Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 283/276/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Post-Exercise Ouch!

Every Sunday, I take part in a Western European Martial Arts class that focuses on swordsmanship. Yesterday was the first day I was actually allowed to fight a classmate (we've been doing basics and getting to this point for months). Normally, I am a little sore for a day or two after class but nothing major, but yesterday I got to use muscles that I didn't even know I had. Man, am I ever sore! It was a lot of fun, but today my legs and butt are so sore I don't even want to walk the dog for too long! How do you guys deal with post-exercise pains? What's the best way to minimize the hurt?
Trickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:46 AM   #2  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I had a big workout today, and by this evening, I'm starting to really feel it. What I usually do is drink plenty of water and eat plenty of protein. Can't ever entirely prevent the soreness. I just choose to redefine the soreness as evidence that I worked hard and am building muscle.

A good stretch, putting pressure on my sore spots by laying on a foam roller, a massage, soaking in a tub with Epsom salt. It all works.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

I used to get very sore shinbones and shin splints after jumping rope. One of my friends said that her chiro told her that if ever anything is sore to rub it and keep rubbing it until it isn't sore anymore, I tried this and I found my hurts recovered much quicker. Hot baths helped too.
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #4  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

I think warm baths with epsom salts might work. Feel better!
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #5  

I-Buprofen and a hot bath works great. After a good work out--before I go to bed I take them--it reduces the pain and swelling. But pain is to be expected when you're working muscles that haven't been worked in a while.

Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #6  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Ibprofen is my friend on those days, but I actually find the best way is to get back into exercising the next day. If I skip a day or two, I am sore longer than if I stay active. I always feel better after another workout - just be sure not to over do it.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote