Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 03:52 PM   #1  

Default fat knees...help

Are there any certain exercises that will help slim down / firm up the area above and beside the knees....Even when I weighed 110 lbs. (years ago) that part of my knees was still fat...I've still got quite a bit of weight to lose and I'm doing the WOTP videos but not noticing any difference yet...
Thanks
Old 06-25-2003, 09:39 AM   #2  

I have the "fat knee" problem too and always have even as a child. I also would like to know of an exercise for firming if not trimming that area too. I am slightly 'knock-kneed' but the extra fat makes it appear worse.

dip
Old 07-11-2003, 04:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

You may not like this answer, but some of us have pockets of fat that resist diet and exercise. Like you said, you can weight 110 pounds & still have fat in pockets that won't go away. That's the beauty of genetics. I get frustrated when people say they are genetically predisposed to be morbidly obese....I want to tell them "No, you're not genetically predisposed to be morbidly obese, your're genetically predisposed to a have a certain body type that holds on to fat in certain areas, such as knees or hips or abdomen!" You can certainly trim down your knees through total body fat burning aerobic exercise & strengthen your leg & knee muscles through lower body strength training such as lunges & squats.

Liposuction is designed exactly for these pockets of fat that resist diet and exercise. Lipo is not the answer for weight loss, but it is the answer for fine-tuning your "trouble spots" once you've reached your target weight and are in top shape.

Good Luck!
Old 07-14-2003, 02:40 PM   #4  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Genesis has that right - some places just like keeping a tight hold on their very own fat pockets, and nothing you can do will shift them.

If you get down and stay down at your target weight then it may be that lipo is your only solution - and you don't know how much it hurts me to say that, exercise believer and instructor that I am!!!
Closed Thread