Running faster!!

• Soo I just started running again 2 weeks ago (used to be really good and ran half-marathon). Monday I ran 5K in 33 minutes, which I thought was okay, but I was really tired and sore afterwards..

This morning I ran 5K again in only 28 minutes!! And I felt great afterwards, not tired or anything.. like how does that even happen? I feel so motivated now that I can run 9 min/mile

Anybody else improving their running times?
  • I have DRAMATICALLY improved how fast I run. But not in the short time you did! My guess is your body is pumped to begin running again! Good job!!
  • Great!!! Just remember you'll have bad days and you'll have good days. Don't stress on the bad--just keep going.
  • Hey that is awesome! I am not improving my running speed so much as distance. I just recently moved from 30 second drills to one minute drills. but I do the drills during my 5k walks so it is reducing my overall time Ive gone from an hour 15 to 51 minutes on the days I do drills.

I look forward to the day that my times look like either of yours!!!
  • thanks guys I think often it depends what I've eaten the night before... If I only eat a small portion for dinner my energy levels are low the next morning, so I guess that wont happen again

pnkrckpixikat that's also quite an improvement! Won't be long till you can run the whole thing!
  • Quote: thanks guys I think often it depends what I've eaten the night before... If I only eat a small portion for dinner my energy levels are low the next morning, so I guess that wont happen again

pnkrckpixikat that's also quite an improvement! Won't be long till you can run the whole thing!
    No Kidding!!! It was my husband's birthday the other day--so I had a piece of cake the night before I went to class--and man did I have a rough time getting through that class. I came out of it feeling soggy and exhausted.

Last night--I went to class--eating normal--healthy food--and just burned right through it. Those processed sugars really slow me down.
  • Quote: No Kidding!!! It was my husband's birthday the other day--so I had a piece of cake the night before I went to class--and man did I have a rough time getting through that class. I came out of it feeling soggy and exhausted.

Last night--I went to class--eating normal--healthy food--and just burned right through it. Those processed sugars really slow me down.
    Hmm well I guess it depends on what you eat then processed sugars go right into the blood stream and will be gone from the blod the next morning, whereas healthy slow-burning carbs will still be there.. ready to provide energy for the run - makes sense