Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/135/135

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Foam Rolling...Everyone should try it!

So i've been 'rolling' now for 3-4 weeks and just have to say: LOVE IT.

I rarely ever get sore after runs/workouts if at all anymore. My back pain has nearly vanished. Overall my body feels so much healthier and happier!

After reading about so many of the possible benefits I decided to give it a go. Best $35 I ever spent. It's like getting a massage anytime I want (and way cheaper!). I usually roll a little bit before and after my runs/workouts, then really get into it on my rest days.

If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it! If you're a roller already, what's your favorite and least favorite roll?

My favorite would have to be the hip rotators/piriformis area while my least favorite is definitely the adductors (inner thigh). Ohgawd, it hurts and I need a lot of work there...but it feels great afterwards!
Kalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #2  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I just bought one a couple of weeks ago. I have read about them and have the impression they are a good thing. But haven't tried it out yet. You are inspiring me!

Are there any instructions/videos/etc that you can recommend?
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/135/135

Height: 5'4"

I wish I had something specific to recommend. I just started off by googling foam rolling for runners and came across many different things. A lot from fitness sites like livestrong to bloggers raving about the benefits. There are a lot of videos on youtube as well and they address broad and specific goals. There's something you can do for basically every muscle or ache that you may have in addition to pumping up your exercise routine.

Definitely put it to use though, I'm sure you'll be happy you did!
Kalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

I have never heard of this.... I am so going to have google this when I get home, or youtube it.
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote