whoa whoa H2O - what's happening??!!

• So I stop working, start eating 3 a day at home (no more vending machine), starting slow on workouts...

I have gained nearly five pounds!!

Now, I have done some reading and know that I could be retaining water as my body adjusts to work outs. I need to up my water too...

How much do you drink? It just isn't my favorite and it will be a new habit to learn...tips or tricks welcome!

Someone tell me this is normal...even if you have to lie to me!
  • Are your workouts making you sore? If they are, expect that your muscles are pulling in water to help with the repair process. I have always gained 5+ pounds the week I start a new workout program as my body adjusts.
  • the scale went crazy as soon as I started heavy weight workouts....i'm not sure if it's ever calmed down because I finally had to stop weighing because while I could SEE a difference in my body, the scale was making me mentally crazy
  • Thank you both for chiming in...the scale has finally begun to move the right way :-)
  • Excellent.
  • Hey i've copied this off of a website i use it's a very rough idea of what your water intake should be around, for a better idea of your daily intake of fluids it's best to use an online calculator as it measures several different things to give you a very close answer,

So how much fluid does the average, healthy adult living in a temperate climate need? The Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day. The AI for women is 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day