Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #16  
Just watch me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGirl2012 View Post
I don't think of it as giving up. I just acknowledge the sidelines and adjust my plan accordingly.
You know, PhillyGirl, there's a lot to that. It was relatively simple for me to lose weight when I had lots of time and little stress. But now back to work is a whole different thing. There really are just so many hours in a day, and just so much energy to be had. Priorities are real, as are limitations. So what to do

For me, I think the food has to change to plant-based, which is naturally higher fiber and nutrients and lower in calories. And I have to get out and walk at lunch time. And maybe, the goal should be 2 'fun' work outs a week instead of one a day - at least for now.....

Hope everyone's having a good day.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #17  

Exhale, I'm with you on the healthy mindset. Did you ever notice how many food commercials run when you are watching the boob tube? I did and very rarely is it anything healthy. To add on to that there are MANY commercials for medications too and they seemed to be geared towards the 40ish crowd. This is not a good sign. We are so used to band aid therapy. I was getting acid reflux earlier this year and sought a gastro doc because of it. She ordered a battery of test, but as I rethought my approach I had to be honest and look at what I was putting in my body. I'm getting older and the stuff I used to eat is a no-no now. Making that food adjustment=acid reflux gone.

On another note....
I decided to cancel my gym membership. I hadn't gone in the past three weeks and as the weather gets cold I just don't want to go. I have also been coming up with workouts to do at home and I'm back to scouting out youtube and my huge dvd collection. For all that don't know there's a HUGE variety of workouts available on youtube. Plus I still have that groupon for bootcamp to use by November 7.

I did this stretching workout yesterday at my desk in cubicle world and it felt great. I've been watching her workouts and downloaded a few.

Mobility Warm up with Keaira LaShae

Ughhh....its raining cats and dogs here and I gotta get ready for work. Have a happy Friday!

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 11-01-2013 at 06:45 AM. Reason: add
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #18  
Just watch me ...

Oh yes, the commercials create a 'me too' club, filled with members with mostly lifestyle-created illness. The only thing I want to be seeing 'at our age' is more candles on the cake. (and I do expect cake, at least that day).

I am with you on the youtube and dvd exercises. And I am going to start doing the activities I like and not what I think I should like. Enough of this.

I'm back with my gym membership. I'm hoping to at least use it for the sauna to destress. Figure a shower and sauna may replace a couple hundred calories a night.

Have a wonderful weekend

Last edited by Exhale15; 11-01-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #19  
Just watch me ...

Happy weekend all

PhillyGirl, I love the Mobility WarmUp - thanks !

I'm having problems w/ my computer - pages are taking a long time to load. I clear my cache and my history, but still, it's funky. I hope it's not my computer! Pages load find on my cell phone....any idea what the problem might be ?

Have a great weekend all
Old 11-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #20  

Hello everyone! I hope you're having a good weekend. I got to my laundry today and was super tired afterwards. I have family visiting today and my aunt is still in the hospital....such is life.

I discovered dailyburn! The youtube personality for that mobility workout is also on dailyburn so I though I'd check it out. There's a 30 day trial which hits me in my sweet spot. It runs on my roku which is a super bonus. Oh and I made my first flavored water today. It's good and more refreshing than I thought it would be. I used cucumber, lime and kiwi. I wanted mint, but forgot to pick it up at the market.

Exhale, do you run malwarebytes AND antivirus? My desktop computer was running crazy and there were some installed toolbars as well as a trojan making my browser take forever to process a page. I use malwarebytes, spybot and microsoft essentials (as my current antivirus). All of these are free and I linked to help you download if you choose to.

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 11-02-2013 at 09:29 PM. Reason: add
Old 11-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #21  

Happy Sunday!

I broke my exercise slump today with a youtube workout with keaira lashae and a dvd workout-turbo jam live....yay me!!

I'm consuming the rest of my flavored water throughout the day and will make another bottle to take with me to have at work. I'm making Rachel Ray's Lentil Stew with turkey sausage and kale. I'm amping up the veggies though with adding a mix of different colored peppers...red-orange-yellow and a chopped leek. I'm also using a mix of turkey sausage and ground turkey. I made this before and its very filling and super yummy.

Feelin' good and I hope everyone is doing well.

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 11-03-2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: add
Old 11-08-2013, 12:03 AM   #22  

Where is everybody?
Old 11-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #23  
Just watch me ...

I'm here PhillyGirl long week
ate pretty well but not much else. Will report on Sunday about wonderful gym stuff
Happy Friday Everyone

Last edited by Exhale15; 11-08-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #24  

It's a great start--from stairs--to walking. Just keep it up and try to increase your distance every week or so, and then do it faster.

Last edited by Kscott; 11-08-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #25  

It sounds like you're all doing great!

Last edited by Kscott; 11-08-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #26  
Just watch me ...

It's difficult to not have an all-or-none mentality. I think it's important to eat well and move for it's own sake, and not look to the scale for approval. Because the scale doesn't know everything.

Also, I'm training myself to look to eating well and exercise/movement for instant gratification. Kinda like that saying about living well being the 'best revenge'. WhenI get that under my belt, I'll get the long-term and long-lasting health and happiness results I've been looking for 'in all the wrong places'.

Last edited by Exhale15; 11-08-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #27  
Just watch me ...

Hi. Great weekend. Spent most of today walking through the park taking photos before the colors fade. Put in a couple of miles & lots fresh air. Ate well, too.
Happy girl today
Old 11-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #28  
Just watch me ...

Hi everyone

Wow it was cold today; and we had a flurry of snow!
Eating much better and my weight gain has turned around. Focusing on the process of eliminating harmful items from my diet. Feeling much better.

Has bootcamp started yet PhillyGirl?
Old 11-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #29  

Hello everyone!

Exhale, I went just to claim my groupon so it wouldn't go to waste, but I didn't actually workout as they were closing. If I remember we are neighbors so the weather is the same. It's been cold so I haven't gone because he mentioned working outside if its not too cold. He also talked a bit about the inside temperature and if its a certain temp he will cut the heat on.

I forced myself to get some laundry done, but I have no umph today. I think I'm a bit tired. I'm making my version of chicken yat which is just noodles, gravy, chicken and a boat load of sauteed onions. I'm also watching the movie The Net.

Off to veg out.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #30  
Just watch me ...

Good to hear from you PhillyGirl, and your recipe sounds great

I'm 2 for 2; yesterday went to the gym and did a bit of stuff, not much because I'm totally deconditioned. Today I forced myself to take a 'MELT' class, which uses a foam roller to release the tension/knots from the connective tissue, and de-kink the spine. It was really good and I feel like hope is in sight. We are in the same weather pattern; I find myself getting chilled easily when the weather changes (Oh, I'm sounding so fragile ).

Anyway, my throat has gotten really raspy sore in the past couple of hours; I hope it's a passing fad. I just had some Indian take-out, and I'm watching one of the Zeus/Thor type movies. Lots'a fantasy and monsters, and winged horses (I love winged horses)

Enjoy a good rest, meal, and movie

Hope everyone is good.

Last edited by Exhale15; 11-16-2013 at 07:58 PM.