Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #1  

Question Zumba question

Hi!
I've been doing Zumba 3x a week for about 6 mons. Everyone has their spot and I really enjoy the classes. Lately a lady and her two daughters have been coming and they steal my spot. As in I am standing in it and they stand directly in front of me or move into it when I go for y water.

I have tried asking her to find a spot bc class is starting with no success. I hate wasting twenty minutes at the gym just to reserve my spot and I don't feel that having to move bc of them is acceptable.

Moreover my issue is I feel unimportant bc it's only my spot they take!!

Any advice??
Ot2be2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Height: 5'2"

Maybe they feel it is their spot?! I completely understand tho, I have my own "spot" at class too. If someone is in mine I just go next to them, or in front of them so they have to stare at my jiggly bum and less than great movement
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #3  

Jazzercise and Zumba are alike in that respect haha. Everyone has this tendency to pick their spot, and come back to that spot every time they go to class. But there is no reservation held on that spot, so no you can't ask them to move if they got there before you. I have been Jazzercising for years and am very accustomed to not getting my preferred spot. The silver lining about moving around in class is you get to know everyone, and its kind of nice to walk in and everyone knows you by your first name.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/107/107

Height: 5ft 3 inches

i do a bit of zumbering in my bedroom..that way i have my exact spot each time
carloujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/167/150

Height: 5'10

Oooooooh I HATE that! Even if nobody teeeechnically has a reserved spot, dang it that's where you like to go and it's annoying!

I agree that if someone is already IN it, you really can't do a lot. I know you like your spot, but you can get a good workout no matter where you stand, right?

But it sounds like they are full on taking your area after you have already gotten there. How obnoxious! When you go to get water, I would put my workout bag right where I was standing.

This may not be your style, but when I've had people be as annoying as that, I have no problem zumba-ing right into them. Then they don't want to be around me.
Andrea85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea85 View Post
Oooooooh I HATE that! Even if nobody teeeechnically has a reserved spot, dang it that's where you like to go and it's annoying!

I agree that if someone is already IN it, you really can't do a lot. I know you like your spot, but you can get a good workout no matter where you stand, right?

But it sounds like they are full on taking your area after you have already gotten there. How obnoxious! When you go to get water, I would put my workout bag right where I was standing.

This may not be your style, but when I've had people be as annoying as that, I have no problem zumba-ing right into them. Then they don't want to be around me.
It's very dangerous for one to leave gear on the floor--just to reserve their favorite spot. Someone could trip over it--which could result in a serious injury--that could keep them out of class for several months--let alone the law suit that may ensue--which could end up closing the class forever. Also your instructor--if knowledge of you purposefully leaving your gear in a spot in class will probably make public statement in class about not doing that which can be very embarrassing.

So-just realize there is no reservation on your favorite spot--just move to another available spot on the floor--and get over it. You're still going to get the same workout regardless--and that's what you're there for in the 1st place.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote