 AM

Katy Perry - Last Friday Night.
Vanessa Amarossi - The Power
Vanessa Amarossi - Shine
Vanessa Amarossi - Absolutely everybody
Kung Foo Fighting
Eye of The Tiger
Shannon Noll - Lift

Diamondonalandmine 12-30-2013 06:44 AM

"Pour it up" -Rihanna
"Work b*tch" Britney Spears
"Worst Behavior" -Drake
"Schoolin' life" -Beyonce
"Livin' it up" -Ciara
"Twerk it" -Busta ft.Nicki Minja
"Gorilla" -Bruno Mars
"Come & get it" -Selena Gomez (shhh lol)

I like slower songs when I am warming up or doing free weights. And more upbeat/aggressive songs when I am FIGHTING through the harder leg stuff :^:

rubidoux 12-30-2013 05:58 PM

Thanks you guys! I'm gonna try to listen and pick some out before I go for my walk today. :)

rubidoux 12-31-2013 05:06 PM

Happybug, you must be about my age to have kung foo fighter and eye of the tiger on your list. :)

And diamond, I think I have a girl-crush on Ciara now. I had heard of her and heard a bit of her music, but not paid a lot of attn. I'm usually not into that diva stuff. But WOW, her videos are amazing! Makes me wanna be 25 and 5'10".

I gotta say though, in Ride (now you gotta go watch it!), she looks so amazing in the black exercise pants and not overly sexy bra top and high top sneakers, but then just kinda ridiculous and embarrassing in the overly skimpy bathing suit-type thing with the cut out belly and heels. Ewww! So hot in that first black outfit, though. I would make a sucky stylist, but I wish they had consulted me on that! lol

Anyway, I downloaded three of her songs. Yay!

shea 01-02-2014 05:03 PM

Rubidoux first have to tell you I love your avatar. I just got done with a marathon of last season's justified. I usually have shuffle on but have noticed a few songs that make me pick my pace up whether from the music or meaning I take from it. Some are
Hold On & On Your Way-- Alabama Shakes
Wake Up--Arcade Fire
Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High & I bet You Look Good On The Dance floor --Acrtic Monkeys
Viva La Vida --Coldplay
Next to Me-- Emeli Sande
Dog Days Are Over--Florence and the Machine
Ho Hey-- The Lumineers
Singing in The Rain--Gene Kelly
Radioactive & On Top Of The World--Imagine Dragons
Tightrope--Janelle Monae
Dance,Dance,Dance--Lykke Li
Victory Dance -- My morning Jacket
Carry On -- Pat Green
Can't go Back Now--The Weepies
Sorry longer list than I meant to post, but start scrolling through my iPod...:o
Also, came across a blog called Fit bottomed girls, and noticed they have
A few work out lists. They seem to cover a few genres and type of list such as best of, reader picks, trainer picks, haven't really gone through them yet though, but will.

rubidoux 01-02-2014 10:19 PM

omg, shea! I am so excited for the new season that starts any day now! woot! and thanks for the input. I'm gonna check some of them out now. :)

shea 01-04-2014 04:52 PM

I do not have cable so am always behind on certain shows. This can be hard but also fun to do the marathon sessions. I'm glad you found a couple new songs.

noshoes 01-12-2014 03:54 AM

Roar Katy Perry
Not afraid Eminem
Hey ya Outkast
Keep Rolling
Lots of Michael Jackson
Sliver Nirvana

I like lots of different music but prefer rocking music. I love a rocked up cover of a pop song like Womanizer.